Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

33 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Saw on Twitter that Bobby Taylor is sitting out the his first scrimmage and first game for social justice..  Aggy lock still?

they're going to need to give him a starting spot to get him, luckily for him he probably could start for them this year. of course, he didn't start last year for Katy so ... 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Isn’t bear a bigger name than a get at this point? He’s just been known forever, which is probably why he’s tired. 247 barely has him as a 4 star, but his composite is high. How good is this kid? Would he be an active and dynamic recruiter?

I think Gerry Hamilton was at a camp recently and said the Bear had lost a good bit of weight, down to maybe 300 lbs and looked a lot leaner and quicker.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Isn’t bear a bigger name than a get at this point? He’s just been known forever, which is probably why he’s tired. 247 barely has him as a 4 star, but his composite is high. How good is this kid? Would he be an active and dynamic recruiter?

247 isn't as high on him as the other services but I assume that will change once he actually plays a few downs of varsity at Ryan. As @Elmer_Fudd said, Hamilton has spoke highly of his physique recently so I'd be surprised if he flopped once he gets started at Ryan.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I think Gerry Hamilton was at a camp recently and said the Bear had lost a good bit of weight, down to maybe 300 lbs and looked a lot leaner and quicker.

Good to hear.  No way a 15/16 year old kid should be walking around at 350 pounds, even one as talented as Bear.  Hope he shows off the newly earned athleticism and makes a leap up the 247 board.

But knowing the rankings - he'll probably plummet because he's no longer 'SEC' size.

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Good to hear.  No way a 15/16 year old kid should be walking around at 350 pounds, even one as talented as Bear.  Hope he shows off the newly earned athleticism and makes a leap up the 247 board.

But knowing the rankings - he'll probably plummet because he's no longer 'SEC' size.

He's still a really big dude and hasn't played a down of varsity football, which probably explains the 247 ranking a bit. Bear looks to be in much better shape, even smaller than he was as a Freshman at Terrell where he did play varsity (and dominated)

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11463976/5be32c329677720b2cf3a9dc

He doesn't have the same first step that Coburn does, but he has a strong punch and active hands. Even as a fat Freshman where he could bullrush everybody, he used a few different pass rush moves. I'll be curious to see his tape this year, specifically for first step quickness and strength retention. He's an elite prospect. 

Also: Bear Alexander is doing exactly what the SEC corches hoped Vaka would do. Take football seriously and lose the bad weight. Vaka is still a fat fuck which is why he dropped. Alexander dropping weight will improve his ranking, no doubt.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

He's still a really big dude and hasn't played a down of varsity football, which probably explains the 247 ranking a bit. Bear looks to be in much better shape, even smaller than he was as a Freshman at Terrell where he did play varsity (and dominated)

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11463976/5be32c329677720b2cf3a9dc

He doesn't have the same first step that Coburn does, but he has a strong punch and active hands. Even as a fat Freshman where he could bullrush everybody, he used a few different pass rush moves. I'll be curious to see his tape this year, specifically for first step quickness and strength retention. He's an elite prospect. 

Also: Bear Alexander is doing exactly what the SEC corches hoped Vaka would do. Take football seriously and lose the bad weight. Vaka is still a fat fuck which is why he dropped. Alexander dropping weight will improve his ranking, no doubt.

I was literally about to make the Vaka comparison. 

27 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Does anyone know which way he's leaning? 

Seems like Texas, Aggy, or OU?

Between pro Texas parties in his high school program and Ewers + 2022 DFW recruiting momentum, Texas seems like it has some tailwinds here, but I'm not confident or anything 

This discussion of Alexander brought to my mind Kendell "Hulk" Jones. There are always going to be some big misses, but that kid really fell off the map. Granted, there were a ton of disappointments with the whole 2016 class (Delance, Fitzgerald, Elliott, Fowler...I need not go on), but Jones' free fall seemed especially breathtaking.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting