Jake Ehlinger found dead near campus

Machinator

My goodness, these photos are hard to take.  I have lost family members, all but one elderly . . . when a young one dies, it's just brutal.  I can't even imagine what Sam and his mom and sister are going through.  I saw it when my wife's nephew died and it was soul-crushing.  I never did figure out what to say to my SIL and her husband.  I hope hugs suffice.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My goodness, these photos are hard to take.  I have lost family members, all but one elderly . . . when a young one dies, it's just brutal.  I can't even imagine what Sam and his mom and sister are going through.  I saw it when my wife's nephew died and it was soul-crushing.  I never did figure out what to say to my SIL and her husband.  I hope hugs suffice.

Yea the pics are hitting hard. 3 days ago was death anniversary(not sure if that is what you call it) for one of my best friends. I just remember being with his mom a few weeks after he died and going through photo albums with her. That was rough as hell. I can't imagine what the family is going through

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

That picture is just gut wrenching.

Yeah, and as a dad it's really heartbreaking to think what that family has gone through.  I've had a few scares in my life after we had our kids, and it freaks me out a little bit to think of what would happen to them if something happened to me, or how would I deal with a tragedy with one of them.

• Hook 'Em 1