2020 Fall Camp Thread

BurntOrange&White

29 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

zero sum.

damn those are some nice routes.

damn our dbs can't cover for shit.

Yes and no.  Black beat the pants off Josh Thompson in the first one, so that's more of a zero sum, though Thompson has yet to show he's actually any good at CB, even though he gets hyped every offseason.  I'm pretty skeptical that he'll beat out any of Jamison, Green, or Watson, but we'll see. The second one was a really, really nice route by Black and Jamison closed quickly by the time the ball got there, so I'd say that's more of a positive for both guys. In the last one, Smith was operating in open space against a true freshman nickel/safety, so you want to see him winning easily over a guy like Jerrin Thompson at this point.

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Looks like UTEP's starting QB opted out. That game will be ugly. 

I'm going to say "projected" starting QB because it looked like a battle between 2 guys with Goodwin likely to win the job. 

Good, i'm ready for a shutout.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

While I enjoy watching the players practice I worry that what I am seeing is either an exceptionally good play by one player or one that is exaggerated by poor play of the other.

The last 10 years will do that to you. PTSD is a bitch. Here's to getting better. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, futureman said:

you mean there’s a whole genre of music comprised of untalented, unoriginal hacks that make shit “music” that all sounds identical?  tragic. 

You are not alone.  Look for a local support group to help you out.  I am having to work it out myself out here in the country.

55 minutes ago, futureman said:

you mean there’s a whole genre of music comprised of untalented, unoriginal hacks that make shit “music” that all sounds identical?  tragic. 

Fads have become huge across the industry since they generate peaks of profit. Then, when the fad starts to crash you just jump to the new fad and profit peak. 
It seems there is a trend right now to have parts of your track sound like you produced it on a Roland home mixer and your computer because is feels more ‘authentic’ to the kids because that’s what they’re doing right now. 

as for weather it’s shit or not just depends what you’re into.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

I don’t understand why all the these highlights and hudl vids have the same awful auto-tune rap song playing in them?  can they not try some different songs?

That isn't the training Epps needs. He needs to get open against Cook when Cook is in his grill pushing him around.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

so it’s not just the musicians who are unoriginal. 

you'd be surprised by the amount of "musicians" who buy licensed beats and throw lyrics on top

then there's top notch musicians entertainers who don't write any of their shit

Edited by Hmmm

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

WR content - Black and Smith

nvm - delete post

TIL i learned you can embed multiple IG vids.  for the olds, don't forget to click the arrow ">" to see Black vs Jamison.

Edited by Hmmm

3 hours ago, futureman said:

I don’t understand why all the these highlights and hudl vids have the same awful auto-tune rap song playing in them?  can they not try some different songs?

Not related to vid you quoted, but I'd guess the song that's in all the damn Hudl vids is either public domain or owned by hudl. 

32 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Not related to vid you quoted, but I'd guess the song that's in all the damn Hudl vids is either public domain or owned by hudl. 

Yeah, Hudl can't just let people post videos with unlicensed music. But to Futureman's point, someone throw some Mozart on their highlights.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Top16 for SI...

TEXAS  #11,  Okie Lite #7,    blOU   #4,    aggy   #9

I guess ou has earned the right to be top 5 until someone knocks them off their perch, but freshman qb, #1 RB opting out, linebacker looking at walk-ons to start...it doesn't add up this year. 

2 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

I guess ou has earned the right to be top 5 until someone knocks them off their perch, but freshman qb, #1 RB opting out, linebacker looking at walk-ons to start...it doesn't add up this year. 

And Sam Bradford seems like he sucks.