Texas 2020 general election

Nice Guy Eddie

44 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

Harris County is the bigger than Rhode Island and they want to have 1 drop off location...okay.

Fuck abbot pussy ass bitch

8 hour drive from Austin to New Orleans, an hour of that is just crossing Houston from west to east.  That's not very big at all, maybe they really only need a drop box that's only available 4 hours a day.  That should be able to handle the volume.  Jesus Christ.  

Just now, NameAlreadyInUse said:

8 hour drive from Austin to New Orleans, an hour of that is just crossing Houston from west to east.  That's not very big at all, maybe they really only need a drop box that's only available 4 hours a day.  That should be able to handle the volume.  Jesus Christ.  

IT's nakedly intended to disenfranchise people.  That's the only, and entire reason.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

IT's nakedly intended to disenfranchise people.  That's the only, and entire reason.

Oh yes.  What's really great fun for me is how much time I spend explaining the craziness that is our state run election codes to my immigrant husband who grew up in a country that had very well run elections and encouraged people to vote.  Of course, half the people voting were getting paid off to pick a particular candidate, but the elections were well run and they did not suppress the vote there.  

On the other hand, if I'm a Republican I'm probably working to suppress the vote too.  I know my ideas are too reprehensible to get me elected in a fair fight, so I'm going to rig the fight.  It's either that or come up with less reprehensible ideas.  But these are reprehensible people, they aren't going to consider that option.  No, it's better to rig the election instead.

• Hook 'Em 1

It is amazing how much our state is being laughed at by third-world countries all around the globe tonight.  We are nothing but comical fodder tonight and I consider the piece of shit to be a friend of mine.  I hope you Trumpers are happy, "respected around the world"  Do your children have any idea how much you are being laughed at right now?  Your children are being raised by cowards.  That's all you've accomplished as fathers.  Hope you're happy, you're a punchline.  

It is amazing how much our state is being laughed at by third-world countries all around the globe tonight.  We are nothing but comical fodder tonight and I consider the piece of shit to be a friend of mine.  I hope you Trumpers are happy, "respected around the world"  Do your children have any idea how much you are being laughed at right now?  Your children are being raised by cowards.  That's all you've accomplished as fathers.  Hope you're happy, you're a punchline.  

Of all the insane Trumpkin cognitive dissonance, the cry of “we’re respected again!” is the most baffling. The entire fucking world alternates between laughing at us and pitying us. Anyone with an ounce of self awareness is fucking embarrassed when among non-Americans. So, of course...that excludes all Trumpkins.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Probably trying to get the kooks to drop the lawsuit where he extended early voting. I have to think Abbott is under enormous pressure from the Trumpers right now. They are pissed that he required masks and shut things down again and there is almost no question in my mind that he's going to face a far-right primary challenge when he comes up for re-election.

That’s a scary proposition.

See story below:  And the Tx Dem Party is already on it - objecting.  More to come.

Call Gov's office:   512-463-1782 - to object

"So appreciated his increasing # of days to early vote.  But his newest proclamation is a real hard-ship for older voters".

https://www.kxan.com/news/us-politics/election/gov-abbott-issues-proclamation-allowing-just-one-mail-in-ballot-drop-off-location-per-county/

11 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

See story below:  And the Tx Dem Party is already on it - objecting.  More to come.

Call Gov's office:   512-463-1782 - to object

"So appreciated his increasing # of days to early vote.  But his newest proclamation is a real hard-ship for older voters".

https://www.kxan.com/news/us-politics/election/gov-abbott-issues-proclamation-allowing-just-one-mail-in-ballot-drop-off-location-per-county/

Just left a rant.  That was satisfying.

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Every Election Administrator and County Clerk in Texas has to be fuming at this fucker right now, with all this waffling crap.   And all this on top of Trump already telling the world if he loses it will be the election workers fault, because they will cheat.

Just an observation -- seen ads for two local house races (Centex) from Republican candidates.  But neither one mentioned, anywhere or at any time, that they were a Republican.  The ads were soft-toned, support for teachers, that sort of thing.  But for a mention of "supporting well-funded police for our safety," there weren't even any of the Republican dog-whistles.

Is the internal polling telling them that even mentioning that they are a member of the GOP is a liability?

Some snippets:

Relators delayed in challenging the Governor’s July 27 proclamation for more than ten weeks after it was issued. They have not sought relief first in the lower courts that would have allowed a careful, thorough consideration of their arguments regarding the Act’s scope and constitutionality. Those arguments affect not only the impending election process but also implicate the Governor’s authority under the Act for the many other actions he has taken over the past six months. Relators’ delay precludes the consideration their claims require.

Moreover, the election is already underway. The Harris County Clerk has represented to the Court that his office would accept mailed-in ballots beginning September 24. To disrupt the long-planned election procedures as relators would have us do would threaten voter confusion. The United States Supreme Court has repeatedly warned against judicial interference in an election that is imminent or ongoing.18 “[C]ourt changes of election laws close in time to the election are strongly disfavored.”19

When the record fails to show that petitioners have acted diligently to protect their rights, relief by mandamus is not available.21 The record here reflects no justification for relators’ lengthy delay. Accordingly, relators’ petition for writ of mandamus is denied.

1 -- they waited too long (and duh, they did that on purpose, because they WANTED to fuck over the process)

and

2 -- the burden to clear once voting has started is REALLY high.....so, fuck 'em.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Just an observation -- seen ads for two local house races (Centex) from Republican candidates.  But neither one mentioned, anywhere or at any time, that they were a Republican.  The ads were soft-toned, support for teachers, that sort of thing.  But for a mention of "supporting well-funded police for our safety," there weren't even any of the Republican dog-whistles.

Is the internal polling telling them that even mentioning that they are a member of the GOP is a liability?

A good bit of signs in Hays County were using “Keep <candidate name>” rather than naming party. Not new at all, just noticed more of them promoting incumbency

the Roger Williams and John Cornyn ads don’t seem to mention party and play the soft spoken “I’m here to protect women and your healthcare” and sprinkled with defund the police and rioters in others

Edited by StassneyHorn

12 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

The opinion. 

https://www.txcourts.gov/media/1449868/200739.pdf

looks like they ruled Harris county can’t send out applications to everyone.  I just read the opening paragraph  

1. They took too long to file their complaint, and

2. Since the election has already started, the US Supreme Court has stated that they shouldn't interfere once the election has already started, and it has already started in Harris County as they started accepting ballots on 9/24.

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Moreover, the election is already underway. The Harris County Clerk has represented to the Court that his office would accept mailed-in ballots beginning September 24. To disrupt the long-planned election procedures as relators would have us do would threaten voter confusion. The United States Supreme Court has repeatedly warned against judicial interference in an election that is imminent or ongoing.18 “[C]ourt changes of election laws close in time to the election are strongly disfavored.”19

This rationale would seem helpful in challenging the governor’s order on ballot drop-off locations. 

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Quick note, if someone asks if you think KKK is a terrorist group or to denounce, it takes 1 second to do it. Gina Ortiz Jones is going to jump on this.

Because it's just this simple: if you run as a Republican, you 1) can't alienate the base (so, can't pick on any white supremacists of any sort), and 2) you have to motivate the base (and nothing motivates them like blaming everything bad in this country on foreigners/minorities).  So, hands off the KKK, but keep whipping up fears about an army of Salvadorans coming to murder all the white people in the burbs.

What’s the deal with Sri Kulkarni?  

The attack ads on him feel like they are every other commercial.  But they are weird because the mention Sri attended parties out in the woods according to his Facebook so that’s why he’s dangerous. 

Just curious - is there anyone in the D slate that is so egregiously bad that I should consider voting L / 3rd party?  At this point, I refuse to vote for anyone with (R) after their name, but would also love to avoid electing any absolute loons.

Sorry in advance if this was already asked and answered.

8 hours ago, Gap03 said:

Just curious - is there anyone in the D slate that is so egregiously bad that I should consider voting L / 3rd party?  At this point, I refuse to vote for anyone with (R) after their name, but would also love to avoid electing any absolute loons.

Sorry in advance if this was already asked and answered.

Honestly, no.  There are a few I'm not crazy about.  But I'd much rather the (D) were in every office than the (R).

51 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Already starting to eat their own in preparation for 2022?

Yea this has been the worst kept secret in the state that George P is going to most likely attempt to primary him. The Alamo cenotaph fight is so ridiculous. Basically a do you want to keep it the same and look so shitty and irrelevant in that part of dt SA vs make something respectable and deserving of its renown somewhere else.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Yea this has been the worst kept secret in the state that George P is going to most likely attempt to primary him. The Alamo cenotaph fight is so ridiculous. Basically a do you want to keep it the same and look so shitty and irrelevant in that part of dt SA vs make something respectable and deserving of its renown somewhere else.

The Trumpublican Party in Texas seems to be in disarray at this point.  The fucking chairman of the party was out front of the Governor's Mansion this weekend protesting against Abbott's COVID orders.  It's completely insane.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

The Trumpublican Party in Texas seems to be in disarray at this point.  The fucking chairman of the party was out front of the Governor's Mansion this weekend protesting against Abbott's COVID orders.  It's completely insane.

Allan West doesn't want to be Texas GOP Chairman, he wants to be Governor, and he's got people egging him on.

And not surprising that Goeb recognizes that George P Bush is a threat to him.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I thought Dan Crenshaw is running for governor.

I listened to a couple of interviews with West, he's got aspirations, although he's not being totally open about them.  But he's got people around him playing him up as the next governor, and I think his little protest against Abbott was meant to send a message.

31 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

pee wee herman shh im listening to reason GIF

16 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Already starting to eat their own in preparation for 2022?

patrick has the t-party / trump crowd vote locked down. radio douche michael berry is a patrick friend and he's gone off many times on abbott and p bush. long tirades, just hammering them 

Edited by tx 3 putt