OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

9 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I think it needs to be said here: fuck ou!

There’s So many crybaby shorthorn fans over here. Texass sucks bitches. Enjoy another shitty season and winning another meaningless bowl game! Hahaha! Lincoln Riley is Herman’s daddy!

• Fuck You 45

4 minutes ago, Texass said:

There’s So many crybaby shorthorn fans over here. Texass sucks bitches. Enjoy another shitty season and winning another meaningless bowl game! Hahaha! Lincoln Riley is Herman’s daddy!

Fair warning: Appreciate you dropping by, but if you'll look around a bit, this is not a board full of homerisms. We actually discuss football and recruiting here. There are some decent chokelahoma posters that engage with this in mind, and I sincerely hope your next post takes this into consideration. Otherwise we'll absolutely neg bomb you the fuck outta here, land thief. 

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Texass said:

Don't you have some meth you should be smoking?

20 minutes ago, Texass said:

I realize it must be tough to come up with insults with a sub-80 IQ, but you should ask someone for help. You really suck at it.

I would say something about fucking your mother, but we both know she's too ugly for that and everyone else has fucked her already anyway.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Fair warning: Appreciate you dropping by, but if you'll look around a bit, this is not a board full of homerisms. We actually discuss football and recruiting here. There are some decent chokelahoma posters that engage with this in mind, and I sincerely hope your next post takes this into consideration. Otherwise we'll absolutely neg bomb you the fuck outta here, land thief. 

Way too many sentences for this guy to comprehend.

29 minutes ago, Texass said:

This my problem with OU fans. Tom Herman is 9 years older than Riley. Explain to me how Riley could be his father.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Texass said:

26 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Please disregard Ricky's one-hitter's post.  He approached you with civility and levelheadedness that is not representative of us here on Surly, nor deserved by someone with as stupid of a username as Texass.  I believe I speak for all of Surly when I say, go fuck yourself, cockgobbler!

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Texass said:

Right out of the gate with a conjugation failure of perhaps the most common verb in the English language followed by an inexplicably capitalized "So". Impressive. Truly fucking impressive. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Right out of the gate with a conjugation failure of perhaps the most common verb in the English language followed by an inexplicably capitalized "So". Impressive. Truly fucking impressive. 

He didn't attend OU to play school.  Also, he may not have attended OU or any college at all.  

Bishop is such a total aqs1piece of shit. Texas fans didn't fucking cheer for Bradford being injured. Go back and watch the moment. OU had just taken a TON of momentum with the sack/fumble and had fucking 1st down at the 50 after Texas was marching down the field. On first down, literally the next snap - the OU fans are still going bananas, Bradford takes the snap and instead of throwing it away as he sees Williams coming unblocked in on him, he tries to evade and goes down. 

Hey Bishop, you stupid fuckface crybag, you want to be mad at someone over that event? It's Bob Stoops carrying on his long-standing tradition of getting injured guys to play. Bradford had NO business being in that game and the hit that did him in was the lightest of what he was going to face. 

link to the game - right at the McCoy sack fumble so that you get a sense of the fan reaction and the scope of the situation. 

https://youtu.be/J5CbZUM_MKw?t=727

Fuck OU. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Bishop is such a total aqs1piece of shit. Texas fans didn't fucking cheer for Bradford being injured. Go back and watch the moment. OU had just taken a TON of momentum with the sack/fumble and had fucking 1st down at the 50 after Texas was marching down the field. On first down, literally the next snap - the OU fans are still going bananas, Bradford takes the snap and instead of throwing it away as he sees Williams coming unblocked in on him, he tries to evade and goes down. 

Hey Bishop, you stupid fuckface crybag, you want to be mad at someone over that event? It's Bob Stoops carrying on his long-standing tradition of getting injured guys to play. Bradford had NO business being in that game and the hit that did him in was the lightest of what he was going to face. 

link to the game - right at the McCoy sack fumble so that you get a sense of the fan reaction and the scope of the situation. 

Fuck OU. 

I cheer for injuries. I’m sure when Bradford went down I was thrilled. But in my defense 1) Fuck OU and 2) I was hoping the hit knocked his eye straight. That young man deserved to be relieved of that societal stigma. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Fuck OU. 

A clinical vivisection through a combination of incontrovertible facts and unbridled hatred for OU.  

Bravo!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah.  You can’t be LR and be the savant coach when it comes to handling covid (many in the media have acted like that’s him) then throw your hands up when bullshit like this happens.  As if he couldn’t send a simple ‘let’s hold off’ and get it done.  I’m a fan but I’m also a realist.  I’ve also given him credit for handling things well so far, so this clearly needs to be called out.  
Do I think it was some crazy party with $1000’s going to recruits?  No.  Do I think it’s stupid to try to play both sides of the Covid shit like LR did?  Yeah.  

The Williams family has been very strategic in building his brand. He's got a Sports Illustrated blog and is trying to emphasize his skills as a leader. I view this meeting as an extension of this project. 

The law of inertia would predict that OU would say nothing and let the Williams family get credit for a successful weekend (which also equals success for OU) or blame (no direct liability for OU). If the Sooners try to prevent the meeting, they risk alienating the Williams family, eliminating the opportunity for two coveted offensive players to make their sole trip to campus, and stop Wheaton from coming back to campus.

This is probably also the best time to have the meeting. Since the event is for HS kids, doing it in the summer makes the most sense if you want to get a lot of them together. If Caleb's family has Federal jobs, this is also a good time for the parents to be away. With current national and state policies, risk from virus is more likely to worsen rather than improve prior to Dec signing day so saying "let's hold off" really isn't an honest.

8 minutes ago, quigley said:

The Williams family has been very strategic in building his brand. He's got a Sports Illustrated blog and is trying to emphasize his skills as a leader. I view this meeting as an extension of this project. 

God those kinds of families are gross. Any sport, any team, I hate that shit until they at least hit college. Let kids be kids as much as you can between practices.

Most of the time you end up with entitled brats like Tate Martell who can't handle anything other than being a star football player because it's the only thing they were built to be and the only environment they were in, even though high school phenoms don't pan out a huge percentage of the time.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, quigley said:

The law of inertia would predict that OU would say nothing and let the Williams family get credit for a successful weekend (which also equals success for OU) or blame (no direct liability for OU). If the Sooners try to prevent the meeting, they risk alienating the Williams family, eliminating the opportunity for two coveted offensive players to make their sole trip to campus, and stop Wheaton from coming back to campus.

This is probably also the best time to have the meeting. Since the event is for HS kids, doing it in the summer makes the most sense if you want to get a lot of them together. If Caleb's family has Federal jobs, this is also a good time for the parents to be away. With current national and state policies, risk from virus is more likely to worsen rather than improve prior to Dec signing day so saying "let's hold off" really isn't an honest.

Unless Williams and co have the emotional maturity of six year olds, I'm really not seeing how LR saying "hey, we really appreciate the work you put into this, but we're not comfortable with a caravan of recruits coming into Norman given the current environment" would be especially damaging to their relationship.

Also, your post is assuming that the coaching staff had no direct involvement in the visit...I mean, come on.

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

God those kinds of families are gross. Any sport, any team, I hate that shit until they at least hit college. Let kids be kids as much as you can between practices.

Most of the time you end up with entitled brats like Tate Martell who can't handle anything other than being a star football player because it's the only thing they were built to be and the only environment they were in, even though high school phenoms don't pan out a huge percentage of the time.

Better gird your loins. There’s going to be a lot of that kind looking to Austin for the NLI stuff. Herman seems to have a good grasp on “our kind of guys” character fits but it will be tested at times I’m sure. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Unless Williams and co have the emotional maturity of six year olds, I'm really not seeing how LR saying "hey, we really appreciate the work you put into this, but we're not comfortable with a caravan of recruits coming into Norman given the current environment" would be especially damaging to their relationship.

Also, your post is assuming that the coaching staff had no direct involvement in the visit...I mean, come on.

It's OU, man. Come on. Did you not just see Texass' delightful contribution to this board?

Edited by texifornia

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Better gird your loins. There’s going to be a lot of that kind looking to Austin for the NLI stuff. Herman seems to have a good grasp on “our kind of guys” character fits but it will be tested at times I’m sure. 

You can relax your girded loins. Herman and helicopter dads go together like... well, they just don’t. At all. Those type of dads/parents don’t like brutal honesty. We’ve seen it play out across every single class he’s had here at Texas.
Diametrically opposed foes. 

19 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

If one of the kids get sick in the next few weeks and OU did contribute to the planning, the Sooners would also be potentially liable.

Edited by quigley

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

You can relax your girded loins. Herman and helicopter dads go together like... well, they just don’t. At all. Those type of dads/parents don’t like brutal honesty. We’ve seen it play out across every single class he’s had here at Texas.
Diametrically opposed foes. 

Yeah. But there wasn’t hundreds of thousands of dollars on the line for potential 5 star talents before. And it’s not like Herman wouldn’t have accepted the Brocks and their piece of shit amoral POS father. Those guys just chose ‘bama. If they thought there was an extra few hundy a year at stake, they might have chosen Texas. I agree with your premise but circumstances are changing. 

*And by the way, it was Tex’s loins. Or puckered butthole, if you will. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

In general, it also doesn't work.

More than Martell even, I think this dude is exhibit 1 for why to let kids internal motivation be their guide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Marinovich

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If they thought there was an extra few hundy a year at stake, they might have chosen Texas. I agree with your premise but circumstances are changing. 

I do agree with you to an extent and the NIL stuff will change the landscape a lot but Herman (and Yancey) simply sets those parents teeth on edge. Walker Little, Elijah Higgins, Levi Jones, Brock Wright, NaNa Osafo-Mensah — even with the NIL variances none of those kids end up at Texas under Herman. Kids like Caleb Williams, Tate Martell, and Spencer Rattler are non-starters.

It’s not the brand and it’s not the big personalities (see Sterns, Jamison, Coburn, etc) it’s the coddling/entitlement and those people HATE Herman and the feeling appears mutual and since he was unwilling to play the game for fucking Fenves, I’m pretty sure he’d tell Parent X to EABOD. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, quigley said:

The Williams family has been very strategic in building his brand. He's got a Sports Illustrated blog and is trying to emphasize his skills as a leader. I view this meeting as an extension of this project.   The law of inertia would predict that OU would say nothing and let the Williams family get credit for a successful weekend (which also equals success for OU) or blame (no direct liability for OU). If the Sooners try to prevent the meeting, they risk alienating the Williams family, eliminating the opportunity for two coveted offensive players to make their sole trip to campus, and stop Wheaton from coming back to campus.  This is probably also the best time to have the meeting. Since the event is for HS kids, doing it in the summer makes the most sense if you want to get a lot of them together. If Caleb's family has Federal jobs, this is also a good time for the parents to be away. With current national and state policies, risk from virus is more likely to worsen rather than improve prior to Dec signing day so saying "let's hold off" really isn't an honest.

AngelicSneakyDesertpupfish-max-1mb.gif

2 hours ago, quigley said:

If one of the kids get sick in the next few weeks and OU did contribute to the planning, the Sooners would also be potentially liable.

Yeah but I would be shocked if any of the players actually took legal action against the university if that happened. Like, talk about ruining a relationship.

1 hour ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Yeah but I would be shocked if any of the players actually took legal action against the university if that happened. Like, talk about ruining a relationship.

Depends on the relationship.  If it requires a bag of cash to meet, then the attraction and subsequent relationship is based on money--like a stripper.  Think a stripper wouldn't sell out if the money situation changed or threatened to change?  Or they'd also take the better offer, which is the problem aggy is having.  None of their mercenaries do it for the love of being an aggy which makes them whores.