2021 transfer thread

Machinator

22 hours ago, Fud said:

Off topic, but the extent of Scott Frost's failure at Nebraska is shocking to me 

Nebraska is OU's big non-conference game for 2021 (Norman, 50th anniversary of "game of the century") and 2022 (Lincoln). Sooners have been lucky (I guess) lately getting Tennessee and Nebraska in down cycles.

Scott Frost was QB for the Huskers for a couple of epic beatdowns of the Sooners in the 1990s (Huskers hung 70 on OU) both games. I don't think OU will hold back.

25 minutes ago, quigley said:

Norman, 50th anniversary of "game of the century"

While that moniker is subjective and applies to several 20th century games of #1 vs #2, "game of the century" on this website refers to the '69 Texas Arkansas game, Jethro.

• Hook 'Em 7

12 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Thought I read somewhere that he may be heading back to Tennessee?

There were reports that there was a paperwork issue holding him up, and that it might be significant enough to prevent him from transferring at all.  I don't think there's been any kind of official word either way.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Tate really should look at a school like SMU or Tulane/Tulsa.  SMU may not want him but he should now focus on somewhere he can play.    

Hell, why doesn't Jimbo kick the ol' tires on Tater. It would make a helluva lot more sense to have a mature QB from out of the portal than to regress back to 8-4 with the inexperience he will have, next year on both the OL and at QB.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF

20 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Hell, why doesn't Jimbo kick the ol' tires on Tater. It would make a helluva lot more sense to have a mature QB from out of the portal than to regress back to 8-4 with the inexperience he will have, next year on both the OL and at QB.

CHIEF

image.jpeg.231d01df4fa080d8ae05f7891fc62a65.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

Tate really should look at a school like SMU or Tulane/Tulsa.  SMU may not want him but he should now focus on somewhere he can play.    

I think we'd take him. Nothing wrong with depth. 

I mean, there's no chance in fuck he beats out both Mordecai and Stone, so I'm not sure why he'd want to come here. Seems like he'd take a flyer somewhere where he would start or have a chance to win some time in Spring training. 

(Or go somewhere like OU that has a great track record with developing QBs and doesn't really have an established QB2)

Edited by ztejas

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Or go somewhere like OU that has a great track record with developing QBs and doesn't really have an established QB2)

They already took a transfer (Micah Bowens from Penn State) but Caleb Williams' dad would literally shit on the floor if they took someone else. 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

His dad is Stockard, who played at OU. I guess OU's preference for tall DL may be the reason for no offer from the Sooners out of high school.

He was very productive at a high level of high school ball and now in college too. May be another case of lack of height obscuring that fact that he can just really play.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

They already took a transfer (Micah Bowens from Penn State) but Caleb Williams' dad would literally shit on the floor if they took someone else. 

Forgot about Bowens. Then I'm not sure why Tate would go to OU. Unless he's even shittier than we can imagine. 

26 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

Maybe there's something I'm not aware of here but that definitely seems like it wouldn't suck. 

They’re from 2019.  Something happened last season and he hardly played.  I would like to know what that something was before taking him.

3 hours ago, Scholz said:

While that moniker is subjective and applies to several 20th century games of #1 vs #2, "game of the century" on this website refers to the '69 Texas Arkansas game, Jethro.

That's why the quotation marks.

PS - How'd you figure out my name?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, quigley said:

His dad is Stockard, who played at OU. I guess OU's preference for tall DL may be the reason for no offer from the Sooners out of high school.

He was very productive at a high level of high school ball and now in college too. May be another case of lack of height obscuring that fact that he can just really play.

Looks like he took a step back at WSU.