Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

2 minutes ago, canadianhorn21 said:

A grad transfer wouldnt affect the 2021 class tho...has to be a 2020 kid or a transfer

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

(Probably) wouldn't be a GT if it takes a spot from the '21 class. 

Ah, missed that part of the update. So take out the GT options.

1 hour ago, canadianhorn21 said:

A grad transfer wouldnt affect the 2021 class tho...has to be a 2020 kid or a transfer

A grad transfer technically would, because taking up a 2020 spot means one fewer 2021 25-man counter spot to be counted backwards due to an early enrollee

Anyway, I think they're talking about Tarik Black 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

A grad transfer technically would, because taking up a 2020 spot means one fewer 2021 25-man counter spot to be counted backwards due to an early enrollee

Anyway, I think they're talking about Tarik Black 

I'll trust your knowledge over mine here, but why would a spot in the '21 class be influenced by taking a kid that can only play in the 2020 season?

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're basing this on...what exactly?

giphy.gif

Join my premium FB page, BEVOscoop at an affordable $19.95 a month and I will fill you in.  Why so much you say? Because it's double the scoop compared to the weak competitors out there.

5 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I'll trust your knowledge over mine here, but why would a spot in the '21 class be influenced by taking a kid that can only play in the 2020 season?

GTs count as part of the yearly  25 man signee limit, so taking Black, or any GT, would mean we have one less spot to back count for 2021. 

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

GTs count as part of the yearly  25 man signee limit, so taking Black, or any GT, would mean we have one less spot to back count for 2021. 

Let me get this right.

Hypothetically: Tarik Black graduates from Michigan in May and enrolls at Texas to play football in 2020 with one year of eligibility. That eligibility expires at the end of the season, and with no eligibility remaining, he's off the roster.

The class of 2021's eligibility begins in the 2021 season, long after Tarik is gone. Why would the '21 class take a hit if it will never be on the roster while Tarik is and he's formally a member of the 2020 class?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm only saying that it is absurd. 

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Let me get this right.

Hypothetically: Tarik Black graduates from Michigan in May and enrolls at Texas to play football in 2020 with one year of eligibility. That eligibility expires at the end of the season, and with no eligibility remaining, he's off the roster.

The class of 2021's eligibility begins in the 2021 season, long after Tarik is gone. Why would the '21 class take a hit if it will never be on the roster while Tarik is and he's formally a member of the 2020 class?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm only saying that it is absurd. 

this all stems from ambiguity/a stupid interpretation of the NCAA rule. Especially with the increase in GTs, there’s no way they should count as a full signee, but  
You get 25 signees per class. you can back count 5 from the last class if it was under the limit. Adding a signee to the 2020 class is one less we could back count in 2021. I’m not saying it will definitely mean 1 less in 2021, because predicting class size with what’s going on right now will be impossible, just explaining what Fud was referring to. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

this all stems from ambiguity/a stupid interpretation of the NCAA rule. Especially with the increase in GTs, there’s no way they should count as a full signee, but  
You get 25 signees per class. you can back count 5 from the last class if it was under the limit. Adding a signee to the 2020 class is one less we could back count in 2021. I’m not saying it will definitely mean 1 less in 2021, because predicting class size with what’s going on right now will be impossible, just explaining what Fud was referring to. 

doesn't really matter either way cause we only took 19 guys anyway. Do we think we are grabbing 30 2021 kids?

2 hours ago, canadianhorn21 said:

Not a lot of "excellent" players left for 2020....well maybe only one left on the board.

top 2020 unsigned Texas prospects based on Composite ranking

• Zach Evans (lol) - #1 in TX
  • Lorando Johnson - #55 
  • Wilson Long (QB) - #92, committed to Princeton 
  • Tyler Bailey (C) - #93

Went in and looked at Texas 2020 offers that aren't signed, per 247 offer lists: https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2020-Football/Offers/

looks like their offers page is borked if you go past those that it shows initially it doesn't show those who signed or didn't - only guy who isn't committed looks to be Jovan Ferguson, a 3* ATH from Florida ranked #202 in the state in composite 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Also Black has 2 years of eligibility left

It would count towards the 25 man counter. So if Texas wants to sign more than 25, it has to count ships in the 2020 class. Black would take one of those spots. Not that Texas is going to sign 32 2021 guys, but that is the max number they could sign right now.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Herman mentioned in that 247 chat that they were still looking for a transfer LB and that he was actively talking to a potential transfer and his family. It's possible.

I was under the impression that Herman wants a transfer at LB that can play immediately in 2020.  If so, probably a GT or Juco...

On 4/12/2020 at 7:46 PM, Scholz said:

He told his Mom to STFU because he pays for her Cel phone and his HS coaches to fuck off when they tried to take his phone resulting in being sent home from the state title game. Guy doesn’t deserve to wear the burnt orange IMO.

On principle alone this is the correct answer.

Zach Evans’ contribution O/U is likely 12 games in his college career & that would include scrub time.

When he does sign/show up on a campus, it will only signal that he exhausted the flow of bag money resources.

He’s playing the game & it sure isn’t football.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Veerbone said:

On principle alone this is the correct answer.

Zach Evans’ contribution O/U is likely 12 games in his college career & that would include scrub time.

When he does sign/show up on a campus, it will only signal that he exhausted the flow of bag money resources.

He’s playing the game & it sure isn’t football.   

Deion said he was sorry.  He even apologized on tv.  You don't believe him?

I believe him am willing to whistle past the graveyard; especially if it leads to aggy tears.  

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Any chance it's a regular transfer?  Like Scooby Carter?

2 hours ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Herman mentioned in that 247 chat that they were still looking for a transfer LB and that he was actively talking to a potential transfer and his family. It's possible.

Unless this is some other Scooby Carter, what makes you think Herman will entertain him?

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/13/alabama-football-scooby-carter-arrested-in-domestic-dispute/

EDIT: The joke went over my head. I am used to Elmer_Fudd being serious about recruiting.

Edited by UDontKnow

17 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Deion said he was sorry.  He even apologized on tv.  You don't believe him?

I believe him am willing to whistle past the graveyard; especially if it leads to aggy tears.  

Evans at aggy would be a sign that God listens to my prayers.