The WNBA is BACK!!!!!

Uncle Boobs

18 hours ago, Kermit said:

I mean, I watched it. I’m probably the only one though. I miss basketball.

I've watched pretty much every playoff game.    The games have been great!!    Chelsea Gray was incredible the whole playoff run.    Wilson, Gray, Plum and Jackie Young is really nice group and they all are coming back next yr.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 9/19/2022 at 6:27 PM, VirginiaLonghorn said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d7bafdf72e3db7d29e9914fe17be8a7c.jpeg
Geez … from PG to pulling guard?

1 minute ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Then enjoy another.

image.jpeg.5e9fb60a5952c01377673ab098f5a876.jpeg

Both pix were lifted directly from news service articles.

First, she’s 45.  Second, perhaps years of living in the fat capital of America, followed by her new gig with the all night buffets, is leaving its mark.

What the fuck are these 14 pixel images and where are you finding them? Are you posting from a Motorola Razr?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 months later...

Liz Cambage, bastion of kindness:

it happened months ago, but you know, it's women's basketball, so it went under the radar. what a POS this chick is. i wonder what all of the SJW's who came running to her defense when a coach said that the 6'8", 260 lb center was *gasp* big had to say about this incident.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 5 months later...

I'm flirting with buying WNBA league pass for the season for $25. This Las Vegas team is ridiculous. They won the title last season behind MVP Aja Wilson and sexy-ass Kelsey Plum running point and then they went and added Candace Parker (and coached by Becky Hammon). They're fucking waxing teams through 3 games. 

At the end of the day I just love basketball. I went to a lot of high school games last year (one of my little brothers still plays and the Stony Point coach is a close family friend). Every time I've watched WNBA games I've enjoyed the product (for anyone that watches D1 women's - it's fucking night and day. Like comparing high school ball to NBA).

And rookie Haley Jones out of Stanford is fine as fuck. 

Screenshot_20230527_225637_Instagram.thumb.jpg.330fc54a4d08413f093c896674f5b699.jpgScreenshot_20230527_225727_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a5129461f61930b781be4e620f77b0f3.jpgScreenshot_20230527_225814_Instagram.thumb.jpg.53c1a9afee29c14b9cf057d68fe21f3f.jpgScreenshot_20230527_225833_Instagram.thumb.jpg.2065e7b56fa58b7210df32f016498733.jpg

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

That $25 for the pass is definitely tempting.    I love the W and this yr with Vegas and NY set up with superteams and some of the other under the radar teams/stars it could be another great season.   The playoffs last yr were incredible!

Mark Davis has been going all out for the Aces.   Was chartering planes for them last yr pissing the other owners off.  Made Becky Hammon the highest paid coach in the league.   Added Candace Parker to an already stacked team and now this.....

On 7/28/2020 at 7:45 PM, conVINCEd said:

Bubbles will work.  Non-bubbles will fail.  This isn’t rocket science.  Expecting professional athletes to behave responsibly away from the facility is a fool’s errand. 

"Nobody got covid"

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 10:05 AM, d2o said:

Mark Davis has been going all out for the Aces.   Was chartering planes for them last yr pissing the other owners off.  Made Becky Hammon the highest paid coach in the league.   Added Candace Parker to an already stacked team and now this.....

He should be able to spend as much as he wants on his hobby. 

If a business loses money 4 years straight, it is no longer considered a business. He shouldn’t have to pay by their rules. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Connecticut Sun forward Alyssa Thomas had her second triple-double in five days Sunday, giving her four during the regular-season for her career, a WNBA record.

I had to laugh seeing this linked on the ESPN home page earlier. This is the 27th season of the WNBA. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 1:57 AM, shadow_operative said:

did anybody dunk? nothing gets sports fans more rowdy than watching a 6'5" chick jump 12" off the ground, just barely getting her outstretched hand over the goal as she awkwardly pulls down on the rim. 

Yes. Griner had a jam. 

I only watched about a quarter. 

Defector has a woman that writes about the WNBA and her articles are always a pretty good read even though I know almost nothing about the players she is introducing to me. She writes with more enthusiasm and prose than any of the guys writing about the NBA. She makes me miss when Wojnarowski was churning out articles and stories about the NBA before he made it to ESPN.

On 7/16/2023 at 2:57 AM, shadow_operative said:

did anybody dunk? nothing gets sports fans more rowdy than watching a 6'5" chick jump 12" off the ground, just barely getting her outstretched hand over the goal as she awkwardly pulls down on the rim. 

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yes. Griner had a jam. 

I only watched about a quarter. 

March Madness Travel GIF by Basketball Madness

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to take my daughter to a Mystics game until I saw the ticket cost. Cheap seats were around $50-60 after fees  I think

Edited to say that they do seem to sell, though. So good for them. I'm just personally not looking to spend $200-$300 total to take a kid to a WNBA game after tickets, parking, concessions, etc. It's a little steep.

Edited by MotownHorn

On 7/19/2023 at 7:35 PM, YGIFS said:

Austin very likely getting an WNBA franchise (not sure if expansion or relocation) for the 2025 season.  

I think that’s a pretty cool deal if they get selected. Anything that helps to grow women’s basketball is cool by me. I am not really all that interested in watching the games, but there are young girls and women that are and it will have a positive impact on their lives to watch women’s professional basketball in person.

On 8/10/2023 at 7:32 PM, Dutchrudder said:

Lotta hands and elbows being thrown around.

Cambage seems like she sucks as a person. That no one wants anything to do with her probably makes that statement accurate. That Nigerian woman got a good shot in at her by the benches. 

Edited by UpperWestside

6 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Cambage seems like she sucks as a person. That no one wants anything to do with her probably makes that statement accurate. That Nigerian woman got a good shot in at her by the benches. 

I can’t lie.  They actually fight better than nba players.  

• Haha 2