2020 Fall Camp Thread

BurntOrange&White

55 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I’m really happy Tom listens to his players.  Look at the shit show in college station right now while our players are initiating change as a team in unity.  I cannot wait for this season to start.  These are signs of a team with good leaders.

CDC deserves credit too. Imagine trying to Steve Patterson our way through this.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nope said:

CDC deserves credit too. Imagine trying to Steve Patterson our way through this.

"Screen printing costs SEVERAL cents per player, so I've taken my own initiative and from now on you'll be wearing RIP George Floyd Presented by Exxon Mobil shirts to all Black Lives Matter functions. Personally, I think they are super fresh. Mondo cool."

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"Screen printing costs SEVERAL cents per player, so I've taken my own initiative and from now on you'll be wearing RIP George Floyd Presented by Exxon Mobil shirts to all Black Lives Matter functions. Personally, I think they are super fresh. Mondo cool."

This is why Steve has always been known in the Hispanic community as Cool Arrow, yeah?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

While coaches pay out of pocket for face masks

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ahem...

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-Tom-Herman-no-practice-protests-Jacob-Blake-our-job-as-a-compassionate-society-is-to-listen-150877717/

Tom Herman: 'Our job as a compassionate society is to listen'

By   JEFF HOWE 22 minutes ago 

From the time the death of George Floyd sparked discussions within the Texas program about racial inequality, police brutality and social injustice, head coach Tom Herman has been clear about where he stands on the matter. Herman said the day after the Longhorns held a three-hour team meeting in early June that he doesn’t “have their back, I have their front,” referring to his players who most recently released a unified social media message that included action items in which they intend to be active participants on campus and throughout the community.

With that said, not everyone who supports the Longhorns approves of the players using their platform in the manner with which it has over the summer. Scanning the Twitter mentions of a player who has been vocal in the push for change and equality, for instance, is all it takes to see that the stance members of the Texas program have taken isn’t universally accepted.

Following Sunday’s practice while on a Zoom call with reporters, Herman said he didn’t have much to share with the fans who might not agree with his players.

“Everybody's got different opinions and that's what makes our country great,” Herman said. “I think the key phrase in your question is ‘lack the open-mindedness that our players’ and our staff has. I think it's a shame anybody that doesn't have an open mind and can't see other people's points of view and how different things that happen throughout our society affect other people, let alone our players in our program. They're human beings that are affected by this and for any other human being to tell another human being how to feel without ever walking a mile in their shoes, I just don't think is right.”

On the call, Herman detailed why the Longhorns chose to not hold practice Thursday and Friday and instead took two days to reflect on the wave of protests and calls for change across the country sparked by the police-involved shooting of Jacob Blake in Wisconsin. Everyone in the program is proud of the players, Herman said, for “their open-mindedness as well as their ability and want-to to be involved in their community and our society as a whole.”

Doing his part to show support for his players, Herman took part in the team’s march from Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium to the Texas State Capitol in June. The decision to call off Thursday’s practice was due to “a general sense throughout our program that a lot of guys weren't right,” Herman said, further showing that even with only one full week remaining until Texas takes the field for the 2020 season opener against UTEP on Sept. 12, the players are supported by the organization as a whole.

While he didn’t call on everyone to agree with the causes his players are taking up, Herman asked those opposed to what’s happening on the Forty Acres to keep an open mind when his charges voice their opinions regarding what they’re experiencing away from the football field.

“I would caution anybody that tends to form very strong opinions on things that, quite frankly, maybe don't affect them the same way that our players or other members of our society are affected,” Herman said. “Our job as a compassionate society is to listen. You don't always have to agree, but I do think it's our right as members of the same society to at least listen.

“Really proud of our team for listening to each other and proud of our staff or listening to our players.”

47 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Well said.  I am proud of our players and staff.  

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.hookem.com/texas-football/20200830/texas-sophomore-jared-wileys-roles-2020-include-catching-blocking-maybe-kicking/

Texas sophomore Jared Wiley’s roles in 2020 to include catching, blocking and maybe kicking

August 30th, 2020. Danny Davis American-Statesman Staff   @aasdanny

"Tom Herman briefly mentioned Wiley’s standing among his kickers during a media availability on Sunday. Texas has an established starter in junior Cameron Dicker, who boasts a 57-yard field goal and a game-winner against Oklahoma on his resume. But if something were to happen to Dicker the Kicker, Texas would apparently turn to Wiley instead of the walk-on legs belonging to Zach Lindner, Erwin Von Nacher and Logan Smith."

(I think Danny Davis might have exaggerated... all Herman said was that Wiley could serve as a backup punter if needed...)

Edited by LTtxfan

19 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

https://www.hookem.com/texas-football/20200830/texas-sophomore-jared-wileys-roles-2020-include-catching-blocking-maybe-kicking/

Texas sophomore Jared Wiley’s roles in 2020 to include catching, blocking and maybe kicking

August 30th, 2020. Danny Davis American-Statesman Staff   @aasdanny

"Tom Herman briefly mentioned Wiley’s standing among his kickers during a media availability on Sunday. Texas has an established starter in junior Cameron Dicker, who boasts a 57-yard field goal and a game-winner against Oklahoma on his resume. But if something were to happen to Dicker the Kicker, Texas would apparently turn to Wiley instead of the walk-on legs belonging to Zach Lindner, Erwin Von Nacher and Logan Smith."

(I think Danny Davis might have exaggerated... all Herman said was that Wiley could serve as a backup punter if needed...)

Danny Davis exaggerating with panic, nowai.

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

E Hogan said this morning that he "heard" UTEP will be a 7:00 kick on the LHN. 

So for cord cutters, Sling is the only option now with PSVue gone? Sling Orange plus Sports Extra on the 3 day free trial?

Edited by Grimas

26 minutes ago, Grimas said:

So for cord cutters, Sling is the only option now with PSVue gone? Sling Orange plus Sports Extra on the 3 day free trial?

• Yes if you use Sling Orange + Sports Extra
  • Maybe AT&T Now (but not sure it's on Roku)
  • Also maybe Vidgo??

Use these threads for more help...

Edited by LTtxfan