impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

Just now, BrickHorn said:

You are right to condemn the Republicans for their party-over-country bullshit.  But I disagree that the Dems would behave the same way if Trump were a D.  They wouldn’t be leading the charge, maybe, but they wouldn’t be selling out logic, truth, and reason to defend him. 

That's fair. 

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Because they really don't. This is what the GOP does (since about 2008). Democrats do other stuff. I'm not defending Democratic politicians. I'm saying they aren't alike.

That's fair and maybe I just don't watch enough of these hearings to know. Thank you for thoughtfully explaining your position. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

i love how the most partisan republicans are pretending to have the expectation that participants in this inquiry MUST ABSOLUTELY be apolitical in their personal lives. 

fuck these disingenuous fucks. you are defending a criminal.

to say nothing of all the mentions of the balls the dems have to not have adam schiff (the #1 top good guy fact witness in history) testify, without a single mention of across-the-board stonewalling by this administration.

it wouldn't be hard to trap castor painting with a broad brush about people who have the facts having a responsibility to come forward.

42 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i love how the most partisan republicans are pretending to have the expectation that participants in this inquiry MUST ABSOLUTELY be apolitical in their personal lives. 

fuck these disingenuous fucks. you are defending a criminal.

my favorite part was the guy saying that we really need this to be non-partisan and that the framers didn't intend impeachment to be partisan, then he shows he's totally non-partisan by referring to the "democrat report"

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I can barely keep up today - absolutely slammed at work - but I’d like y’all to imagine the absolute shenanigans that would have occurred if a woman had brought her work materials for a congressional hearing in A FUCKING RECYCLABLE GROCERY TOTE.

That’s all.

The D's would have praised her for the recycling. The R's would have been disappointed she didn't bring sandwiches.

22 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Woman on the left should have had a yellow sticky note on the table fast, with the words "million!!!  million dollars!!!!"

the sitcom writer in me would prefer:

goldman - ...when he withheld $391 of assistance to the ukr-

(the clerk scurries up behind him and whispers into his ear)

goldman - million?  three-hundred ninety-one million?  god damn dude, this is a big deal.  fuck.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1