2021 Longhorn Injuries/Availability Updates

LTtxfan

55 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Well shit, that's a huge loss. Is Barron back this week?

Monday before toads game

During Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian’s Monday press conference, he said that the injury situation is “status quo.” Since redshirt freshman wide receiver Troy Omeire (knee) is not listed on the depth chart and neither is sophomore cornerback Jahdae Barron (knee), both are presumably out for this weekend’s game against TCU. Freshman cornerback Ishmael Ibraheem is no longer on the depth chart after suffering a season-ending knee injury against Rice. 

Obviously Josh Thompson was added to injury list after getting injured in practice middle of the week.    (concussion - will miss tcu game) 

It was reported earlier this week that Joshua Moore was also injured in practice, but SARK said yesterday that J.Moore is "good to go".   (ankle) 

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Any word on Jacoby Jones? I felt our run defense and overall defensive front went to absolute shit after he went out. Brooks did most of his work off tackle where Jones is usually positioned. 

Saw him in a boot and on crutches in the tunnel post-game. Probably a nasty sprain. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Horns247 reporting that Whittington out for okie lite game... 

Marcus Washington report to the floor. 
With the way he has been playing I know he can bring that dawg mentality.

Maybe I’m optimistic but forgive me for not being to worried. 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

"Typically patients are placed into a sling for a week or two to allow for healing of the incision, and then allowed gradual activity. Most clavicle fractures heal after about 6 to 12 weeks."    Fingers crossed West Virginia

Fingers crossed, B12 Championship Game !!! 🤘

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Sarkisian on if he expects Whittington back this year: "I think we're going to rehab Jordan and play it by ear. It'd be great to get him back, whether it's a possible Big 12 championship or bowl game. I know he wants to work back. I just saw him. He looks good, but it's a bone and we've got to see how that heals. We'll see how long it takes."

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 11:28 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Per Sarkisian:   DeMarvion Overshown is back at practice after his concussion. Kitan Crawford remains day-to-day with his hamstring issue.

Play Cook at safety if you have to while using a 3-4 set-up, and a lot more snaps for Ford.

• Hook 'Em 1

Really banged up for Kansas game -- rumor is they may not have Bijan

Inside Texas

The story of the week — well, other than Bo Davis’ well-received tirade — is health. Since IT has been doing practice notes over the last 10 years we can’t recall this much injury uncertainty heading into a game. Along with bruised egos, there are a number of guys who are maybe for Saturday. The good news is, not a lot of players are sure to be out at this point, and some players who were held out earlier in the week returned today.

Health concerns necessarily alter practice format. Some guys have briefly switched positions to shore up depth; the coaches are not worried about pace as much as teaching; they did more 7 on 7 than in recent weeks; etc.

IT would predict Casey Thompson gets the nod to start this week but also that Hudson Card will likely play. Either way, KU will be planning to see both.

Kansas could catch Texas at a better place (in Lawrence) but not at a better time. Unless….the team responds positively to the Bo Davis outburst having become public. Then it could be a very bad time. We get the sense Davis’ viral oration might have been a wake-up call to the players — not just from Davis himself but the support he received nearly unanimously from football people and fans alike.

As an example of a possibly re-focused team, we would have privately predicted a couple players to miss time on Saturday who may actually play now.

Per Nahlin:

Wide receiver Jordan Whittington could return for West Virginia next weekend. That’s on the optimistic but possible side of his return. Obviously the team needs him back in a major way as Sarkisian looks for as many proof of concept games as possible to sell recruits.

I’d personally have Bijan Robinson upgraded to questionable, but maybe leaning towards the probable side of things. 

Roschon Johnson should be good enough to go. He practiced on Wednesday.

6 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Any confirmation on Bijan and Worthy injuries?  I don’t see us running the table without them. 

Ummmm could you be more specific...WHICH table did you have in mind?

[Edit: yes, i got the sarcasm in your post]

Edited by ut1978

IT Scoop:

Running Back Injuries

We’ll let Sark discuss injuries in his press conference this morning but IT believes Bijan Robinson is done for the year. He was already banged up before the elbow/forearm injury he suffered on Saturday. We’d also be surprised if Jonathon Brooks played again this year. Look for Keilan Robinson to return and to pair with Roschon Johnson.

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IT Scoop:

Running Back Injuries

We’ll let Sark discuss injuries in his press conference this morning but IT believes Bijan Robinson is done for the year. He was already banged up before the elbow/forearm injury he suffered on Saturday. We’d also be surprised if Jonathon Brooks played again this year. Look for Keilan Robinson to return and to pair with Roschon Johnson.

From the deepest position on the roster to the thinnest in 2 weeks.