Florida >> armed robbery >> UPS truck jacking >> fatal shooting

Goo Punch

not sure they called in enough backup though. seems like two perps would require more than the 150 police cars they had in pursuit. probably could have avoided the civilian casualties if they called in 200 cars instead. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/12/05/us/florida-ups-truck-police-chase/index.html

Edited by Goo Punch

I was once asked what would the Cannonball Run look like if it only took place over a few miles of highway in the deep South, instead of sports cars and disguises---the strategic vehicles of choice were a delivery truck and 150 cop cars, and the goal wasn't to win the Shiek's money but rather a chance to randomly open fire and kill civilians.   

Yep, fucking Florida.  Take the nation's armpit state and then her finest law enforcement officials and you literally have the most dangerous race to see how many innocent people can be injured during the obnoxious chase, and then start blasting your weapon.  

At least a handful of cops in the video are seen not joining the pursuit, but rather blocking off turn arounds to avoid senseless accidents.  That's about smart these folks are.  From the initial report, didn't even occur to them to radio ahead and ask officers south of the chase to begin pursuit from the South.  Nope everybody just following behind them running over anything in their path, probably with one hand on the wheel, other hand on their weapon, and recording themselves using their personal phones 'cause I sure as shit know later today it'll be announced that 150 dash and body cams inconveniently were all in the midst of a software update during this chase.    

Florida may be America's 27th state, but she'll always be our 24th chromosome.

Edited by Lobo

The shootout is just insane, pure insanity to me. Even if you were fired on first, even if you didn't know about a hostage in the truck, you're literally firing where there's multiple civilians in cars during rush hour on a busy street. It's like every single one of them watched Heat the night before and wanted to recreate the shootout scene.

I have no doubt the bullets that killed the UPS guy and the civilian came from the police.

There was a motorcycle chase in Houston last night.  The cops let him go (or more likely couldn't keep up with him) but kept the helicopter on him.  He wound up parking at a hotel in Kingwood and was arrested about an hour later.  Nobody died.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

I have no doubt the bullets that killed the UPS guy and the civilian came from the police.

There was a motorcycle chase in Houston last night.  The cops let him go (or more likely couldn't keep up with him) but kept the helicopter on him.  He wound up parking at a hotel in Kingwood and was arrested about an hour later.  Nobody died.

Well that's gonna piss off Art. He hates when nobody dies

• Like 1

Watching the rounds hit the UPS truck there were a number of high flier shots towards the roofline midway back. That is some poor marksmanship.

One of the other videos I saw has a high number of ricochets off the pavement as rounds are skipping wildly across the pavement. Pure nuts insanity. Just nuts.

Using citizens and their cars as cover is just insane.

Their first priority should have been the hostage. Man, that is so fucked up that this is where we are today, they just unloaded on the van in rush hour traffic. 

They know glass and sheetmetal dont stop bullets? Wild ass cowboys need to be strip of their badges and rights to own a gun, at the least.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Watching that made my blood boil. Literally causing a war scene for some jewelry and a UPS truck. They should all fry.

I would be absolutely fine with each and every one of them being strapped in the electric chair and cooked until there's nothing but ash left.

Wouldn't bat an eye.

If you have to drive 100 miles in the wrong direction at 100 miles per hour, alongside 100 other cop cars, in order to fire 100 rounds into a group of civilians "just to make it home at night"...maybe consider just going the other way.  No wonder your spouses and children live in fear of you.  What the fuck is wrong with you guys?  

What were the branches involved?  Which city PD's ?? State?  et. al?  

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

If you have to drive 100 miles in the wrong direction at 100 miles per hour, alongside 100 other cop cars, in order to fire 100 rounds into a group of civilians "just to make it home at night"...maybe consider just going the other way.  No wonder your spouses and children live in fear of you.  What the fuck is wrong with you guys?  

What were the branches involved?  Which city PD's ?? State?  et. al?  

I'm sure there was a Constable in there somewhere. Gotta get your name on that felony report.

We had one a few years ago that wrecked out trying to join a pursuit 40 miles away and out of his jurisdiction.

Edited by RPM