Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I actually genuinely believe this. He would be closer to his family, playing for the team he’s wanted to play for. And although at times i think it’s a locker room full of mentally weak guys, I do think they like each other. I feel like we rarely hear about practice fights and things of that nature. But I kinda wish we did. I want guys on defense that are ready to throw hands when they aren’t on the field lol.

Earl threw hands at a guy in his own position group...LOLz.  It wasn't like some WR or TE cheap shotted him on a drag route...

Edited by slorch

47 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Deep down, i still feel like Williams should be our swing tackle and future RT (if we decided to life Collins to the left side). I think he’s out of position.

MOVE. JFC I do this way too often lol. If you couldn’t tell, I never proofread my shit and auto correct gets me more than anyone on this board. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

And we took Taco ahead of this guy ... sigh.

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals are making two-time Pro Bowl selection Budda Baker the highest-paid safety in NFL history by giving him a four-year extension worth $59 million, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. Baker was Arizona's second-round pick in 2017, and his rookie contract was set to expire after this season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29737696/sources-cardinals-making-budda-baker-highest-paid-safety-nfl-history

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

McCarthy is Parcells at least for awhile. 

I think Jerry tries his best to stay out of the way of anyone he actually respects (so not the Dave campos and chan gaileys of the world). He respects McCarthy, for now. Who knows how long that lasts, but I think for now he’s absolutely letting McCarthy take the wheel on these decisions. I feel like we kinda have evidence of that based on this offseason. 

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Most people had budda baker mid 2nd round and they took him with the first pick of the 2nd round. They kinda took a chance and it worked out. We rarely hit on those situations. 

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

wasn't he just league average at C before? 

Maybe even slightly below average in a vacuum, but i think the continuity on the offensive line is the most important thing. I need Zack Martin and whatever Conner plays guard to know exactly what to expect from the center. That’s why it was always going to be Looney. Maybe the Wisconsin kid earns the spot next year. 

David Helman is back on his bullshit:

I don’t blame him necessarily. He’s watching practice everyday and he isn’t a scout or anything so he’s just giving his opinion. But you’d think he’d learn to stop setting expectations so high for players that have never actually proven it in an NFL field. 

7 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I thought the ginger one was their buddy? I saw him clap multiple times as they approached the sidelines. 

My interpretation is that he was their buddy in the sense that he didn't raise his voice or issue any real discipline. It also sounds like players expressed their views on improving game planning and ginger probably said "interesting I'll think about it" while implementing the same boring predictable shit that leads him to 8-8 on average. I don't know what the ceiling is under McCarthy, but I'm really confident it's higher than under ginger.

9 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I thought the ginger one was their buddy? I saw him clap multiple times as they approached the sidelines. 

The idea was we were supposed to be going from a “players coach” to one that’s a little more of a hard ass. But I’m sure McCarthy was probably like “wait what? Y’all used to do this? That seems...dumb”