Below Deck

RPM

13 hours ago, Deej said:

And what a shitty bunch of charter guests this episode. So knowledgeable on food that they think butter poached lobster is raw. They would have loved Kiko's nachos. 

I don’t think they even tried it.  After one said their’s was raw they all jumped on board saying the same.  Dumbasses

13 hours ago, Updawg said:

I liked hearing sandy calling the staffing agency for another stew-
“Yes, it’s sandy again and I need another 2nd stew”

If I was her boss, that would be telling me a lot about her leadership skills.  She can not lead people.

finally caught up with this season.  i've been avoiding this thread.

malia is narc-tacular, but fuck hannah.  i've been waiting for several seasons to see her get what's coming.  my understanding was just that she didn't register the valium with the boat or whatever (btw, 3 a day seems...excessive).  sandy was with her a few seasons ago when she had a panic attack about the 23 year old she was in love with (top 5 worst hannah moment ever), so she knows about her spells.  it shouldn't shock her now.  she was fucked the minute sandy started in with the whole "you've seemed kinda checked out this season" or whatever.

i'm happy that malia and tom will be involved in their meltdown together, it will likely fuck up their relationship.  malia does seem knowledgeable, which i like.  and i assume in a real life setting, she'd be a good worker.  but for a tv show, she makes so many rookie mistakes.  the hannah departure has to sting double because bugsy will obviously take her place, and bugsy has been a good hannah foil for a while.

agreed with whomever said it looks like a long season.  the "what's coming up on below deck med" previews was like its own season.  and it looks fucking bonkers.

this is nicely filling the bachelor in paradise shaped hole i have in my life this summer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Deej said:

How convenient to just have her in port to fill in as second stew. This shit is so staged.

It seems more staged this year, first 2nd stew gets fired and magically Bugsy is available and able to get there quickly. Chef fired, Malia's boyfriend just happens to be visiting.. Hanna (who was at the end of her yachting career and shacked up with some rich dued) fired Aeysha available and able to get there quickly.

Melia and Sandy are almost unwatchable.  Dude tries to have a civil convo with her about the day and says he doesn't appreciate being called a fucker.  Melia's reaction was "Then don't be one"  Captain should have called her out right there instead of having her back.  And Sandy bitching about the laundry was pathetic.  Oh and Tom's a bitch, no wonder Melia loves him, she can control him.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Sandy bitching about the laundry was pathetic.

You know you're shorthanded, the guests are demanding... you can't put a fucking load of whites in the washer? Capt. Glenn from BD Sailing would have pitched in.

The more I watch her, the more I dislike Sandy. She likes being on camera a bit too much... but she's not a particularly good Captain. 

They need to quit following the same crews. 

Edited by RPM

Sandy was totally wrong there at the table with the crew member being called a fucker. That was bad. The more we see her the more we see she's a horrible person. And yeah, she could have easily done a few loads of laundry. I thought we'd see more of a meltdown in the kitchen. I think we still have time for that. 

Those guests were not low class, they had none. Horrible guests all season. In defense of the kitchen I do get tired of hearing the guests complain about things all the time. They are on a ship. It's not a restaurant kitchen. And it's one guy. If you want something spectacular I'd say make reservations in port. I'd want a nice breakfast and then the rest of day just snacks.

5 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Melia and Sandy are almost unwatchable.  Dude tries to have a civil convo with her about the day and says he doesn't appreciate being called a fucker.  Melia's reaction was "Then don't be one"  Captain should have called her out right there instead of having her back.  And Sandy bitching about the laundry was pathetic.  Oh and Tom's a bitch, no wonder Melia loves him, she can control him.

This. That table conversation was total horseshit. I hate both of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UTPhil2006 said:

This. That table conversation was total horseshit. I hate both of them. 

This.  Sandy is quick to admonish any male that is perceived being disrespectful but if it comes from the other direction, apparently that is fine.  Piss poor leadership.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The more I watch this season, Bugs is great at her job without creating drama, Jess is just a lazy, useless, whiner and Malia will backstab anyone to advance her career.  And Hanna should have been fired a long time ago which is indicative of Sandy’s biased female management practices.  

• Like 1

I get that's it's fun to bag on Hannah, but she had a script (which they kept failing to show) for her meds. She posted the other side of the box with the Dr's Name and script number blurred, but it was current and for her. This was all scripted Bravo reality just like Pete suddenly becoming invisible. Even she admitted she was too old for this shit, a la Sgt. Hulka. Bugs is good at her job and has a solid interior now (except tattoo bitch is full cray). New cook is struggling, but nice recovery on the dropped entrée.

I'm not bagging on Hannah for her script, I'm bagging on her for being a shitty manager of her team. Even Jess last night, after all of her bitching and being a pretty crappy employee commented on how much better it was with a chief stew who had their shit together. 

This Johnny Damon and his crew are not too much better than the last episode of miscreants. I loved the gal who got so wasted she fell and then basically slept away part of their $200,000 vacation. They could have all gathered at Damon's house and gotten shit faced for three days straight for about $600. I don't like Sandy. Her enthusiasm seems so fake and forced, like a teenage girl. The guy with Jess Tits McGee is kind of a bore as well. Either you are with this girl, or you are not.

All in all everyone is pretty unlikeable, except for Bugs and her suitor. Those two are just boring as snot.

Aesha getting excited about going off ship with the guests and Sandy snaps "You can't drink!"

WTF? Settle down. 

And Damon's food falling to the floor because she had to insert herself into the kitchen and put that stupid bowl over the food. 

Edited by Deej

9 hours ago, RPM said:

I get that's it's fun to bag on Hannah, but she had a script (which they kept failing to show) for her meds. She posted the other side of the box with the Dr's Name and script number blurred, but it was current and for her. This was all scripted Bravo reality just like Pete suddenly becoming invisible. Even she admitted she was too old for this shit, a la Sgt. Hulka. Bugs is good at her job and has a solid interior now (except tattoo bitch is full cray). New cook is struggling, but nice recovery on the dropped entrée.

Pretty sure she was supposed to declare the drugs she was bringing on the boat, even if she had the prescription ... but she never did,

8 hours ago, wood said:

Pretty sure she was supposed to declare the drugs she was bringing on the boat, even if she had the prescription ... but she never did,

This.  And she knew the rules.  However, I think it is ironic how smashed some of the employees get off shore then come back to the yacht for only a few hours of sleep before starting in work morning mostly likely still drunk but that’s OK.

Damon is pretty pathetic.  I would never want to be seen in public in that form........as an adult.  But it seems the guest get worse every season.  Hey let's get a yacht at half price and see how drunk and how big of assholes we can be on tv.  Sounds like a great idea.

My enthusiasm level has dropped big time since Malia revealed how big of a control freak cunt she is. Good to see Aisha back. Not sure if this crew is loose enough to handle her. She'll drop a shocker on you just to get a reaction. This will probably start some unintended shit.

6 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Damon is pretty pathetic.  I would never want to be seen in public in that form........as an adult.  But it seems the guest get worse every season.  Hey let's get a yacht at half price and see how drunk and how big of assholes we can be on tv.  Sounds like a great idea.

He was perfect for Boston. 

• Hook 'Em 1