3-5 LSU Self Imposes bowl ban as "punishment?

horn4life

Good Lord!  What kind of a self imposed penalty is having the shittiest ever defending national championship team, skip another ass whipping? https://sports.yahoo.com/lsu-selfimposes-bowl-ban-for-2020-season-as-part-of-ncaa-case-005713022.html

LSU has informed the NCAA and SEC that it will self-impose a one-year postseason ban on its football program for the 2020-21 bowl season, in addition to self-imposed sanctions already declared. LSU leadership made this decision after careful deliberation and review of the NCAA rules violations that have been discovered in the university’s cooperative investigation with the NCAA and IARP.

Next game up for LSU, Florida which is gonna mop the floor with the TIgers. Then they play Old Miss a game that even the shitty Tigers might win.  So their best case scenario is 4-6. And they are passing on a bowl game as self imposed "punishment?"  Hell if it's punishment they want they should be forced to play another bowl game with the LSU shit show.  That would be a REAL penalty!

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

There was actually a decent chance we were going to play them in Houston at the Texas Bowl later this month.  Oh well, onward to the Cheez-It Bowl.  

Also, I was really looking forward to a game in Baton Rouge at night at some point, but I'm really starting to not like LSU overall.  

30 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Further proof that there is absolutely zero downside to cheating your ass off in college football.

We know this because the criminal enterprise up in Norman has been allowed to get by with everything and anything since the 80's when they made what SMU was accused of look like jaywalking.  

53 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Nah, the game was rescheduled and he sat out that team instead of the first game against FL. Chickenshit gonna chickenshit.

He wasn't suspended for the selling autograph shit until the 2013 season where he to sit either a quarter or a half against Rice .

For 2012 he was originally going to be suspended for the entire season for getting arrested for a drunken fight after allegedly dropping N bombs on someone,  and having 2 fake IDs. His mama threatened a transfer to a Juco and after aggy decided he was going to be the starter, POOF...suspension goes bye bye, or changed to 1 quarter or something.  I remember stumbln saying something about him not being suspended for the Florida game, it was the La Tech game, but can't find anything on it. 

spacer.png

And fuck lsu 

Edited by Dennis Taylor

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

There was actually a decent chance we were going to play them in Houston at the Texas Bowl later this month.  Oh well, onward to the Cheez-It Bowl.  

Also, I was really looking forward to a game in Baton Rouge at night at some point, but I'm really starting to not like LSU overall.  

I went to a Sugar Bowl many, many years ago - drink & eat all day, go to the game 1/2-way sober up, go back to the French Qtr to drink all night.
Damned near killed my liver that weekend - it was a Monday game, so I had to get up early to drive back to work the next day, man that was a long hard drive and though I made it to work I was more worthless than normal.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Ya, but you have to be able to speak english to become a television analyst. 

Desmond Howard is barely sentient, and seems to get by. Dave Lapham managed to string together things like face rape live before a national tv audience, and stayed employed for a decade. I’m sure Ed  could find some barrel chested suit maker, nod his assent to another analyst, growl out some kinda creole farmer platitudes about living to play another day, and make his mark on the paycheck he receives for it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

Orgeron becoming an ESPN analyst would be the best timeline. They need someone to replace Lou Holtz as captain marble mouth.

I actually read a comment on TigerDroppings where the guy said one of the Networks would snap him up to be an on air analyst if he were fired. Yep they actually believe that.

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I went to a Sugar Bowl many, many years ago - drink & eat all day, go to the game 1/2-way sober up, go back to the French Qtr to drink all night.
Damned near killed my liver that weekend - it was a Monday game, so I had to get up early to drive back to work the next day, man that was a long hard drive and though I made it to work I was more worthless than normal.

That is some absolute shit ass planning on your part.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Everyone is eligible this year, so they would have ended up somewhere. Probably in the Nutria Bowl Sponsored by Zapp's in Opelousas.

which is ridiculous. No one should be eligible with a losing record. This team has a 37.5% winning record. Good grief on that being eligible.