About those LSU 'heat' cramps free timeouts

clapclapclap

If your defense can’t survive one drive directly after the halftime break..... 

5 times on one drive means the ref should tell O he needs to burn a time out or two and try to hydrate his team as they are clearly not fit to play if not capable or 4 plays in a row. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

3 minutes ago, Greatgamehorns said:

My point is we won, and you are whining.  

If if you think you would have won a “crampless” game, you are delusional.  

Oh yeah.  And cramps took at least two of our best players out for an entire quarter.  

why did your offense never get cramps?

5 minutes ago, Greatgamehorns said:

Oh yeah.  And cramps took at least two of our best players out for an entire quarter.  

Which people said Texas lost because of the fake cramping?  Burrow played a great game.  The WRs are legit.  They deserve the win.  Your D has a bunch of trash-talking, flopping pussies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Greatgamehorns said:

It’s crazy to me that your left tackle got away with mugging Chaisson on the pass rush every single play.   But if you’d won, I’d say you won and move on.  That’s why I can’t be a Texas fan, I guess.  

Maybe our left tackle just cramped up and couldn't let go? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Greatgamehorns said:

Just like your strategy of taking our best passer rusher out by tackling him repeatedly increased yours.  

What's a "passer rusher"?  Maybe your best pass rusher repeatedly cramped and fell down on the way to the QB...we may never know.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

You won the game, and it was not because of the fake cramping.

The fake cramping was absolutely 100% fake and blatantly obvious, and was a bitch move from a program that prides its "toughness."

That better?

13 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Easy fix. New rule: if play has to be stopped because you were on the ground asking for medical attention you cannot play again in the same drive. 

That shit will stop really fast. 

Easy work around. Coach just designates the least important player to pull this. 

15 minutes ago, Llogg said:

LOL LSU got away with holding in the middle of the line on the regular last night.

This.  Unless clothes-lining is a legal move now. It was 2008 tech level obvious. I don’t recall a single hold called against LSU.

surprised this is the first mention I’ve seen of it. We got away with a couple holds,  but at least we were called for 1 or 2.

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Problem is theres 11 starters on defense so thats 11 free timeouts if they know which order to drop.

Amazing how the cramps went away the last drive or 2 when the game was almost in hand.

It was complete bullshit and they should fucking be embarrassed.   bunch a SEC pussies.  the first drive of the 2nd half they had 6 guys "cramp".  WTF. the first drive after halftime???  then magically no cramps for the next 5 drives.  they were trying to diagnose whatever adjustments Herman made.

didn't matter because Herman and Sam torched their shitass D.  fuck those guys. should be embarrassed to call themselves football players.  not one offensive player cramped up yet they had about 9 D players cramp during the second half.

If Orlando doesn't play fucking riverboat gambler on 3 and 17 we win that game. 

39 minutes ago, Greatgamehorns said:

Or maybe they really had cramps.  Your fans booed twenty year olds on the ground in pain.  Seems like that moral high ground is going to be a little elusive. 

not one fucking LSU fan around me complained about the booing...Why because they knew it was fake and most thought it was fucking embarrassing they had to resort to it because your D is full of pussies.

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Another option instead of stirring the “current drive” would be a mandatory wait period to return. 5 or 10 mins “real time” monitored by the team doctor (and reviewed/policed after the game). 

"cramp" penalty box...great idea.  you can have vaginal products in the box as well

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greatgamehorns said:

That’s because we don’t complain, and we are too polite to point out boorish behavior in our hosts.  

We also teach our children not to drop f bombs.  You must be so proud. 

no its because you are a troll and actual LSU football fans knew their D was being a bunch of bitches

1 minute ago, Greatgamehorns said:

This has been fun, but I have a life. 

Bye now.  You genuinely have a great team. Good luck for the rest of the season. Maybe we will see you later this year.  Who knows?

You just quoted yourself twice. You remind me of the LSU/aggy troll who learned how to use a message board for the first time last week.

if they were really cramping that badly and that frequently then lsu needs to fire their S&C people and whoever else is responsible for hydration and whatnot bc they suck at their job. their home is just as hot plus way more humid than austin.

maybe the players need a hydration piss chart to not be such bad teammates 🤔🙄

We've been through this before. A coupla few years back, on another planet, we had a long discussion - which I'm guessing this will also become.

My solution to this problem back then was along these lines, as follows.

New regulations (aimed - of course - at increasing player safety considerations) shall require that a player injured so badly that he cannot get up and resume play must be removed from the field immediately by training staff. He must be evaluated by NCAA physician and may not re-enter the field until cleared to play and even then not until the following period. A player found by NCAA Physicians to be "faking" an injury (e.g. cramps) shall be disqualified and removed from the field, and may not participate in the next game.  During the time a player is being attended to on the field, other players on the field must remove themselves from the injured one in a direction away from their bench, and may not be approached by any other players or by staff other than water wallahs. If removal of the injured player is not carried out immediately, or if other players are contacted by coaching staff or any other prohibited personnel, the team whose player is injured shall be charged with a time-out, or if no time-outs are available, shall be declared guilty of Unsportsmanlike Conduct (or possibly Institutional Indifference to Player Safety) and penalized fifteen yards (or half the distance to their goal line) and a first down awarded to the other team; the Head Coach of the offending team shall be declared guilty of such Unsportsmanlike Conduct and in the event of a second such occurrence shall be disqualified from further participation in the game.  A player requiring such on-field treatment a second time shall be declared "seriously injured" and disqualified from continued participation in the current game and may not participate in following games until cleared by NCAA physicians.

Bottom line, for me, is either (a) we stop this bullshit or (b) we start doing it ourselves, and do it on offense, too - that would be fairly novel, and under current rules, would give us a damn good way to got all our WRs in and out while allowing coaching during the "treatment".

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Greatgamehorns said:

That’s because we don’t complain, and we are too polite to point out boorish behavior in our hosts.  

We also teach our children not to drop f bombs.  You must be so proud. 

Ok, now you're just trolling, right?

You do know we're talking about lsu, right?  As in, Louisiana LSU?  Literally none of what you just said is applicable to that fanbase.

26 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

We've been through this before. A coupla few years back, on another planet, we had a long discussion - which I'm guessing this will also become.

My solution to this problem back then was along these lines, as follows.

New regulations (aimed - of course - at increasing player safety considerations) shall require that a player injured so badly that he cannot get up and resume play must be removed from the field immediately by training staff. He must be evaluated by NCAA physician and may not re-enter the field until cleared to play and even then not until the following period. A player found by NCAA Physicians to be "faking" an injury (e.g. cramps) shall be disqualified and removed from the field, and may not participate in the next game.  During the time a player is being attended to on the field, other players on the field must remove themselves from the injured one in a direction away from their bench, and may not be approached by any other players or by staff other than water wallahs. If removal of the injured player is not carried out immediately, or if other players are contacted by coaching staff or any other prohibited personnel, the team whose player is injured shall be charged with a time-out, or if no time-outs are available, shall be declared guilty of Unsportsmanlike Conduct (or possibly Institutional Indifference to Player Safety) and penalized fifteen yards (or half the distance to their goal line) and a first down awarded to the other team; the Head Coach of the offending team shall be declared guilty of such Unsportsmanlike Conduct and in the event of a second such occurrence shall be disqualified from further participation in the game.  A player requiring such on-field treatment a second time shall be declared "seriously injured" and disqualified from continued participation in the current game and may not participate in following games until cleared by NCAA physicians.

Bottom line, for me, is either (a) we stop this bullshit or (b) we start doing it ourselves, and do it on offense, too - that would be fairly novel, and under current rules, would give us a damn good way to got all our WRs in and out while allowing coaching during the "treatment".

I am all in on playing the game by the rules.  apparently faking injuries to benefit your team is within the rules.  Any good coach maximizes what he can do within the rules.

Cure is simple. First time down, out for the drive. Second time down you are out for 15 minutes of game time. 3rd, you are removed from the game, sent to a nearby hospital, and charged $300,000 to the team for endangering the player paid to St. Jude’s. Any player down more than 6 times in a season is removed from play for remainder of the year.

Flopping cured.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Ok, now you're just trolling, right?

You do know we're talking about lsu, right?  As in, Louisiana LSU?  Literally none of what you just said is applicable to that fanbase.

yeah, they just teach their children to drop N-bombs.   believe me I know plenty of them

11 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Cure is simple. First time down, out for the drive. Second time down you are out for 15 minutes of game time. 3rd, you are removed from the game, sent to a nearby hospital, and charged $300,000 to the team for endangering the player paid to St. Jude’s. Any player down more than 6 times in a season is removed from play for remainder of the year.

Flopping cured.

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, Greatgamehorns said:

Or maybe they really had cramps.  Your fans booed twenty year olds on the ground in pain.  Seems like that moral high ground is going to be a little elusive. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but it was only your defense cramped up but not the offense.  Seems strange.  Just so happened that the cramps happened when your defense really needing a rest.  Sure.  Just a coincidence.  

8 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Eggs Ackley. There is no benefit to taking an imaginary High Road. 

this includes flailing your arms around when you are getting held, overacting to draw PI, etc.  this all ended when the NBA went to soccer level flopping and no one stopped it.

38 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Flopping cured.

yes

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Easy work around. Coach just designates the least important player to pull this. 

If a coach wants to sub a scrub in the game just to act hurt after the play I'm attacking right at him as soon as he comes on. That would be extremely stupid for a coach to do and as the opposition I'd welcome it. 

• Like 1

From a fan of a team who plays LSU every year - it’s a coaching thing.

Auburn under Gus has done this for years.

Jimbo did it at FSU and he brought it to A&M.

LSU didn’t do it under Miles but it’s become a tactic under Orgeron.

Mullen did it when he was at MSU and I assume he’s carried it to UF.

It seems to be a thing with teams that run a tempo offense - to try and slow down the opponent’s offensive drives . These teams run offenses that depend on timing and they know what is most disruptive - stops and starts.

• Like 1