Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

13 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Those videos off CeeDee and Dak are totally on Dak. He’s not right and has regressed. Something needs to change ASAP

we need to go after aaron rodgers or russell wilson. our roster is good enough to win big if we had anyone even remotely competent playing quarterback. dak is dumb as a fucking board and terrible at football. it’s time to get rid of him while other teams still believe he has value. 

Those videos off CeeDee and Dak are totally on Dak. He’s not right and has regressed. Something needs to change ASAP

It’s called shitty coaching for sure, possible injury maybe. Doug Nussmeier is a shitty QB coach combined with Kellen Moore who spends all his time drawing up neato plays on his tablet. McCarthy didn’t even interview Jon Kitna, who gave Dak his two best years. Why would Fat Mike do that? Fuck him.

Kitna is coaching In Burleson; go get him back.

43 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

It’s called shitty coaching for sure, possible injury maybe. Doug Nussmeier is a shitty QB coach combined with Kellen Moore who spends all his time drawing up neato plays on his tablet. McCarthy didn’t even interview Jon Kitna, who gave Dak his two best years. Why would Fat Mike do that? Fuck him.

Kitna is coaching In Burleson; go get him back.

All is probably true. Dak missed basic throws, and coaching isn’t an excuse. 

9 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Does this story sound familiar to anyone? A long time back, say about the Dave Campo era, Jones interviewed Pete Carroll. Carroll says let's do this, I'm ready to sign - then Jones makes him an offer that would have made him the lowest paid coach in the NFL... Needless to say, Carroll told Jones to pound sand.

It brings up another question: When Jerry hired McBarnyard, what other head coaches got hired that year? Anyone notable that Jones should have taken the time to interview. As I recall, Jones rushed out and hired this shithead without talking to anybody else.

Not at all. I’ve never heard that story.

Just now, lilMAC25 said:

Coaching is a clear failure with the pre snap BS. Also, onfield discipline is directly related to coaching.

so in that sense, coaching is to blame.

No shit. I’m not excusing coaching but won’t excuse Dak either. Some here appear to be doing the latter. Why?  

57 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

No shit. I’m not excusing coaching but won’t excuse Dak either. Some here appear to be doing the latter. Why?  

In no way am I defending Dak. Dak played super shitty.

Dak, however, isn’t responsible for the 87 penalties by the rest of the team. 

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1

Fat Mike was in charge of timeout usage and penalties and the Cowboys would get an F in both categories. Most penalized team in the NFL and it never improved. 

Jimmy G put up 6 points with an INT and won a playoff game. 49ers defense held the Packers to 10 points, Cowboys to 17. Bengals defense held the Titans to 16 points with multiple turnovers.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sean McVay took Jared Goff to a SB. Kyle Shanahan might take a couple different QBs to a SB.

Even beyond shiny weapons a lot of Super Bowl teams have multiple Pro Bowlers in the defensive front 7. Outside of QB- defensive talent has proven to be more impactful in January. Von Miller, Aaron Donald, Fletcher Cox, Vita Vea. I mean the list goes on and on.

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

Rumor about Sean Payton not returning to Nola. If he’s available you move on from McCarthy

Fuck, I’d consider offering a 1st round pick to NO to get Payton.

Might not have to do that though. Just fire Fat Mike right now, hire Payton 5 minutes later. Make him the highest paid coach in the NFL.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Eh maybe.  I'm thinking they have a couple of the best offenses lead by the best young QBs In the NFL.  I mean discipline is important, but having talent is urgent.  

Talent doesn’t count for shit if a team is undisciplined and stupid. In the NFL the levels of talent are distributed fairly equally except at QB. The average margin of victory is around three points. The things that deliver victory often come down to mistakes: turnover differential, penalty lost total yardage, bad clock management. Obviously there are other factors but if you make mistakes the other team is given an advantage to overcome the general parity.

Dallas is a poorly disciplined team and they lead the league in lost total penalty yards. Jerry needs a coach that demands accountability and error free ball. Doesn’t have to be an add joke; Bill Walsh was a nice guy but his players were disciplined.

Dallas is undisciplined, they ran a dumb play up the middle with no time outs. That said, it's annoying to see so many tweets after one team or another wins a game. Chiefs did it in 13 second, refs didn't spot the ball in Rams game, Burrow has more playoff wins than Dak and so on. Those were some of the best games I have seen in a long time, yet so many need to drag the Cowboys sorry ass into every discussion.  So I'm all for Jerry making a coaching change the week of the super bowl, just to see all these haters go off about Jerry stealing headlines, when they can't leave the Cowboys out of any discussion, ever. "Talking about the miracle of ice, what's your favorite memory of that game?"

"First off, the Cowboys lost the ice bowl, secondly, I'm not sure the Cowboys ever have won a cold weather game and thirdly,  have they ever won a gold medal? But these kids, most of whom never played in the NHL won gold?!? I mean come on Dallas?"

20 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Fuck, I’d consider offering a 1st round pick to NO to get Payton.

Might not have to do that though. Just fire Fat Mike right now, hire Payton 5 minutes later. Make him the highest paid coach in the NFL.

Does it work that way? For some reason I thought the Cowboys would still have to give the Saints something for the rights to him as the Saints retain those rights through 2024, whether he quits or not. No?

Pay wouldn't be an issue. Payton is already one of the highest paid coaches in the league, and I think I read he's got about $45M left on his contract over the next 3 years, but Jerry could/would top that easily.

Either way, I can just about guarantee conversations have taken place.

18 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Sean Payton would most likely require personnel or final roster control if he goes somewhere else, he won't get that as long as Jerrah is alive.

I'd agree with this with just about anyone but Sean Payton. It's been fairly widely reported that Jerry and Sean have some kind of unique respect for each other.

48 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

I'd agree with this with just about anyone but Sean Payton. It's been fairly widely reported that Jerry and Sean have some kind of unique respect for each other.

Exactly. I’d guess Jerry would give Sean more control than he’d give most coaches.

Talent doesn’t count for shit if a team is undisciplined and stupid. In the NFL the levels of talent are distributed fairly equally except at QB. The average margin of victory is around three points. The things that deliver victory often come down to mistakes: turnover differential, penalty lost total yardage, bad clock management. Obviously there are other factors but if you make mistakes the other team is given an advantage to overcome the general parity.

Dallas is a poorly disciplined team and they lead the league in lost total penalty yards. Jerry needs a coach that demands accountability and error free ball. Doesn’t have to be an add joke; Bill Walsh was a nice guy but his players were disciplined.

Nah. Most penalties are result of getting beat

You hold when you’re getting beat
You commit interference when you’re getting beat
You put your hands in somebody’s face when you’re getting beat.
Etc.

Procedure/offsides/delay kind of things. Yes those are discipline.

The rest is not some player walking up to the line and brain farting. It’s once the play starts the talent across the ball starting to whip said player’s ass and him trying to avoid it.

In the last game Randy Gregory was the main culprit of some dumbshit discipline penalties (though I will even give him the first offsides with the Williams Wiggle that should be a false start…like an umpire with a questionable strike zone though once you’ve seen it and know how it’s being called you gotta adjust and the Cowboys didn’t)

The delay was the result of a stupid coaching decision.

Most of the other stuff is there are still a lot weak points on this squad or hidden weak points (for example Tyron Smith is simply an average lineman now living off past reputation) They get physically beat and they commit a penalty.

Also those weak points could be talent. It could be coaching and scheme. So not saying these are a bunch of athletic spares. Nor am In saying Dallas doesn’t have some discipline issues to sort through…but it’s not a primary culprit in why they are losing.

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Nah. Most penalties are result of getting beat

You hold when you’re getting beat
You commit interference when you’re getting beat
You put your hands in somebody’s face when you’re getting beat.
Etc.

Procedure/offsides/delay kind of things. Yes those are discipline.

The rest is not some player walking up to the line and brain farting. It’s once the play starts the talent across the ball starting to whip said player’s ass and him trying to avoid it.

In the last game Randy Gregory was the main culprit of some dumbshit discipline penalties (though I will even give him the first offsides with the Williams Wiggle that should be a false start…like an umpire with a questionable strike zone though once you’ve seen it and know how it’s being called you gotta adjust and the Cowboys didn’t)

The delay was the result of a stupid coaching decision.

Most of the other stuff is there are still a lot weak points on this squad or hidden weak points (for example Tyron Smith is simply an average lineman now living off past reputation) They get physically beat and they commit a penalty.

Also those weak points could be talent. It could be coaching and scheme. So not saying these are a bunch of athletic spares.

IIRC, on a couple of the Gregory offsides Williams kicked his feet multiple times before the snap. 

also, on the delay after the fake punt (leaving the punt team on the field after that play was mind numbingly idiotic)… the official held Dallas for multiple seconds after the 9ers had substituted and THEN called the delay the instant the play clock hit zero, which is NOT the standard.

Edited by lilMAC25

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Jerry immaculates his head coaches and compromises their authority.  Even Bill Parcells had to accept Terrell Owens despite wanting no part of coaching him. How can a couch discipline his team when the team knows he's not the boss of them? 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Jerry immaculates his head coaches and compromises their authority.  Even Bill Parcells had to accept Terrell Owens despite wanting no part of coaching him. How can a couch discipline his team when the team knows he's not the boss of them? 

I do not think this word means what you think it means.

• Haha 1

Wrt the red holding the ball to let SF Sun after the fake punt- that is per the rules. It’s on the Cowboys for not knowing that. 

As to a new coach- any coach that takes this job is a dumb coach. They’re agreeing to work for and with a GM that gave a huge second contract to a RB and gave a multi year huge contract to a QB with poor arm talent (in two years, the Cowboys will be playing some third round draft pick at QB, and he will be doing as well as Dak), a contract that they will be forced to eat. Jerry Jones is one of the crappiest GMs in league history. 

I doubt Payton would do much better than any of the last 20-something years of Cowboys coaches. Hmmmm...had a hall of fame qb for almost his entire stint, won one Superbowl. Sound familiar? 

Find a young mind that is an innovator, not a total system guy, can keep up with the modern game. These oldass retreads don't seem to work. The only one I would be half way excited about is Belichick, and he would probably flop, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Wrt the red holding the ball to let SF Sun after the fake punt- that is per the rules. It’s on the Cowboys for not knowing that. 

As to a new coach- any coach that takes this job is a dumb coach. They’re agreeing to work for and with a GM that gave a huge second contract to a RB and gave a multi year huge contract to a QB with poor arm talent (in two years, the Cowboys will be playing some third round draft pick at QB, and he will be doing as well as Dak), a contract that they will be forced to eat. Jerry Jones is one of the crappiest GMs in league history. 

Go watch that play again, the 9ers had completed their substitution for around 5 seconds and were set to play. Then the foul was called essentially simultaneously with the play clock hitting zero which is NOT the standard.

Edited by lilMAC25

On 1/23/2022 at 8:41 AM, Porterhouse said:

All is probably true. Dak missed basic throws, and coaching isn’t an excuse. 

This^^^^ People saying the overtime rules were to blame in the KC v Buffalo game did not watch any of the Cowboy vs 49ers playoff game. Bad throws, dropped passes and stupid penalties at times of need were present the entire Cowboy vs 49ers game on both sides. While clutch passes, clutch catches and a clean game were the only things present in last nights game. Cowboys and 49ers go into overtime and they probably stumble over each other to get to a second and would have people wishing that deepest penetration is the winner.