The WNBA is BACK!!!!!

Uncle Boobs

I think we will see more of this, male reporters who have no idea how to act around high profile female athletes because, well, they’ve never had to before (plus some other personal issues)

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I think we will see more of this, male reporters who have no idea how to act around high profile female athletes because, well, they’ve never had to before (plus some other personal issues)

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Mma Wtf GIF by UFC

Sounds like the sports media need to do some continuing education on how to talk to women without sounding like fucking weirdos 

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I can't make it out, what does he say/do before the "I like that you're here"?  

Funny Face Love GIF by Papa Johns

That's what she does to her family in the stands during games, so he did it to her

Posted (edited)
On 2/8/2024 at 7:04 PM, TommysTinyTowels said:

Swoopes:

A bunch of idiot players and ex-players from the WNBA...

Clark is the best shot for the WNBA to gain mainstream success.  Just like the South Carolina coach that gave Clark praise and thanks, the current WNBA players and ex-players should be doing the same damn thing.

Edited by LTtxfan
typo
  • Hook 'Em 1

I know she will make upwards of $10mm in endorsements— and she should she’s great and gets eyeballs like mine who have never watched a woman’s college basketball in my life to watch this year— but it’s just so crazy to see how little they make in that league if THAT is the salary your #1 overall commands. Capital O, Oof!

Yeah, that's not much of a salary.  But that's just the nature of the league, it's not like they're withholding cash from the players.  that's just what the franchises take in and distribute.  Simple maths.  But she is gonna clean up in endorsements, product lines, appearances, etc.  She's gonna be just fine financially.  And I have a feeling she is gonna use that money for good over greed.  And fuck the older WNBA players for giving her shit.  She paid respect and she paid her dues and she will have paid it forward.  

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, that's not much of a salary.  But that's just the nature of the league, it's not like they're withholding cash from the players.  that's just what the franchises take in and distribute.  Simple maths.  But she is gonna clean up in endorsements, product lines, appearances, etc.  She's gonna be just fine financially.  And I have a feeling she is gonna use that money for good over greed.  And fuck the older WNBA players for giving her shit.  She paid respect and she paid her dues and she will have paid it forward.  

The rookie deals are very lean. Average salary is about $150k which is good money - and it isn’t a year round job. A lot of them get checks in the offseason by playing in other leagues.