Jump to content
Texas St. Armadillos

2020 PGA Championship - Harding Park

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Rory is much more consistent week in and week out. He just can’t get it going in majors. 

 

Yeah, here's Rory's biggest problem...

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

3 bogeys for Spieth...

3 birdies for JT...

JT is #1 in world. Spieth is 62 and falling. This is JT and Koepka’s tour and appears to be so for a while with a lot of young talented challengers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Rory is much more consistent week in and week out. He just can’t get it going in majors. 

No he’s not. Since the restart his best finish is T11 and of the other 4 finishes the best result is T32. He’s consistently average. He hasnt won this year, and I can’t imagine how he’s still ranked 3 in the world. 

Id take everyone in the Top 17 over him right now. 

Edited by Dr. Beeper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

No he’s not. Since the restart his best finish is T11 and of the other 4 finishes the best result is T32. He’s consistently average. He hasnt won this year, and I can’t imagine how he’s still ranked 3 in the world. 

Id take everyone in the Top 17 over him right now. 

I mean yeah his current form is poor but it's a 2 year ranking. He won a Players, Tour Championship and WGC in calendar 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean yeah his current form is poor but it's a 2 year ranking. He won a Players, Tour Championship and WGC in calendar 2019.

Yeah he’s playing off last year. He’s not far off from Jordan right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yeah he’s playing off last year. He’s not far off from Jordan right now. 

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. There's a reason it's a 2 year ranking. Yes, they have similar results in their past 5/6 outings - but the difference is that those 5 tournaments have been a very poor stretch of play for Rory and a pretty expected one for Spieth. Their baselines are not remotely comparable. 

Edited by ztejas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Spieth's biggest problem right now is...

giphy.gif

 

Playing angry and immature...

 

 

Edited by LTtxfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. There's a reason it's a 2 year ranking. Yes, they have similar results in their past 5/6 outings - but the difference is that those 5 tournaments have been a very poor stretch of play for Rory and a pretty expected one for Spieth. Their baselines are not remotely comparable. 

I wasn’t trying to argue with YOU. I agree on WHY he has a 3 ranking. It is not deserved and 4thand5 said he was consistent in nonmajors. Well, not really. 

I agree baselines aren’t comparable, but Rory is trending significantly downwards. Over the last 3 months their games are extremely similar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I wasn’t trying to argue with YOU. I agree on WHY he has a 3 ranking. It is not deserved and 4thand5 said he was consistent in nonmajors. Well, not really. 

I agree baselines aren’t comparable, but Rory is trending significantly downwards. Over the last 3 months their games are extremely similar. 

Their results are similar. I don"t think their games are similar. At all, really. Just look at betting odds. Rory is a threat to win on any given week. Jordan is not and hasn't been in a very long time. 

5 events is a very small sample size to claim they are playing similar golf. It just takes one week for someone to get back to good form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Their results are similar. I don"t think their games are similar. At all, really. Just look at betting odds. Rory is a threat to win on any given week. Jordan is not and hasn't been in a very long time. 

5 events is a very small sample size to claim they are playing similar golf. It just takes one week for someone to get back to good form.

He’s been a very mixed bag for a long time, longer than 5 weeks, and he’s been a non factor in majors for awhile. Betting odds in golf are very much hype filled. Tiger is a still a betting favorite for example. I think Rory was a better bet than Spieth on Thursday morning, but not by much. I don’t give a fuck about the odds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bet if I told you 3 years ago there was a pair of longhorns grouped together late in round 3 in a major you would have had Spieth as one of them
Nope. Fritelli and Scheffler 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if either of those two don't finish strong, I'll put my club pro hat on and break it down for everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CBS:  Immellman.... we know we brought you in for commentary,  but you suck so we are going to have Phil handle it because he's actually interesting to listen to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Scottie on absolute fire. Phil will make a really good commentator, in the Romo mold. 

Edited by Dr. Beeper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Bet if I told you 3 years ago there was a pair of longhorns grouped together late in round 3 in a major you would have had Spieth as one of them
Nope. Fritelli and Scheffler 

 

Prior to this tourney?  Definitely would’ve said Scheffler. He’s already better than Spieth. And probably would’ve picked Dylan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pops said:

CBS:  Immellman.... we know we brought you in for commentary,  but you suck so we are going to have Phil handle it because he's actually interesting to listen to. 

Immelman’s contributions are limited to “He doesn’t need to go flag hunting here; he just needs to hit it on the left side of the green.”  75% of the time, the player then proceeds to go for the pin. He’s awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Little tension between Faldo and Phil.  

Faldo definitely not happy with another golfer in the booth.

Faldo is a pompous bitch and Phil is great. Phil is incredibly cocky, but funny and just doesn’t give a fuck.

“What’s this one yellow dot here?”

“The only eagle on this hole, but Dustin has your line, and he could eagle.”

“He could.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I wish there was a C-team network where we could stick all of Faldo, Miller, Duval, Strange and North. They are all terrible. 

Edited by Dr. Beeper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wish there was a C-team network where we could stick all of Faldo, Miller, Duval, Strange and North. They are all terrible. 

Korn Ferry Tour?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jimbaround said:


Korn Ferry Tour?

No have em do Golf Channel so when we get the best tourneys on CBS, we can go from ragey to relieved. From weekday/early weekend coverage to weekend coverage. Have that fuckhead Chambleis on as well, and have SVP, Boomer or Tirico as PBP guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

                         THE DONGER NEED FOOD!!!

 

 

Edited by LTtxfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DJ with a reminder that leading the field in putting > than driving. He was left and right, but 24 putts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interested to see how the young guys like Scheffler/Champ do without the crowds. Does it make it feel like there is a little less pressure, etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

A Brooks birdie would pair him with Bryson tomorrow. 
excited the hills GIF

I saw the leaderboard and was excited, then saw the tee times and {price is right loser gif}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Longhorn said:

The new Tiger Woods?

If by the new Tiger Woods you mean a guy that will retire with less than 7 wins, sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jimbaround said:

I just came here to say I want to murder something when that “my mommy can see in the future” commercial.

Especially since the daughter is probably taking after the mom who, with her ability to see the future, sells a bunch of fantasy/nonsense  and clients are left with shit “here. Invest in this: https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/13912-surly-stonks/page/42/#comments “

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

I'm liking both sets of ESPN commentators more than CBS 

 

Knost is miles better than Immelman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Knost is miles better than Immelman

with DL3 leaving CBS, Knost would be a great replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...