Texas Spring Football Thread

Fud

Awesome. Wilson (82) looks like a TE3 to me, not a WR.

I never understood guys wearing long sleeve shirts under their pads and rolling up their jersey. When I was playing ball in HS, we ditched even the under armour and just went shirtless under the pads. Then again, we were practicing on a damn 140 degree rubber pellet field turf. 

The Texas practice field looks the same as the stadium, it's also field turf? Must be hot as fuck.

1 hour ago, Sidney Sherman said:

Awesome. Wilson (82) looks like a TE3 to me, not a WR.

I never understood guys wearing long sleeve shirts under their pads and rolling up their jersey. When I was playing ball in HS, we ditched even the under armour and just went shirtless under the pads. Then again, we were practicing on a damn 140 degree rubber pellet field turf. 

The Texas practice field looks the same as the stadium, it's also field turf? Must be hot as fuck.

Shirtless under the pads? That skin must've had the consistency of a plucked chicken.

Underarmour basically made it's debut while I was in high school and it was a fucking Godsend. No chafing and no heavy ass cotton shirt/shimmel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

Did I read that Hager improved his vertical to like 40"?  If so, he's going to wreck shop this year. 

I dont know about Hager but I have read in 2 different places the Ominehu has improved his vertical to 37 inches....dude weighs 270....

• Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 6:50 AM, tonedeaf said:

Herman is still our corch unless I misses a memo, so we will beat USC and OU but lose to Tulsa and Kansas.  

On 4/9/2018 at 11:02 AM, Poolflood said:

If that's the case I'm going to have to buy 2 new tv's this year.

I actually broke my TV after USC last year so this hits close to home...
zNKt95.jpg

They don't hold up to a thrown bottle like they used to.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

He already said in a press conference that Beck would be calling plays in the spring game.

45 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The play calling for Spring ball will be very vanilla, so it won’t matter 

Hope the conversation went along the lines of "Alright shit head.  Make it good because this may be the last time you call plays ever."

6 minutes ago, Modessit said:

I haven't been following the thread as much as I'd like, so apologies if this has been covered in depth. Are they televising the Spring game on LHN? Are we going to have to listen to Galindo and Mack during it?

You could always listen to Craig Way on the radio no?

b4f7f325-7887-4b3d-a9aa-25425bc17196_scr

4 hours ago, Cuernavaca said:

Hager is going to kill a motherfucker this year.

“If he dies he dies”

Hager went from looking kinda lanky and undersized (for a guy playing on the line) to looking like a Marvel superhero pretty damn fast. 

54 minutes ago, Rynosauri said:

I thought I saw TH say everyone including coaches would be evaluated at spring game, wonder if there may be more playcalling to make it more of a chess match with beck vs Orlando. Although one of them will be playing checkers. 

You're right. He said everything will be evaluated during the spring, including coaches and their duties. Tom called plays in the bowl to see what his offensive staff was dealing with, and I imagine that gave him some sort of idea of what we had been doing wrong and what our identity needs to be moving forward. 

If I read more about Cargo Jorts without forearm reports, I am going to be mind boggled about all this shite.  I need meat with my potato. I need to know mor!  After all we are getting close to the big game!!!!

Just win baby!  You can wear what you want when we win!

I say we win a week from Saturday!  And we win out from there.  The gallons of burnt orange I have drunk should have made me look like Trump.  Instead I look like a desecrated desert goat.  Dry and dusty..  I want some Heradura Victory juice in my koolaid!

I want my horns back.  Just saying.

Fuck the whiners, fucking win!  NOW!  I is Surly.

10 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

Shirtless under the pads? That skin must've had the consistency of a plucked chicken.

Underarmour basically made it's debut while I was in high school and it was a fucking Godsend. No chafing and no heavy ass cotton shirt/shimmel.

Somehow the chafing and being hot was worse with the under armour, even sleeveless. Some guys on defense tried it and it spread to the whole varsity team. We even played games shirtless below the pads. Most of the speed guys were even more crazy, we all wore the underwear with the upper leg pads slots built in, only knee pads in the pants, but those guys wouldnt wear side or tail pads at all. Then they cut the pad off the thigh pad to just make the ribbed look be there, and cut the knee pads into tiny circles to appear present. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Perfection. 

Hager could always wear the skeleton war paint in pregame warm ups and then wash it off. We don't want the NCAA to Texas with a ridiculous suspension. 

Oh wait... Wheeler for a half in the Maryland game. 

I still remember that 2008 game at Tech where that OLineman or maybe DLineman came out with somewhat similar face paint. I remember thinking 'what a fucking idiot to come out looking like that... but this does not bode well'. 

11 hours ago, Lhorn said:

“If he dies he dies”

Hager went from looking kinda lanky and undersized (for a guy playing on the line) to looking like a Marvel superhero pretty damn fast. 

6 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

73d8749159871fad5ad30b70a43812ba.jpg

I think that the appropriate intro post wasn't selected for the photo post.

FIFY.

I still remember that 2008 game at Tech where that OLineman or maybe DLineman came out with somewhat similar face paint. I remember thinking 'what a fucking idiot to come out looking like that... but this does not bode well'. 
Sand aggy are always painting their faces...trying to look intimidating. Lol Ray Lewis wanna bes.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk