2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

8 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

The link for sunday only is currently redirecting to saturday.

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'm good with any series in Houston as long as they aren't building temporary bleachers for it.

Yeah, but as anyone else who's watched Texas play in this Houston tournament over the years, the JuiceBox has NO HEAT because "uncle" Drayton McClaine is/was a cheapskate and didn't include heating when Enron Field was constructed. I've never otherwise been in a larger indoor stadium with a numbing cold as much as that place when it's cold outside. I never even felt that cold watching ice hockey in various venues here in Texas.

TL;DR - if it's forecast to be cold outside for this tourney in Minute Maid Park, remember to wear cold-weather clothes/coats!

And I'll never forgive cougar high for that calculated "temp seating" BS!

6 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Yeah, but as anyone else who's watched Texas play in this Houston tournament over the years, the JuiceBox has NO HEAT because "uncle" Drayton McClaine is/was a cheapskate and didn't include heating when Enron Field was constructed. I've never otherwise been in a larger indoor stadium with a numbing cold as much as that place when it's cold outside. I never even felt that cold watching ice hockey in various venues here in Texas.

TL;DR - if it's forecast to be cold outside for this tourney in Minute Maid Park, remember to wear cold-weather clothes/coats!

And I'll never forgive cougar high for that calculated "temp seating" BS!

I call shenanigans, there is no place colder on the planet than the stands of DFF during February. 

See ya boys there... Who all is going? I know there will be a good amount of MSU locals like myself showing up. 

Really sucks UT will not let y'all go to any home games this year sounds like... looks like will be one of the only chances to see your guys play. 

Best of luck.. Hell of a first game to start the season. Top 10 matchup.. 1 game. 

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I just got tickets for my daughter and I.   I didn't buy parking at $30 each.  Any other options for getting to Globe Life Park?

And this is why we will never have mass transit to those stupid fucking stadiums in Arlington. 

I am gonna Uber from FW. It will cost me 10 to 15 more but I am not paying those dipshits $90 to park for 3 days when entry to the park only costs me $60.

I am a man of principle. Also, I am highly likely to be incredibly intoxicated all weekend. 

6 hours ago, msudawg said:
6 hours ago, msudawg said:

See ya boys there... Who all is going? I know there will be a good amount of MSU locals like myself showing up. 

Really sucks UT will not let y'all go to any home games this year sounds like... looks like will be one of the only chances to see your guys play. 

Best of luck.. Hell of a first game to start the season. Top 10 matchup.. 1 game. 

There will be fans...

Edited by UnhappilyMarried

53 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

$30 total, 10 a day. $38.50 after fees. 

I’m seeing $50 for the tournament pass. Where did you find yours?

Update...ok I see now. $30 for kids and $50 for adults for the tournament pass. $25 for day passes.

Edited by CowtownHorn

20 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

So is this essentially the tournament thats normally played in Minute Maid Park....moved to Arlington?

Except the "college classic" in Minute Maid Park is not replaced/moved.

Both tourneys are still happening this year, at least so far.

Globe Life Field is already superior to Minute Maid Park because it has heat, too -- JuiceBox doesn't: 

https://www.mlb.com/rangers/ballpark/globe-life-field/news/a-big-chill-to-fill 

Edited by BachelorTrek