Jump to content
HiggyBaby

Silicon Valley Season 6

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

 

that scene was very funny. so was what's her name eating an artichoke lulz 

Yeah that artichoke shot was pretty damn funny. The biological parents scene was pretty funny too. "those aren't my doll gloves" was a little funny. Overall, I think this season is a lot better than last season but last season was really bad.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

that scene was very funny. so was what's her name eating an artichoke lulz 

gwart.  funny name. 

 

the biological parents scene was sad as hell.  you people are twisted. 

Edited by futureman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, futureman said:

the biological parents scene was sad as hell.  you people are twisted. 

this.  seriously.  wtf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love dark comedy as much as anyone, but that scene was really hard to watch.  I know there were funny layers to it but I couldn't laugh, it was sad as hell.  

I can prove it wasn't funny, nobody here will go back and rewatch it even if they think they laughed the first time. 

I did think dark/alpha Jared was gonna emerge on the front porch and bitch them out and say some funny shit, but they just ditched him to head to Olive Garden. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the Jared biological parents scene seemed to veer a little too much into the darkness. It was just purely sad.

I have somewhat enjoyed the first few episodes of this season, though.

I don't know what it is but I just LOVE the old gray-haired ponytail guy from the data center.  That's just one of those characters that Mike Judge nails perfectly... from his mannerisms to his "old IT guy uniform" of the tucked-in t-shirt, jeans and New Balance sneakers.  The bit with him and Gilfoyle becoming friends was just really funny to me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah the Jared biological parents scene seemed to veer a little too much into the darkness. It was just purely sad.

I have somewhat enjoyed the first few episodes of this season, though.

I don't know what it is but I just LOVE the old gray-haired ponytail guy from the data center.  That's just one of those characters that Mike Judge nails perfectly... from his mannerisms to his "old IT guy uniform" of the tucked-in t-shirt, jeans and New Balance sneakers.  The bit with him and Gilfoyle becoming friends was just really funny to me.

 

It was funny to see that guy again.  You could see the gag coming when he started showing phones off one by one.   But as you said-it’s one of those one dimensional characters that Judge just nails poetically.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It was funny to see that guy again.  You could see the gag coming when he started showing phones off one by one.   But as you said-it’s one of those one dimensional characters that Judge just nails poetically.  

Yeah - another detail that's just perfect is his employee badge with the 20-year-old photo.  I see that SO much, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Data center guy callback was pretty good too. Gilfoyle hesitating over the friend request was chuckle worthy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it was also funny when they brought back the guy from the data center.  that was pretty good.  really enjoyed when gilfoyle wasn’t sure if he should accept the friend request.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then he showed him another Hooli phone like when he showed them another Hooli server.  It was funny, that part.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it was awful.  why do they keep on bringing in new characters for an ep. or 2 that contribute nothing?  use jin yang more if you need someone outside the core group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they should’ve done something with evil AI.  episode one had me hoping.  but this show just fucking sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, futureman said:

they should’ve done something with evil AI.  episode one had me hoping.  but this show just fucking sucks. 

skynet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this show.  If you hate it that much, just turn the shit off.  It's a GD show that I watch to pass the time and get some laughs.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

I love this show.  If you hate it that much, just turn the shit off.  It's a GD show that I watch to pass the time and get some laughs.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

yeah, I like it too even when it’s not that good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Dr. Bania

this is it, doctor...this is the shot!  

 

 

I love that the tequila is called tres Comas.  Could be the 3 commas in a billion, could be how many comatose hospital visits you'll end up in, and the logo literally looks like 999 which is how many milions Russ now has since he lost a bunch of cash and drives a car with the wrong kinda doors.    Who  the fuck knows, 'cause it's Russfest! 

You YETI disciples are gonna be pissed when you find out that Russ, who is basically who you want to be in real life, doesn't allow coolers at RussFest.  

Edited by Lobo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The show has been shit for the past few seasons, but Russ cracks me up.

 

You see the chick in the Racist car? I banged her in the Famine truck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russ was a bright spot in a dull season. Fortunately, there's only 2 episodes left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say i do like that there is more Monica this season, but i'd be better if she did all her scenes naked. 

Edited by qwertyu1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would actually go to RussFest.  That playlist is all me.

But I would definitely take a cooler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, retsevlys said:

Holy shit at that playlist!  I forgot about most of those songs.

How You Remind Me back to back further down in that playlist.  Nice touch.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take issue with classic Alice In Chains, Van Halen, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine songs being included on that playlist.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how all of the songs are adrenaline rock songs, then the final one in the list is the wussiest Aerosmith song of all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Richard being Bitchard in both Jian-Yang and Monica's phone got a laugh.  Was hoping and fearing that they'd have a middle out scene when Richard was locked up in the bathroom.  At this point we're so close to the finish line, it's a shitty show but just give me some laughs and some kind of a decent ending and let me enjoy it in hindsight.  The office became terrible too towards the end, still love that show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Monica have a no-nudity clause or some bullshit in her contract so she can land another role in her long line of who-gives-a-shit movies/series?  What is she holding out for...an Emmy?  Show us your butt and quit pretending like you're onto something prolific.  You're like this generation's Mena Suvari...ditching the funny male-centric show because you think you're moving onto something bold and tectonic.  You're not.  You're a sweetheart with a killer butt and the acting range of Tara Reid off coke.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Does Monica have a no-nudity clause or some bullshit in her contract so she can land another role in her long line of who-gives-a-shit movies/series?  What is she holding out for...an Emmy?  Show us your butt and quit pretending like you're onto something prolific.  You're like this generation's Mena Suvari...ditching the funny male-centric show because you think you're moving onto something bold and tectonic.  You're not.  You're a sweetheart with a killer butt and the acting range of Tara Reid off coke.  

Who is she gonna get nekkid with? Jared is the only possibility. 

source.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lobo said:

You're like this generation's Mena Suvari...ditching the funny male-centric show because you think you're moving onto something bold and tectonic.  

mena suvari’s ass is amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

There has to be a payoff to Dinesh fucking with Son of Anton

I assume at this point they either cash out big or it all comes crumbling down and the 5 of them are sitting in the empty building together talking about their next project when it ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean a comedic payoff - the AI starts putting gold chains on stuff, or... some more plausible and funny thing that relates to Dinesh where the AI behaves in a way that it wouldn't if it was just Gilfoyle's code

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Correction Monica, not Lori. 

laurie is one of the worst tv characters in the history of recorded media.  her final scene, was she doing an accent?  wtf was that?

otherwise, halfway decent episode that was basically mad men in the context of the past couple seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on guys, this episode was hilarious. I lol'ed at "You never kiss me" and "we coulda run this town but you brew it, mister" jin yang to monica.

Edited by Rougarou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...