Texas @ TCU Series Thread

Horny Bull

19 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

The one that still is killing me is Hodo at second. Maybe it was Daly...I can’t recall who it was for sure. Ground ball at you or behind go—it’s that fucking simple. His secondary lead didn’t even make the decision hard so there’s no excuse. 

Yeah it was Daly in the 3rd and he fucking knows better. That's the worst mistake I've seen him make this year, he's been solid with baseball iq.

2 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

It’s ok to win the conference too. Making excuses for not finishing first is aggy. 

Omg!!! Not winning the conference!! What’re we gonna do!?!? Oh? Highly surpass expectations and set us up in a good position to host till Omaha? And tcu doesn’t want to face Texas in Omaha. Ask Baylor about playing us in our home away from home

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Not entirely. This team gets on base. Not all prior versions did that.

I didn’t see today’s game, but Kennedy needs to get going. But bunting incessantly does not help you find your groove. He had some good swings Friday.

If Zubia hits one ball today we probably win or at least get into extra innings. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, chase25 said:

2nd in the country in walks (254), 4 walks behind the team we are currently playing (they have played 4 less games)

.278 team batting average.

405 strikeouts in 1609 ABs which is a 25% strikeout rate. Arkansas is striking out a 26% rate and TCU is striking out at a 24% rate. Two teams that the average Texas fan who complains about the offense would point too as teams they wish the offense would be like when it is exactly like those teams. Its why we lead the nation in wins right now at 37 with a pitching staff that is 2nd to none. 

Today Texas had 13 base runners (9 hits and 4 walks). TCU had 7 base runners (6 hits and a walk)... Baseball be like that sometimes. Just couldn't buy a hit with runners in scoring position along with a plethora of base running mistakes.

There is nothing wrong with this teams offensive approach other than Zubia takes too many pitches at times (but is also why he is 2nd on the team in walks with 40) and Eric is mind fucked at the plate because he can't by a hit and his confidence is shattered due to the fact that Pierce tells him to bunt on at least 50% of his ABs it seems like.

There are 5 guys on this team getting on base at higher than a .400 clip.. That is damn good.

Yeah. I'm not sure there is any team in the country that you can say is clearly better than Texas right now. Or TCU for that matter. It's going to come down to who has the best stuff and hits the best and plays the cleanest in the CWS and that team will most likely win. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Omg!!! Not winning the conference!! What’re we gonna do!?!? Oh? Highly surpass expectations and set us up in a good position to host till Omaha? And tcu doesn’t want to face Texas in Omaha. Ask Baylor about playing us in our home away from home

To add to this, we didn’t win the conference in 03 and we finished 3rd(?) in the cws. We didn’t win the conference in 05 and that turned out alright. We won the conference in 06 and 07 and those 2 seasons still make me want to vomit. Ughhh 06 with Stubbs, McCullough, Alaniz, Kasperek, Danks, Russell, Wheeless, Bradley Suttle, People’s, Kainer and Randy Boone. We should’ve cake walked to the Omaha but nope. Similar shit in 07. Kyle Russell and Jordan Danks in the same outfield was unfair. Peoples was still around. Preston Clark and Moldenhaurer were great that season. Wheeleess back. Same with Alaniz and Kasparek. James Russell was a great Friday night starter. Austin wood was solid that year. Joseph Kreps and Randy Boone coming out of the bullpen we’re filthy. But yeah we lost in the regional. Same shit in08 but we were pretty young that year. Pisses me off so much we didn’t get to see Jordan Danks and Kyle Russell at Rosenblatt. Russell would’ve gone deep like every other AB

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Goodman said:

Yeah it was Daly in the 3rd and he fucking knows better. That's the worst mistake I've seen him make this year, he's been solid with baseball iq.

Him and Faltine are bringing back memories of Hinojosa and Marlow at short and second turning double plays. Assuming cam and Melendez come back, we’re gonna be fucking loaded next year. Hopefully Austin Todd finally gets a healthy season. Dude deserves it 

Guest Lobo

I like the analysis fellas.  I would propose we take a shit in TCU's mom's mouth this morning and win this fucking series.  I really don't care for that program all of a sudden.

And not to be the “we’ve dealt with injuries” guy but I mean we have. We probably sweep ou and Baylor and Okie liite with Hansen being the Sunday dude all year. Then Austin Todd gets hurt(again) like 2 weeks if that into the season then Hodo comes in and locked down right field for the next 2 years. Cam fucked something up a few weeks ago and he’s just now getting back into the swing of things. And of course before the season even starts, Duplantier is out for the year. Oh and Faltine, Hodo, Sila, Daly, Cam, Stehly, Kennedy(he has to turn it around at some point, right?) a good chunk of our pitching staff coming back and another like Top 5 recruiting class coming in. The pieces are there to make a 2000-2011 run again. The way Texas baseball outta be 

Edited by Fletch

8 hours ago, Goodman said:

It's not like Melendez was going to turn that routine 6-3 into an infield single. It was a fielder's choice for the 2nd out of the inning and the next batter got out: ugly but Inconsequential.

Yes, Daly's head was up his ass. True freshman up and down the roster that unfortunately have to make these mistakes to learn from them. They were all just reminded of this base running fundamental so hopefully it spares us something similar in the post season. Same can be said for that standing outside the batters box "K" from Friday night. Look at these fuckups as investments in young players toward a CWS run.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, chase25 said:

2nd in the country in walks (254), 4 walks behind the team we are currently playing (they have played 4 less games)

.278 team batting average.

405 strikeouts in 1609 ABs which is a 25% strikeout rate. Arkansas is striking out a 26% rate and TCU is striking out at a 24% rate. Two teams that the average Texas fan who complains about the offense would point too as teams they wish the offense would be like when it is exactly like those teams. Its why we lead the nation in wins right now at 37 with a pitching staff that is 2nd to none. 

Today Texas had 13 base runners (9 hits and 4 walks). TCU had 7 base runners (6 hits and a walk)... Baseball be like that sometimes. Just couldn't buy a hit with runners in scoring position along with a plethora of base running mistakes.

There is nothing wrong with this teams offensive approach other than Zubia takes too many pitches at times (but is also why he is 2nd on the team in walks with 40) and Eric is mind fucked at the plate because he can't by a hit and his confidence is shattered due to the fact that Pierce tells him to bunt on at least 50% of his ABs it seems like.

There are 5 guys on this team getting on base at higher than a .400 clip.. That is damn good.

Well, Ok then, young feller.

8 hours ago, Goodman said:

I think that's the classic example of "wanting it too much."  He knows better, but wanted to get on third so bad . . . .  Seems a bit of a common theme this series.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Well, Ok then, young feller.

This is one of the better hitting Texas teams in quite a while.

It doesn't look quite like our mid-2000s teams, but does anyone?  I think the changes to the bats really hurt us some years back with the emphasis on defense and speed that Garrido recruited to (or Harmon or Nicholson or whoever).

I'm not sure anyone really rakes the way some of us more mature fellows are kind of used to seeing.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Not entirely. This team gets on base. Not all prior versions did that.

I didn’t see today’s game, but Kennedy needs to get going. But bunting incessantly does not help you find your groove. He had some good swings Friday.

Kennedy is almost a guaranteed out.  Beast in the outfield & on the bases though, when he actually gets on.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

And not to be the “we’ve dealt with injuries” guy but I mean we have. We probably sweep ou and Baylor and Okie liite with Hansen being the Sunday dude all year. Then Austin Todd gets hurt(again) like 2 weeks if that into the season then Hodo comes in and locked down right field for the next 2 years. Cam fucked something up a few weeks ago and he’s just now getting back into the swing of things. And of course before the season even starts, Duplantier is out for the year. Oh and Faltine, Hodo, Sila, Daly, Cam, Stehly, Kennedy(he has to turn it around at some point, right?) a good chunk of our pitching staff coming back and another like Top 5 recruiting class coming in. The pieces are there to make a 2000-2011 run again. The way Texas baseball outta be 

I’d give my left nut for Todd to be healthy right now. Hodo in left, Jersey Mike in center, Todd in right and not a bases loaded 2 out bunt in sight. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, chase25 said:

There are certain fans who have been convinced this is a bad offensive team since the first series in Arlington. And they've been squawking about it all season, despite any evidence to the contrary. 

• Hook 'Em 6