About those LSU 'heat' cramps free timeouts

clapclapclap

So... visitors arrive at the stadium and dress out... what, around five minutes before kickoff? Or more like four or five hours... and they either don't notice the A/C is off, or can't find anyone to complain to, or didn't bring enough Best Buy coupons to go grab some portable A/Cs? Maybe they were just practicing falling down and pretending to have cramps, practicing so hard that they didn't notice A/C? Maybe some dastardly UT employee not only turned the A/C off, but flipped the switch plate over so it said ON when it was OFF, and Tigahbaters couldn't figure it out? 

5 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Lots of us have admitted lsu likely beats us regardless. 

I've yet to see a single lsu fan admit your coaches and defensive players acted like little futball bitches taking intentional dives.

So who's unwilling to own the truth about Saturday?

Every time an opposing team has a player go down with this horse shit fake cramps, Herman should instruct the ENTIRE team on the field to drop and writhe around in fake agony until they get back up.  Call these fuck-wads out.  

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

So... visitors arrive at the stadium and dress out... what, around five minutes before kickoff? Or more like four or five hours... and they either don't notice the A/C is off, or can't find anyone to complain to, or didn't bring enough Best Buy coupons to go grab some portable A/Cs? Maybe they were just practicing falling down and pretending to have cramps, practicing so hard that they didn't notice A/C? Maybe some dastardly UT employee not only turned the A/C off, but flipped the switch plate over so it said ON when it was OFF, and Tigahbaters couldn't figure it out? 

And we don't find out about this until 36 hours AFTER the game ends.  Not one LSU coach, LSU student-athlete (lol), or trainer says anything on social media Saturday night or all day Sunday?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

And we don't find out about this until 36 hours AFTER the game ends.  Not one LSU coach, LSU student-athlete (lol), or trainer says anything on social media Saturday night or all day Sunday?

LSU is just classy that way. Didn't want to say anything about it, but the question was asked and they had to answer honestly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I've yet to see a single lsu fan admit your coaches and defensive players acted like little futball bitches taking intentional dives.

I’ll admit the dives seemed strategic and bitchy.  We’ve had plenty of teams do it to us and we usually just laugh it off and belittle them for not being able to hang.  We usually win the game anyway tho...

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Fuck You 5

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’ll admit the dives seems strategic and bitchy.  We’ve had plenty of teams do it to us and we usually just laugh it off and belittle them for not being able to hang.  We usually win the game anyway tho...

If Alabama is the team that does this to you, as  LSU fans are claiming, then no, you don't usually win the game.

23 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Every time an opposing team has a player go down with this horse shit fake cramps, Herman should instruct the ENTIRE team on the field to drop and writhe around in fake agony until they get back up.  Call these fuck-wads out.  

That would be a terrible look if the player was really injured.  However, unless the rules get changed, we should absolutely pull the fake injury shit next year, when LSU is marching down the field and our D is tired.  Let's see how accepting LSU fans are when our defense gets free breaks/water/coaching and LSU's momentum gets stopped 4, 5 or 6+ times in a row.

Edited by OU Sucks

5 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Yeah, I’m going to call bullshit on this one. News would have dropped much sooner if this was true. Players would have been blabbing about it after the game. 

Man, it would have hit Twitter hours before kickoff.

I'm guessing this is LSU trying to excuse away the fact that their players were dehydrated so people don't get fired.

If that's not it, then those players were told to fake injuries to slow down our offense and get a breather.

There is zero chance that the AC was out in the visitors' locker room at DKR and the entire LSU team just sat there and sweated.

Get the fuck out of here with this.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

That would be a terrible look if the player was really injured.  However, unless the rules get changed, we should absolutely pull the fake injury shit next year, when LSU is marching down the field and our D is tired.  Let's see how accepting LSU fans are when our defense gets free breaks/water/coaching and LSU's momentum gets stopped 4, 5 or 6+ times in a row.

If it's a recurring thing as it was in the game, then do it.  Obviously it's not an everyday thing - use it to call out these BS "cramps" players keep having that we all know is fake nonsense.  

Shit like this

shoe.gif?w=839&h=462

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Man, it would have hit Twitter hours before kickoff.

I'm guessing this is LSU trying to excuse away the fact that their players were dehydrated  were flopping bitches so people don't get fired.  

If that's not it, then those players were told to fake injuries to slow down our offense and get a breather.

There is zero chance that the AC was out in the visitors' locker room at DKR and the entire LSU team just sat there and sweated.

Get the fuck out of here with this.

fify.  no one is getting fired for something the coaching staff instructed them to do.

11 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

we should absolutely pull the fake injury shit next year, when LSU is marching down the field and our D is tired. 

LSU isn't going to march down the field next year, we're going to shut them out 65-0

we're going to score with three minutes to go and go for two to make it 57-0

then we're going to call timeout and throw another TD pass with eight seconds to go and go for two again 

also fuck Hugo

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 1

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

oops.

Exactly.  I want to know exactly what what Coach O said, because it's not possible for the AC to "be out".  It's only really possible to be running "slow" if there were a broken thermostat.  And "slow" generally means ~72-74 degree dry air or a lower volume of chilled air.  In a room underground surrounded by other cooled rooms it's highly dubious this would be stifling "AC out" conditions.

It far more likely he just made something up off the cuff to cover for all the flops.

47 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If this thread doesn’t scream “take the loss pussy”...

how about go fuck yourself hugo ? not saying that the delays were why we lost , just that its bush league shit that is  common place in the the sec . we lost . sucks . we move on  but discussing it doesn't make one a pussy 

• Like 2

Media might have other stuff to talk about

https://sports.yahoo.com/behind-the-scenes-with-texas-football-190915598.html

Yahoo Sports spent a week embedded with the Longhorns to examine everything that built up to this climactic moment – the playoff stakes, aura of alleged SEC superiority and a heated recruiting rivalry. And it all played out amid a frenetic backdrop with everything from mandatory team dancing and pillow fights to hundreds of messages – some threatening, racist and homophobic – sent by LSU fans to Ehlinger and the coaching staff.

Soooo.....I'm supposed to believe that Tom Herman, who coached Trey Holtz  (Skip Holtz's son),  decided that he would purposefully tell administration to turn off the A/C on Skip's team.......and Skip Holtz said absolutely nothing to Tom Herman about it.....but ran off to tattle to big bad cookie crumb face?

Maybe....just maybe.....your coach is getting called out for bush league cramping tactics and is trying to save face.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Players filed out of the locker room, grumbling that LSU required 12 trips from trainers to the field during the game, 10 of which came in the second half. That included Chaisson, winking at the Texas staff when he went down with an apparent lower-body ailment late in the second half before walking to the opposite sideline. Texas had one trip from the trainer all game, which came on the onside kick in the final minute.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Hahaha, so dumb. Yes, 15 minutes without air conditioning was super dangerous. Weird how their players were never in danger from the 4 hours on the field without air conditioning.

more specifically "defensive" players.  they are the only ones affected by no A/C and mainly for the first drive of the half while trying to diagnose our offensive adjustments.

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Players filed out of the locker room, grumbling that LSU required 12 trips from trainers to the field during the game, 10 of which came in the second half. That included Chaisson, winking at the Texas staff when he went down with an apparent lower-body ailment late in the second half before walking to the opposite sideline. Texas had one trip from the trainer all game, which came on the onside kick in the final minute.

Yep. Confirmation that it was bullshit. The A/C stupidity is just that, stupidity, and a bunch of stupid people fell for it. Good work, fellas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, White Tiger said:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_4c7ccdf0-d32d-11e9-b2cc-e3343db78599.html  

I am sure this was just an oversight on the part of UT.  

Why would it need to be an oversight?  I have no problem with a lack of AC in visitors locker rooms. I expect our guys have played in a few such stadiums too, and I doubt this the first time your team has.   Not really that big a deal.  If they’re ok to play in 100 degrees why wouldn’t they also be ok to sit in it for 15 minutes?   The AC in my house was out for a week recently while I waited on a new coil. The house was still cooler than outside.  It wasn’t comfortable but it wasn’t unsafe.  And how does AC in a locker room prevent cramps anyway? And why would it only affect the defense  It doesn’t?  That s just your fat slob of coach’s justification.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Lots of us have admitted lsu likely beats us regardless. 

So who's unwilling to own the truth about Saturday?

I said earlier in the thread that I thought DT Shelvin going down might've been fake

But you're a goddamn fool if you think the coaches were telling the best players on defense --- Grant Delpit, Rashard Lawrence (didn't return), Michael Divinity, Kristian Fulton, Glen Logan (didn't return) -- to fake an injury and leave the field for multiple plays.  Additionally, several of those guys went to the locker room to get IVs... something you obviously do if you're just faking cramps.  

• Fuck You 3

59 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Yeah, I’m going to call bullshit on this one. News would have dropped much sooner if this was true. Players would have been blabbing about it after the game. 

What's remarkable is not the hubris to try to deflect the diving reality.  It's the absolute stupidity on display in the form of zero situational awareness to make the claim that their directional little brother experienced the same thing 9 days earlier when in the modern age of intertrons not one bit or byte has been dedicated to said LaTech lack of A/C, on a hotter day, when LaTech experienced zero cramping issues, said 100% incidence of cramping specifically not affecting their defensive squad.  On a hotter day.

Sandstorm!