2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I'm laughing because:

A - I'm at the game and don't have to worry about the streaming stuff

And

B - Flosports streams a lot of high school and DCI marching band events and, having been part of that world for years, I'm seeing the same complaints I always see from that crowd.

Yup - on the DCI streams I've tried in the past. Gave up on them

"How ready is this team to get back on the field?

I think that this team is probably the most prepared team that I've been on since I've been here. This team is full of maturity, it's full of dedication, it's just full of hard work. I think that's also a credit to our coaching staff and our staff in general. We've done a really good job with the COVID-19 world that we're living in right now. I think it's a really focused, a really driven and a really motivated team to win. I'm very excited to see what shows out (in the season opener)."

I fell for it...

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

"How ready is this team to get back on the field?

I think that this team is probably the most prepared team that I've been on since I've been here. This team is full of maturity, it's full of dedication, it's just full of hard work. I think that's also a credit to our coaching staff and our staff in general. We've done a really good job with the COVID-19 world that we're living in right now. I think it's a really focused, a really driven and a really motivated team to win. I'm very excited to see what shows out (in the season opener)."

I fell for it...

Oh, good lord.  One game in a super shitty situation and you already want to call BS on that?

Way to overreact. 

Edited by TrashMaster G

Few random thoughts.

• Really excited about Melendez and Ardoin.
  • Cautious optimism about Faltine and Kennedy.
  • Like Cam Williams. Think he's going to be steady and solid.
  • Sort of tired of Austin Todd and Zach Zubia. I get that last season was shortened but it feels like they've been here forever. They're good but I don't see them improving on their typical performance much this season (hope I'm wrong).
  • Staff looked decent I thought. Silver lining is we got to see a handful of guys throw.
  • As someone else mentioned, how do you have announcers at baseball games in Texas in 2021 that have never seen a Hispanic / Spanish last name? Every time they said Quintan-ELLUH, I wondered, where do these guys watch and call baseball games?
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 4:17 PM, CDAK said:

Few random thoughts.

• Really excited about Melendez and Ardoin.
  • Cautious optimism about Faltine and Kennedy.
  • Like Cam Williams. Think he's going to be steady and solid.
  • Sort of tired of Austin Todd and Zach Zubia. I get that last season was shortened but it feels like they've been here forever. They're good but I don't see them improving on their typical performance much this season (hope I'm wrong).
  • Staff looked decent I thought. Silver lining is we got to see a handful of guys throw.
  • As someone else mentioned, how do you have announcers at baseball games in Texas in 2021 that have never seen a Hispanic / Spanish last name? Every time they said Quintan-ELLUH, I wondered, where do these guys watch and call baseball games?

Zubia has been here since Fall 2016 so he has been here a very long time.  He just wasn't apart of the team due to eligibility from his Tulane NLI and having to take a year.  

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Not sure “missed practice” explains a still continued inability to hit the ball. 

I was wondering why Arkie's 3rd pitcher was bothering to throw sliders when we couldn't touch fastballs right down the middle. Figured he just wanted to work on his off-speed stuff.

3 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

It's only two games, no need for panic yet?

seems like this is on repeat for all our sports every year. I am amazed anyone still comes on and tells everyone to calm down when it's the same shit over and over.

I wasn't going into this weekend to panic, but these guys have struck out 40 times in 21 innings.  For guys who have spent most of their lives playing baseball.   A few missed practices and suddenly they can't hit a baseball? 

It's comically inept. 

• Like 1