2021 transfer thread

Machinator

1 hour ago, Teryor said:

This was rumored a couple of weeks ago, and then crickets.

What I'm reading into this is that Bookie, who's playing time diminshed as the season progressed, was facing the possibility of further reduction in PT with development of other options at NB.

Getting Wanya Morris in the portal was great. Having Bookie leaves is almost as good.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

4wfxr2.gif

Personal foul would also have worked.

Edited by quigley
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, quigley said:

This was rumored a couple of weeks ago, and then crickets.

What I'm reading into this is that Bookie, who's playing time diminshed as the season progressed, was facing the possibility of further reduction in PT with development of other options at NB.

Getting Wanya Morris in the portal was great. Having Bookie leaves is almost as good.

Personal foul would also have worked.

BOOkey sucks ass, is a complete piece of shit, and went to OU. That’s some sort of fecal trifecta. Fuck that clown. 

On 2/1/2021 at 10:16 AM, Fud said:

Per IT, Daniel Young is back with the team. This means there's less need for a RB transfer to help with depth, imo. 

Happy to hear that. It's nice to know that we're totally covered when we need someone to lose four yards on a slow developing outside run play on 4th and 1. 

Seriously - I'm glad Young's back. And I'm even happier that Tom Herman won't be calling the plays for him anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

BOOkey sucks ass, is a complete piece of shit, and went to OU. That’s some sort of fecal trifecta. Fuck that clown. 

7 hours ago, pacman said:

Yes, fuck that pendejo. He is practically a Stoops to me.

I'm surprised to see this level of vitriol from the UT fanbase. While he was well-liked by his coaches and teammates, his mistakes on the field were plentiful and painful. Outside of one play in the playoff game versus LSU, he wasn't a dirty player (he apologized for that one after the game).

There were many instances of Bookie making a good play on 2nd down, and then celebrating and talking trash to the point that he and is teammates weren't ready for the next play. The distraction would result in him getting burned on 3rd down.

If there were a player similar to him on a rival team, someone who could be relied upon to commit errors at critical times, I'd hope that he played for them forever.

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

7 hours ago, pacman said:

Yes, fuck that pendejo. He is practically a Stoops to me.

I'm surprised to see this level of vitriol from the UT fanbase. While he was well-liked by his coaches and teammates, his mistakes on the field were plentiful and painful. Outside of one play in the playoff game versus LSU, he wasn't a dirty player (he apologized for that one after the game).

There were many instances of Bookie making a good play on 2nd down, and then celebrating and talking trash to the point that he and is teammates weren't ready for the next play. The distraction would result in him getting burned on 3rd down.

If there were a player similar to him on a rival team, someone who could be relied upon to commit errors at critical times, I'd hope that he played for them forever.

1 hour ago, quigley said:

One of those guys that radiated assholery through the screen. Don't know how to put it other than he just seemed like a dick.

3 hours ago, quigley said:

Dude was consistently cheating and talking shit. And he went to ou. Fuck him and fuck ou. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, quigley said:

Yeah I don’t get it. He’s probably my favorite Sooner on the team currently. Always can count on him to get burned and/or get a PF each game. He’s a joy to watch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChemicalHorn said:

Yeah I don’t get it. He’s probably my favorite Sooner on the team currently. Always can count on him to get burned and/or get a PF each game. He’s a joy to watch.

Getting defensive holding on a play where the DL gets a sack is his specialty.

39 minutes ago, quigley said:

Getting defensive holding on a play where the DL gets a sack is his specialty.

But don't sell his teammates short.

Your whole secondary loves to hold like it's Couples Skate time. I can't believe Pat Fields hasn't been arrested for rape during a game.

20 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Stupid question. 

There seems to have been and to be a few Oline available. We are in desperate need of quality guys and depth. Are we not looking or none so far have matched with the right swipes?

We aren't desperate for "depth" and the known quality guys aren't available. The last thing you wanna do is reach for guys on the OL because they eat up roster spots for a long time when they don't pan out.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Atticus said:

We aren't desperate for "depth" and the known quality guys aren't available. The last thing you wanna do is reach for guys on the OL because they eat up roster spots for a long time when they don't pan out.

We should have a solid enough two deep next year. I would rather go big in 2022 and let Flood do his thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, Vertigo said:

We should have a solid enough two deep next year. I would rather go big in 2022 and let Flood do his thing. 

Certainly seems like the plan. If someone exceptional comes up than you spend the spot, otherwise bet on the skill of your coaches to pull in the right guys

On 2/2/2021 at 7:36 PM, quigley said:

What I'm reading into this is that Bookie, who's playing time diminshed was facing the possibility of further reduction in PT with development of other options at NB.  Getting Wanya Morris in the portal was great. Having Bookie leaves is almost as good.

But Bag-o-Dicks wants Bookie to stay... 😋

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

But Bag-o-Dicks wants Bookie to stay... 😋

As I've stated before, Bookie was
1. Apparently a good locker room guy. OU players like Bookie. Several of them have tweeted about how much he helped them.
2. Definitely overmatched on the field and prone to goofball mistakes
3. Supposedly got a big following in the SoCal high school football scene and at IMG.

Riley's got to achieve a few things with Bookie at this point:
1. Keep his locker room. His team likes Bookie. Why upset them?
2. Get better play at NB. Getting Bookie out gives more reps to players who fit better.
3. Recruit SoCal and IMG. OU just got a commit from a Mater Dei RB and will need to go back to SoCal and IMG annually.
Having Bookie leave on good terms fulfills all of those agendas.

Of all the guys OU's had portal out, there is only one you could say the OU coaches have said negative things about, and even that would be a stretch. When Rambo left, the WR coach retweeted a Devonta Smith quote about sticking through adversity. The OU staff has figured out that taking the high road is obviously the best way to handle things.

2 minutes ago, pacman said:

Could there be any other approach when the program is routinely taking in transfers to start over guys they are refusing to develop?

You know... OU is really due for some desert wandering. Let's get Lincoln to the NFL and have all of this transfer brewhaha become a huge issue. 

• Hook 'Em 1