Jump to content
Hiphopopotamos

Mike Leach to the SEC (Mississippi St)

Recommended Posts

On 1/23/2020 at 8:42 PM, Jkwellborn said:


He was starting to get better recruits when he was fired from Tech. At least in my mind. I can’t remember that far back and didn’t keep up with it then.

that is really not true his recruiting really dropped off the next to last couple of years he was at Tech and then got back to his "average" the last year he was there

that is something Tech fans really like to forget about for what took place after mike was gone...the new coach was working with a lot of shitty recruiting magnified by injuries

this is how 12X4 has the Tech recruiting and the WSU recruiting for mikes years at those places....season, total rank, conference rank, number of 4****

2000 44 7 (did not have star rankings for Tech)

2001 51 6 (did not have star rankings for Tech)

2002 34 7 2

2003 71 12  2

2004 39 8 3

2005 38 6 1

2006 28 5 1

2007 42 8 0

2008 75 12 0

2009 39 7 4

 

2012 58 12 0

2013 50 10 1

2014 53 8 0

2015 42 8 1

2016 56 10 0

2017 44 9 1

2018 46 9 2

2019 66 12 0

so really at Tech his best years were the middle years and then it got pretty shitty for the final 2 of the last 3 and the last year was just OK compared to his best years...sure he had some 4 star recruits his last year, but overall the team ranking was in line with about the lower end of his other better years mid career at Tech

one can see a similar pattern at WSU also.....coming off his best season in 2018 he had his worst recruiting class of the entire time there so hardly a way to build momentum and sustain success long term

really his recruiting patters imitate his wins and losses to a degree......very average and up and down and along with that for some odd reason they often are a bit opposite of what happened on the field....better recruiting after worse seasons and worse recruiting after better seasons

most likely related to always job shopping and related to talking about pirates and catching fish and shooting bears after good seasons and then having to scramble to recruit again after shittier seasons and people wondering how did you lose to a D1-AA team again or to some other shit team you should have throttled to really close out the season on a high note

Edited by ButtFumble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, B00M said:

12th ranked recruited class in the 10 team B12? No wonder they suck

The top section (2000-2009) are Leach at Tech.  The bottom section is Leach at WSU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, msudawg said:

Yep super excited. Now if we can go get a transfer WR we will be in great shape. Having a QB like that come in can get Mike's offense going a lot faster. Hate he won't be here till the summer.. but it is what it is. 

Leech is already reaching deep into Texas, an area we haven't usually pulled many from. And gotta say, I don't know the details of Jason Washington with y'all but seems he is a heck of a recruiter. That was our last position to fill. 

 

 

On Washington, he had a killer 2018 recruiting class, but then missed on most of his top targets in 2019 and 2020 (even before the season went south). I have no clue as to whether he’s a good coach because of Orlando’s fuckery, but our CBS have not looked well-coached the last two years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2020 at 6:06 AM, Cajun said:

And so do many others, apparently.

Listen to this man...he speaks great truth...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, You don't know me said:

The top section (2000-2009) are Leach at Tech.  The bottom section is Leach at WSU.

Now, you don't know me, but I think that makes a lot of sense in context..! 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The guy is a coward, but his fans will keep hyping him up.
I've seen Leach called a lot of things, most of them at least arguably fair, but this one is confusing. In what ways is Leach a coward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
2 hours ago, naija said:
The guy is a coward, but his fans will keep hyping him up.

I've seen Leach called a lot of things, most of them at least arguably fair, but this one is confusing. In what ways is Leach a coward?

Insane? Probably.

Unorthodox? Unquestionably.

But coward? Wha....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
3 hours ago, naija said:
The guy is a coward, but his fans will keep hyping him up.

I've seen Leach called a lot of things, most of them at least arguably fair, but this one is confusing. In what ways is Leach a coward?

 

45 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Insane? Probably.

Unorthodox? Unquestionably.

But coward? Wha....?

If y'all had any understanding of football and life its own self, you'd know what he meant. The fact that you don't understand what he meant is proof that you know anything about football or life. Ipso and defacto. Sin no moar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

... I found out his politics he's dead to me.

You bring the stench of CR, which is both deadly and deathly. Your genuflection to any politician is a sign of your ignoble and ignorable opinions being worthless in any forum. Fie, sir. Fie.

 

EDIT: Be fair, Ignoble Opinions adn Dead To Me are both worthy of consideration for the Surly Band Name Hall of Honor, to be located - soon - at an otherwise unused Hall of Champions in College Station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
11 hours ago, naija said:
The guy is a coward, but his fans will keep hyping him up.

I've seen Leach called a lot of things, most of them at least arguably fair, but this one is confusing. In what ways is Leach a coward?

What makes you think he was talking about Leach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I felt bad for him after getting fired by the egomaniac Chancellor at Tech but when I found out his politics he's dead to me.
Keep you dumbass opinions on politics in CR. ccbd83cee51ac60699ecdbfea2602d2d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tex Long said:

 

 

If y'all had any understanding of football and life its own self, you'd know what he meant. The fact that you don't understand what he meant is proof that you know anything about football or life. Ipso and defacto. Sin no moar.

Lol what the fuck are you talking about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lolz.  Leach is a ‘coward’ because he refused to comply with the small minded ways of Tech bfd’s and actually wanted to get paid market value, not comply with a completely unfounded railroad job(adam james admission letter signature,) while also having the nerve to seek legal remedies so he could fulfill his contract( fuck sovereign immunity.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tex Long said:

 

 

If y'all had any understanding of football and life its own self, you'd know what he meant. The fact that you don't understand what he meant is proof that you know anything about football or life. Ipso and defacto. Sin no moar.

You'd be better off reacting to post #358.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, markstanco said:

Keep you dumbass opinions on politics in CR. ccbd83cee51ac60699ecdbfea2602d2d.jpg

CR retards ruin everything.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be scrupulously fair, it needs to be considered that Mike is, like Mitt, both a Lawyer and a Mormon, albeit apparently a recovering one in either case... which leads ineluctably to the possibility that the issue was Societal or Religious at root rather than simply Political.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I felt bad for him after getting fired by the egomaniac Chancellor at Tech but when I found out his politics he's dead to me.

Do you even know why he’s a trump supporter? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Do you even know why he’s a trump supporter? 

S H T A W P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

/caps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Do you even know why he’s a trump supporter? 

Take it to the politics board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Take it to the politics board. 

Sorry, I’ll shut up. 
 

anyways, I wonder how he’s going to get a big O line there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Sorry, I’ll shut up. 
 

anyways, I wonder how he’s going to get a big O line there

Refer to Girlfriends, Fat Little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bullneck said:

See above.  

Typical bitch CR poster response. Fuck of douchebag and go back to your hole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
See above.  
Go back to CR dumbfuck. Everybody here is emotionally wrecked that you hate leach for liking trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, markstanco said:
14 hours ago, Bullneck said:
See above.  

Go back to CR dumbfuck. Everybody here is emotionally wrecked that you hate leach for liking trump.

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Typical bitch CR poster response. Fuck of douchebag and go back to your hole. 

Forget it.  He's rollin'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I don't give a flying shit about Mike Leach's thoughts on politics...I only care that he drinks a lot, rambles semi-coherently at length about absurd esoteric bullshit, and - most importantly - resumes doing what he always did best, which is to make aggy life miserable in humiliating and hilarious ways. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Some of y’all get CR triggered awfully easy.  

Because one simply just can't have political opinions. You have to wear it like a badge here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 7:23 AM, Bullneck said:

See above.  

Apparently everybody disagreed with me and agreed with you, dipshit.(sarcasm font). Go back to the cloak room where you are a God or whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Apparently everybody disagreed with me and agreed with you, dipshit.(sarcasm font). Go back to the cloak room where you are a God or whatever. 

Angry Monkey is Angry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Angry Monkey is Angry.
Not angry. Just wish you and your CR bs would keep it in CR. Hate trump all you can and hard in CR. Mike leach too. We all are really concerned about your thoughts on Leach, and happy to know where you stand on him.

Have some respect for others who go to the football board to get away from politics. Stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Homercles said:

Some of y’all get CR triggered awfully easy.  

Well in there they root against America and root for Cancer so they can all fuck off and stay in their own little play pen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 11:50 AM, Hank Chinaski said:

Man, I don't give a flying shit about Mike Leach's thoughts on politics...I only care that he drinks a lot, rambles semi-coherently at length about absurd esoteric bullshit, and - most importantly - resumes doing what he always did best, which is to make aggy life miserable in humiliating and hilarious ways. 

 

Amen. My Capital 'L' Liberal bonafides are without question, so the odds of Mike Leach and I ever agreeing on anything politically are pretty close to zero.

I don't give a fuck. Mike Leach is awesome, and I celebrate his entire bug-fucking insane catalog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 1:48 PM, Homercles said:

Some of y’all get CR triggered awfully easy.  

Not to go all CR, but if anything, Leach (Wazzu)- Mississippi State & Tucker (Colorado)- Michigan State, shows pay disparity in PAC...

Long story short, Mike Leach will have better resources as a Bulldogs head coach than out west, in an ESPN backed league no less...
I still think Tennesee made a mistake in not hiring Leach in the 1st place a few years back, now an SEC foe will see a CowbellPirate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Not to go all CR, but if anything, Leach (Wazzu)- Mississippi State & Tucker (Colorado)- Michigan State, shows pay disparity in PAC...

Long story short, Mike Leach will have better resources as a Bulldogs head coach than out west, in an ESPN backed league no less...
I still think Tennesee made a mistake in not hiring Leach in the 1st place a few years back, now an SEC foe will see a CowbellPirate...

The PAC 12 have an ESPN supported channel as well, they just got it at a time that football in the conference tends to suck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The PAC 12 have an ESPN supported channel as well, they just got it at a time that football in the conference tends to suck. 

ESPN has no network channel with PAC, you may be mistaken for ACCN or SECN..? Maybe ESPN+, but PACN is seperate of ESPN (as of now)...
Which also shows how Mike Leach gets in homes with an ESPN-backed SECN & instantly has more viewers than PACN currently can access... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...