petscii

2021 Texas Baseball

We’re both using a lot of words to say “hey, maybe having a short stop that doesn’t boot everything hit at him and a catcher that can, you know, catch, may lead to more wins this year!” That’s how fucking bad we were defensively. How many times in 2019 did we have like a 6 run lead only for our infield to play hot potato? Just having a DJ and Hamilton in 2019 probably would’ve won us a lot of those wtf games. Faltine and DJ or Powell are worth like 10 wins alone cause they can actually play the position. And I think you’re way overestimated baseball chemistry. Shit I guarantee most of the kids have been playing pick up ball and shit since the season was cancelled back in March 

Watching the 05 Wheeless Baylor game. Peoples just fucked up that cunt catcher of theirs. Peoples was ahead of his time. I wish every single one of our players in every sport would do that against Baylor. More Peoples, less Deshon Elliots against Baylor, please  

So dumbfuck Dr. Beeper got me thinking about our team this year. We finally have some catchers, an ocean of outfielders, solid infielders and what could be an elite pitching staff. @torre got a projected roster or something like that. I can’t believe I’m doing this but @LTtxfan, you got anything?

On 8/14/2020 at 6:59 AM, Snake Diggity said:

Updated roster projection:

CF Antico

SS Faltine

1B Zubia

3B Williams

RF Todd

LF Kennedy

DH Dixon/Hodo/Melendez

2B Campbell/Stehly

C Petrinsky/Ardoin/Powell

SP: Witt, Madden, Cobb, Hansen, Sthele

RP: Duplantier, Quintanilla, Kubichek, Southard, Stevens, Walbridge, Gordon, Johnson, Wenzel, Shifflet 

Antico and Johnson were big gets.

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

So dumbfuck Dr. Beeper got me thinking about our team this year. We finally have some catchers, an ocean of outfielders, solid infielders and what could be an elite pitching staff. @torre got a projected roster or something like that. I can’t believe I’m doing this but @LTtxfan, you got anything?

Not my wheelhouse.    SnakeDiggity has a good projection in post 189 (above).

I will say the expanded roster due to the virus may be a challenge to manage.   May be difficult to get everyone reps/innings and keep morale/chemistry high.  So important.

(Dr Beeper is a sharp guy,  gives me advice on royalty interests)    :)

Posted (edited)
On 8/14/2020 at 6:59 AM, Snake Diggity said:

Updated 2021 roster projection:

• CF Antico
  • SS Faltine
  • 1B Zubia
  • 3B Williams
  • RF Todd
  • LF Kennedy
  • DH Dixon/Hodo/Melendez
  • 2B Campbell/Stehly
  • C Petrinsky/Ardoin/Powell

SP: Witt, Madden, Cobb, Hansen, Sthele

RP: Duplantier, Quintanilla, Kubichek, Southard, Stevens, Walbridge, Gordon, Johnson, Wenzel, Shifflet 

Antico and Johnson were big gets.

so @Fletch I found above post...  Maybe @Snake Diggity has more on 2021 Horns Baseball outlook???

Also found this...

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2020/7/22/21333728/david-pierce-texas-longhorns-mlb-draft-tanner-witt

Also this summary page for TEXAS Baseball stuff...

https://www.burntorangenation.com/baseball

Edited by LTtxfan
Torre beat me to it... HaHa

Ha thanks dude! Playing that NCAA MVP 06 doesn’t quite hit the college baseball spot...

I’m not getting my hopes up (insert Morgan Freeman hope gif) but holy fuck yes please!!! I was at our last game of the year back in March. Had a blast against a Tuesday night shithook then the world was turned upside down the next day

The last game was Abilene Christian, no?  It was on that Wednesday night before every single sporting event got cancelled the very next morning (including our Big XII Tournament game versus Texas Tech).  I remember that game though because everybody was finally talking about Coronavirus (or least more people than I had ever heard before talking about it despite it hanging heavy over us for several weeks already).  But I got a bad feeling that night that all baseball and basketball would be cancelled within weeks, maybe days.  Instead it was a matter of hours.