impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

I don't really need to point this out, but impeachment doesn't reverse the will of Trump voters.  One could squint and maybe convince themselves that REMOVAL might do that, but this fuckstick apparently doesn't even understand the process well enough to make a cogent argument.

Biggs seemingly had a point -- if Nadler shot down Berke & Castor's failure to follow parliamentary procedure because they were witnesses, and then ruled they didn't need to be sworn in because they AREN'T witnesses, he's being inconsistent.

I hate this shit because it's just more ammo for the right to argue against the process instead of fact.

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Who cares? It's a way to carry his stuff. It's irrelevant. 

Maybe Whole Foods is a Russian front. They used this bag to deliver cash to the GOP criminal operation. Devin Nunez tosses the bag aside when he empties out his share. 

Castor comes strolling by and sees the bag.

"Nice bag. I could use a nice bag. I could carry lunch meat in it or, hey!, I could use it for work! Hmmmm. Lunch meat. Of course! The baloney defense! It just might work!"

The defense does work, and history is changed by the mindless discard of a perfectly good bag.

Bet you didn't think about that, huh, Mr. Irrelevant?

• Like 1

Over the weekend, C-SPAN had some old videos from the Clinton impeachment.  I watched the House Judiciary committee debate and vote on one of the articles of impeachment.  The civility of that proceeding was amazing compared to what we are watching today.

The R's were in the majority but both sides were participating in the debate.  Each side was focusing on making an argument rather than just being angry at the other side.  Both sides had people saying "I recognize the point you are trying to make but here is where I disagree with you".  The R's were focused on the conduct of the president.  The D's were focused on not overturning the results of an election.  Sound familiar?

Today seems to be really different than that day.  I'm not putting blame here on either side for this -- or rather I think I am blaming both sides, but these hearings are substantially more divided and angry than those from twenty years ago.

2 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

Over the weekend, C-SPAN had some old videos from the Clinton impeachment.  I watched the House Judiciary committee debate and vote on one of the articles of impeachment.  The civility of that proceeding was amazing compared to what we are watching today.

The R's were in the majority but both sides were participating in the debate.  Each side was focusing on making an argument rather than just being angry at the other side.  Both sides had people saying "I recognize the point you are trying to make but here is where I disagree with you".  The R's were focused on the conduct of the president.  The D's were focused on not overturning the results of an election.  Sound familiar?

Today seems to be really different than that day.  I'm not putting blame here on either side for this -- or rather I think I am blaming both sides, but these hearings are substantially more divided and angry than those from twenty years ago.

Thats politics in general these days, and why things are so frustrating.  To pass anything in congress now you essentially have to control the house, senate, and the WH.  No one works together anymore, because your base will accuse you of treason for trying to compromise with the other tribe.  The two party shit is the root of almost all of our problems these days, and I dont see anything thats going to fix it anytime soon.  

Been listening on the car radio and going in and out this morning. It seems the reps plans are the appearance of total chaos - to make it look like this is ALL out of control. Argue, demand breaks, interrupt, talk over . . . Trump and Stephen Miller must have designed the planning for this.

It may work.

26 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

If we're just talking about the impeachment hearings, I can place blame on party quite easily. Doing anything else is not only intellectually lazy, but completely disconnected from the facts. 

Absolutely shameless presentation by Castor. Fortunately, his presentation won't hold anyone's attention for very long. It's not nearly as effective for the intended audience as the milk carton with Schiff or READ THE TRANSCRIPT!

Ebil Dems. Ebil Hunter. 

I can't listen to this shit anymore. I'll tune back in later. I still can be outraged by a man willfully discarding his honesty and integrity and, I believe, his duties as an officer of the court to spew what he knows are lies, deflection, and distortion. This is no honest, alternative interpretation of facts. 

Put him in the cage with the rest. 

• Like 1