Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
Nice Guy Eddie

Texas 2020 general election

8 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Creepy weird crooked eye fucker.

i can’t believe Texas has elected Dan patrick and Ken Paxton twice. Really hoping it doesn’t happen 3x. It’s definitely possible to get rid of them both.

Both of their margins of victory were <3%, and both were running against people I'd never even heard of. 

Both of their margins of victory were

Democrats actually put up a decent candidate for AG. Justin Nelson in particular, the candidate for AG, was well qualified, raised a decent amount of money, and had the good sense to tag along with Beto. He was the one Democrat I really thought might win.

Collier, the LtGov candidate was pretty passive and struggled with cash. Former PwC exec that probably would've been a Republican ten years ago. He never really took off, Patrick's just pretty unpopular for an incumbent GOP. Something like 25 percent of the GOP primary went to his opponent, who endorsed Collier immediately afterward.

6 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Democrats actually put up a decent candidate for AG. Justin Nelson in particular, the candidate for AG, was well qualified, raised a decent amount of money, and had the good sense to tag along with Beto. He was the one Democrat I really thought might win.

Collier, the LtGov candidate was pretty passive and struggled with cash. Former PwC exec that probably would've been a Republican ten years ago. He never really took off, Patrick's just pretty unpopular for an incumbent GOP. Something like 25 percent of the GOP primary went to his opponent, who endorsed Collier immediately afterward.

Patrick will never live the legislative session of 2017 down.

anyone with a brain knows he hijacked that shit for his stupid bathroom bill.

he really should be on borrowed time. I’d be shocked if Texans re-elected him in 2022.

I’d be shocked if Texans re-elected him in 2022.

Prepare to be shocked.

Although Patrick is a loon who should be thrown off a bridge, he isn’t a completely foolish politician. He knew that 2017 did a number on his reputation, even within his own party. That was the last session that republicans could do whatever they want and barely even pretend democrats exist. Patrick wasted one of their last opportunities on his weird agenda that nobody else really cared about.

In 2019 the makeup of the legislature was more democratic and he dialed it back significantly. Passing a pro public education bill was the top house priority and he didn’t have the senate screw things up even though we all know he’s against the “liberal government indoctrination camps”.

In 2021 and beyond, the legislature will continue to be more blue. It will be interesting how he reacts to his loss of power. The house will be blue sometime in the next few sessions...

If Patrick and Paxton would take Patrick's own advice and run straight into the pandemic like the beautiful warriors they are, shouldering that sacrifice for the sake of the economy then perhaps Texans could elect someone who, you know, actually cares about the majority of the people who reside here.

1 hour ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Although Patrick is a loon who should be thrown off a bridge, he isn’t a completely foolish politician. He knew that 2017 did a number on his reputation, even within his own party. That was the last session that republicans could do whatever they want and barely even pretend democrats exist. Patrick wasted one of their last opportunities on his weird agenda that nobody else really cared about.

In 2019 the makeup of the legislature was more democratic and he dialed it back significantly. Passing a pro public education bill was the top house priority and he didn’t have the senate screw things up even though we all know he’s against the “liberal government indoctrination camps”.

In 2021 and beyond, the legislature will continue to be more blue. It will be interesting how he reacts to his loss of power. The house will be blue sometime in the next few sessions...

If we don't flip the state ledge this election they will just adjust their gerrymander for another decade. 

3 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If we don't flip the state ledge this election they will just adjust their gerrymander for another decade. 

In general I agree. It will be a much tougher task as the burbs go blue though. 

Dan needs to show how much he loves Jesus by spending a couple days licking covid test swabs.

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

How many times can he appeal?

All the way to trump’s Supreme Court 

Texas Supreme Court has sided with Ken Paxton for now and blocked expansion of vote by mail. 4 of the 9 judges are up for election this year if you’d like to voice your concern.
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/05/15/texas-voting-by-mail-coronavirus-blocked-supreme-court/

Yep. Vote every one of them out. I endorse their opponent in each race. And I practice before that court for a living. It’s become hot garbage.

So old racist assholes are gonna get covid at the polls this year?  Something, something...profit.

On 5/14/2020 at 4:38 PM, Voldemort86 said:

anyone with a brain knows he hijacked that shit for his stupid bathroom bill.

And therein lies the problem.

On 5/15/2020 at 11:20 PM, Brisketexan said:

Yep. Vote every one of them out. I endorse their opponent in each race. And I practice before that court for a living. It’s become hot garbage.

Become? Where have you been for the last 20 years? 

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

giphy.gif

Yeah, tough to recruit new GOP voters with the nursing homes not allowing visitors. 

Meanwhile dotard is running the democratic voter driver with every tweet.

12 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

giphy.gif

Engage Texas was paying its canvassers 15/hr, at least here in Austin. They would approach people asking if they had a minute to discuss the Second Amendment, and if they responded favorably to their support they would then ask if you were registered to vote. There’s a couple stories out there about how when confronted by media they would scatter.

Anyone think Royce West could/should/would use this racial strife to catapult his lack of coverage in the Democratic primary to a possible win over Hegar? If I’m in his campaign I’m thinking up ways to do this, as shitty as it feels to type that out.

On 5/31/2020 at 2:35 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Anyone think Royce West could/should/would use this racial strife to catapult his lack of coverage in the Democratic primary to a possible win over Hegar? If I’m in his campaign I’m thinking up ways to do this, as shitty as it feels to type that out.

I don't see why this is neg worthy. It's not like you were advocating for it, and it's a legitimate question when it comes to discussing the impact on the election.

I don't really know anything about Royce West so I have no idea if he would do that. I could see current events really motivating black voters in what is sure to be a very low turnout runoff, which could favor West. So I guess if I were West, I wouldn't so much as call attention to myself as I would use the opportunity to simply remind my base of the opportunity to vote in the runoff.

And of course the drive by CR neg was @Johnny Sack. That explains that. Have a posrep.

13 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

This seems like rampant speculation, as I'd fully expect Bush to sit this one out. That said, fuck GWB, but this one is all hands on deck. "Be happy because it might encourage some votes and money to flow to Biden, or at least not flow to Trump," is the right answer. I think extrapolating it to the house is a stretch. Anyone who holds Bush in a positive enough light to be moved by his endorsement in 2020 is voting GOP in their local races, full stop.

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion