The 2018 New Music Thread

C-Man

latest okkervil river is promising on first listen. 
new steve malkmus and the jicks has some great songs.

I did not like the new okkervil at all on the first listen but it has really grown on me. Trying to figure out who / what it reminds me of. 80s English alt rock? Early 70s laurel canyon?
  • Like 1

LOVING the new Courtney Barnett album.  Is it me or does "I'm Not Your Mother, I'm not Your Bitch" sound exactly like a Nirvana song?  (Not in a ripoff way, but in a good way)
Need to check our Parquet Courts.  Loved their last album.

It absolutely does!

Sunday Roast is fantastic too.

I saw “I’m Not Your Mother, I’m Not Your Bitch” live on the first show of the current tour at Fortress Fest (along with Sunday Roast, Nameless Faceless, City Looks Pretty, and maybe Need A Little Time), and it absolutely rips live.
  • Like 1

My son's band just put out their first three songs on Apple Music and Spotify. The band is called Parker Clone and the EP is Music for Other People. They will be seniors next year at McCallum High. Give it a listen if you have a few minutes. I am really digging the sound and very proud of my kid and his buddies. http://parkerclone.coma2887753890_10.jpg

On 5/31/2018 at 11:02 PM, Anton Chigurh said:

New FJM out tomorrow. It’s getting great reviews so far.

I also ordered the purple loser edition vinyl because I am a loser.

I am a fan of all things FJM, but haven't found my way into this one yet.  Need to keep trying.

Gotta rep my indie gateway band, Death Cab new album in mid-August. Love this song and the lyrics are simple yet powerful like many of their best tracks from the past...

I dig me some Death Cab and I have tix to see them later this year, but this song isn’t doing much for me.

My son's band just put out their first three songs on Apple Music and Spotify. The band is called Parker Clone and the EP is Music for Other People. They will be seniors next year at McCallum High. Give it a listen if you have a few minutes. I am really digging the sound and very proud of my kid and his buddies. http://parkerclone.coma2887753890_10.jpg

Not bad, kinda Radiohead meets Pixies
  • Like 1