Texas Spring Football Thread

Fud

3 hours ago, ousux said:

Not knocking the cargo shorts per se, but exactly how much shit beyond wallet, keys and phone does a man need to carry around?

Wife, daughters, and grandkids all have needs. It's amazing how much crap women want to carry--but they also don't want to be seen with a big purse. I've had my phone on my belt clip and and a phone in each of the front four pockets. plus kleenex, lipstick, chapstick, etc.

3 hours ago, ousux said:

Not knocking the cargo shorts per se, but exactly how much shit beyond wallet, keys and phone does a man need to carry around?

Wife, daughters, and grandkids all have needs. It's amazing how much crap women want to carry--but they also don't want to be seen with a big purse. I've had my phone on my belt clip and and a phone in each of the front four pockets. plus kleenex, lipstick, chapstick, dog poop bags, etc.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Wife, daughters, and grandkids all have needs. It's amazing how much crap women want to carry--but they also don't want to be seen with a big purse. I've had my phone on my belt clip and and a phone in each of the front four pockets. plus kleenex, lipstick, chapstick, etc.

tmimn.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Wife, daughters, and grandkids all have needs. It's amazing how much crap women want to carry--but they also don't want to be seen with a big purse. I've had my phone on my belt clip and and a phone in each of the front four pockets. plus kleenex, lipstick, chapstick, dog poop bags, etc.

Maybe be less of a bitch and tell them to carry their own shit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

You're part of the problem. If enabling fuckers like you would man up then women wouldn't think they can get away with acting like spoiled shits who can't do anything for themselves. 

Stop being their man purse and get some respect.  

• Like 7

IT Practice Notes

By: IT Staff

After catching up with multiple sources we'll bullet point you some takeaways from today's effort.

-- We'll start with some bad news. There was a scary moment when PJ Locke got hurt. They stabilized him but are still trying to figure out the severity. He was moving all limbs. As a precaution the staff then pulled some starters in place of walk-ons.

-- If Locke is out for some time (which seems likely) Caden Sterns and BJ Foster will compete for first team status. The book on them is Sterns is really smart and Foster is really athletic. As we know, Sterns also has good athleticism and BJ is instinctive and natural.

-- Per a couple of sources, LJH, LJH, LJH! He was getting open all day and really excelled in the two minute drill. He and Sam Ehlinger are building quite the bond. Humphrey did have a couple of drops "but overall he made players miss in the open field, went up between two defenders and got the ball....just the best wide receiver hands down." Despite being suspended for the bowl game LJH is still a coach favorite because he's smart and coachable.

-- Brennan Eagles struggled with the drops today. Not sure if it was due to the cold or what but he had a tough go of it.

-- Per a couple of sources, Devin Duvernay is coming on. He had a 30-yard touchdown on Kris Boyd where Boyd lost track of the ball. People are thinking Duvernay is leaning towards staying.

-- Tight end Andrew Beck fared well today. He's moving as well as ever and also had a 30 yard touchdown. The tight ends are being targeted much more than last year which should come as no surprise.

-- Collin Johnson has been up and down but he made some tough catches over the middle of the field.

-- Davion Curtis had a productive day especially in the screen game. He had a couple of 10 yard plays on balls thrown behind the line of scrimmage. His speed showed. He was a bit hamstrung working with the freshmen quarterbacks who are still feeling the rush far too soon. He got open versus Anthony Cook, Davante Davis, and Kobe Boyce.

-- The young quarterbacks love to tuck and run the ball. When they're going live action they tend to hesitate and lose track of their reads and then just pull the ball down. It's to be expected.Casey Thompson looks especially comfortable running read option, however, and we continue to hear positives about his athleticism. Though he was known as a dual-threat perhaps he was underrated as an athlete.

-- Anthony Cook continues to impress with his effort and mindset. "He plays with a chip on his shoulder. He has a swagger about him like Kris Boyd."

-- The offense got the better of the defense during the two minute drill. The first team offense was 3/4 on getting points during that portion of practice. I'm not sure how dialed up the defensive calls were, however.

-- With Gary Johnson out, Demarco Boyd has been seeing more action and he isn't afraid to mix it up. He's laid some big hits.

-- It's possible the offensive line is improving but not necessarily showing it because of the defensive line. "Hager, Charles O. and Taquonare beasts up front. I mean they are going to wreck shop on people." Previously we mentioned Graham as coming on so it's good to hear that more from a different source.

-- We're still making calls and messages to gather more, specifically about the offensive line. We'll have more details in the Scoop.

I hope PJ Locke is OK.

12 minutes ago, In10se said:

You're part of the problem. If enabling fuckers like you would man up then women wouldn't think they can get away with acting like spoiled shits who can't do anything for themselves. 

Hits close to home. Wife is enabled lazy spoiled shit.

6 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

Now I know what you are talking about.

I never saw Collin fight for one short, or intermediate pass last season. Not one time. He had 5'9'' guys jumping over his back to knock the ball away all year. At a minimum, he needs to use his large frame to block out smaller DBs. 

Different story one jump balls in the endzone. 

• Like 3

Some players just know how to play football,  LJH is one of those guys.  
He can run the shotgun or any receiver position we want to line him up in. 
I hope Herman will take full advantage of his skills.

And hope Herman can recruit him to come back for his senior year..

I could see a breakout year and agents sniffing around this season.

23 minutes ago, ousux said:

And hope Herman can recruit him to come back for his senior year..

I could see a breakout year and agents sniffing around this season.

That's possible. 

If they use him like they  should he could be gone.  

Edited by Laga4

9 hours ago, Machinator said:

IT Practice Notes -- It's possible the offensive line is improving but not necessarily showing it because of the defensive line. "Hager, Charles O. and Taquonare beasts up front. I mean they are going to wreck shop on people." Previously we mentioned Graham as coming on so it's good to hear that more from a different source.

As good as we know the DL should be, this part gives me pause and recalls horrible memories from the 2010 spring and summer training camp where basically the same thing was said about the OL & DL back then. Hopefully we get better results this time around.

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Spring practice notes are so dumb. I'll pay more attention in the fall when we have Anderson on the OL and Ingram here. I take no stock in anything that happens in the spring.

I think spring is important to get a baseline for the team. If the defense was coming out and curb stomping the offense every day like they did last year, I would say we may be in for another long season. From the sound of it, the offense has gotten it’s share which is encouraging. The pieces we get in the fall shouldn’t dictate the season, but in the case of Oline, Anderson and Hudson will add legit help. 

Spring practice notes are so dumb. I'll pay more attention in the fall when we have Anderson on the OL and Ingram here. I take no stock in anything that happens in the spring.

Agree. It’s important for the players to get an understanding of the schemes and some repetitions to see and understand the plays, but I don’t think we can read much into how either the offense or defense as a whole are doing.

17 hours ago, In10se said:

How many kids and grandkids you got? Yeah, that's what I thought. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Got 3 kids and 5 grandkids and they all carry their own. Stuff.

kids don’t need to be looking for me for thier inhalers 

just need to look in thier pocket .

and the ONLY time I carry stuff for my wife in my pockets is when she wears that super short form fitting dress I love sooo much.

• Fuck You 2

19 hours ago, Machinator said:

IT Practice Notes

Reveal hidden contents

By: IT Staff

After catching up with multiple sources we'll bullet point you some takeaways from today's effort.

-- We'll start with some bad news. There was a scary moment when PJ Locke got hurt. They stabilized him but are still trying to figure out the severity. He was moving all limbs. As a precaution the staff then pulled some starters in place of walk-ons.

-- If Locke is out for some time (which seems likely) Caden Sterns and BJ Foster will compete for first team status. The book on them is Sterns is really smart and Foster is really athletic. As we know, Sterns also has good athleticism and BJ is instinctive and natural.

-- Per a couple of sources, LJH, LJH, LJH! He was getting open all day and really excelled in the two minute drill. He and Sam Ehlinger are building quite the bond. Humphrey did have a couple of drops "but overall he made players miss in the open field, went up between two defenders and got the ball....just the best wide receiver hands down." Despite being suspended for the bowl game LJH is still a coach favorite because he's smart and coachable.

-- Brennan Eagles struggled with the drops today. Not sure if it was due to the cold or what but he had a tough go of it.

-- Per a couple of sources, Devin Duvernay is coming on. He had a 30-yard touchdown on Kris Boyd where Boyd lost track of the ball. People are thinking Duvernay is leaning towards staying.

-- Tight end Andrew Beck fared well today. He's moving as well as ever and also had a 30 yard touchdown. The tight ends are being targeted much more than last year which should come as no surprise.

-- Collin Johnson has been up and down but he made some tough catches over the middle of the field.

-- Davion Curtis had a productive day especially in the screen game. He had a couple of 10 yard plays on balls thrown behind the line of scrimmage. His speed showed. He was a bit hamstrung working with the freshmen quarterbacks who are still feeling the rush far too soon. He got open versus Anthony Cook, Davante Davis, and Kobe Boyce.

-- The young quarterbacks love to tuck and run the ball. When they're going live action they tend to hesitate and lose track of their reads and then just pull the ball down. It's to be expected.Casey Thompson looks especially comfortable running read option, however, and we continue to hear positives about his athleticism. Though he was known as a dual-threat perhaps he was underrated as an athlete.

-- Anthony Cook continues to impress with his effort and mindset. "He plays with a chip on his shoulder. He has a swagger about him like Kris Boyd."

-- The offense got the better of the defense during the two minute drill. The first team offense was 3/4 on getting points during that portion of practice. I'm not sure how dialed up the defensive calls were, however.

-- With Gary Johnson out, Demarco Boyd has been seeing more action and he isn't afraid to mix it up. He's laid some big hits.

-- It's possible the offensive line is improving but not necessarily showing it because of the defensive line. "Hager, Charles O. and Taquonare beasts up front. I mean they are going to wreck shop on people." Previously we mentioned Graham as coming on so it's good to hear that more from a different source.

-- We're still making calls and messages to gather more, specifically about the offensive line. We'll have more details in the Scoop.

I hope PJ Locke is OK.

That was one of the worst attempts to say something positive about O-line I've ever seen. "It's totally possible that our O-line is good, despite the evidence my own eyes are feeding me, and we just can't tell because of how amazeballs our 3-man front is". Not to mention Gary Johnson isn't even practicing. 

Guess we'll just have to wait until Calvin Anderson shows up in May.

1 hour ago, TexasTroll said:

Got 3 kids and 5 grandkids and they all carry their own. Stuff.

kids don’t need to be looking for me for thier inhalers 

just need to look in thier pocket .

and the ONLY time I carry stuff for my wife in my pockets is when she wears that super short form fitting dress I love sooo much.

User name definitely checks out.

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I have 3 kids and 8 grandkids and if something is heavy or needs carrying I take care of it, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be carrying their cell phones and trivial shit around. 

If my sons asked me to carry their wallet and phone for them I'd tell them I didn't raise you to be a lazy ass and carry it yourself. Same goes for the daughter. If you dont want to pay the price of carrying it don't bring it. The only exceptions were when the grand kids were babies and the kids had to lug 30 lbs of field gear around everywhere. That situation required help. 

2 minutes ago, JohnRedHorn said:

I have 3 kids and 8 grandkids and if something is heavy or needs carrying I take care of it, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be carrying their cell phones and trivial shit around. 

If my sons asked me to carry their wallet and phone for them I'd tell them I didn't raise you to be a lazy ass and carry it yourself. Same goes for the daughter. If you dont want to pay the price of carrying it don't bring it. The only exceptions were when the grand kids were babies and the kids had to lug 30 lbs of field gear around everywhere. That situation required help. 

I'm still waiting for the guy I replied to to post up.

My wife is a minimalist, so there's not any loose junk to carry anyway, but I gotta say, seems to me carrying shit is a small price to pay for getting properly laid on a regular basis. Seems to me the candy-asses are the ones who complain about it. Jesus, how bad is your back that a spare lipstick in your pocket is going to sprain it?

7 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Stupid shit my wife says/ does thread is... uh. Fuck you Kevin Morgan

Well, hell, you are correct. This is the thread to desperately await the latest $9.95 info-trickle whilst and at the same time deriding those who desperately await the latest $9.95 info-trickle. And also Fuck you Kevin Morgan.

• Like 1