Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

On 2/14/2022 at 9:48 PM, Hermanator said:

Stafford isn't that much better than Dak. He may not be any better. He had 2 interceptions and it took a last minute drive with a gifted 1st down on a BS holding call on 3rd and goal for them to barely break 20 and win. The refs gave them chance after chance with calls on contact they hadn't been calling all game. 

Their defense won that game. Stafford just survived it with a big boost from the refs. 

You’re an idiot. He’s significantly better than Dak. 

On 2/14/2022 at 11:16 PM, Catdaddyhorn said:

Stafford literally led the league in INTs this year yet people are using this season as a reason to firm up his HOF accolades. Fucking nuts. 

Not by a long shot. Burrow, Mahomes, Allen and Herbert all in top 10 and within 4 of Stafford’s total. Stafford was also 2nd in TDs thrown and 3rd in yards. 

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

This organization is so poorly run it's maddening. Cowboy fans deserve so much better than this shit carpetbagger family

Do Cowboys deserve better?  Have you been to a game. I don’t think there is a deserving fan base that attends games that exists in today’s NFL. 

20 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Jerrah paying off the cheerleaders and then trying to bury is so on brand, considering he probably wouldn't survive in the #metoo era if he was in his lecherous prime.  Now that it's out, Dalrymple will probably be given his golden parachute and enjoy a soft landing retirement and this will leave the media cycle without any systemic change.  Maybe he's guilty, maybe he's not, but the taking upskirt photos of Jerrah's adult daughter is very weird to just shrug off. 

And it's shit like this is why the owners haven't forced Danny S to sell.  They're all scared they have this issue or have already had it.  Maybe we get lucky and Jerrah can't bear the strain....

He retired like a week or two ago. No doubt when espn approached him with info of this pending story

Listening to Norm Hitzges this morning talking about how he just called Rich two days ago to tell him how much they'll miss him had me laughing. 

First there was Cuban's house of sexual harassment for over a decade and now Jerry's right hand man is a peeping Tom. What's next in DFW sports? Jon Daniels going to be revealed as a child molester?

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Jerrah paying off the cheerleaders and then trying to bury is so on brand, considering he probably wouldn't survive in the #metoo era if he was in his lecherous prime.  Now that it's out, Dalrymple will probably be given his golden parachute and enjoy a soft landing retirement and this will leave the media cycle without any systemic change.  Maybe he's guilty, maybe he's not, but the taking upskirt photos of Jerrah's adult daughter is very weird to just shrug off. 

And it's shit like this is why the owners haven't forced Danny S to sell.  They're all scared they have this issue or have already had it.  Maybe we get lucky and Jerrah can't bear the strain....

Dalrymple retired a few weeks ago.  The conspicuous absence of any fanfare or well wishes from the Cowboys following his announcement last month suddenly makes sense.  

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Curious as to how all this leaked, 6-7 years later. 

Jerry couldn’t stand not being in the news for over a couple weeks.  He probably has a whole pile of shit he can leak out at any moment. 
Needs something to bridge the time before draft rumors.  
prediction: if things get too quiet, Dak trade rumors. 

I've been around Dalrumplestiltskin whatever a few times during Cowboys media things. He always seemed like kind of a prick who was above everything. So not shocked, especially within the culture of the Jerryverse. I fear that it could lead to some huge NFL investigation that will drag out like the thing with Washington. Though on the bright side maybe Jerry would end up being forced out. Nawww, that ain't gonna happen. Too much of an NFL cash cow.

6 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

Rich Dalrymple should have gotten pro tips from @Burt before nailing his coffin shut

As a girls high school coach, my first pro tip would be to never go into a girl's locker room.  Ever.  Now if he wants tips for things seen out in the wild, I'd be willing to train him for a fee.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DougO said:

I've been around Dalrumplestiltskin whatever a few times during Cowboys media things. He always seemed like kind of a prick who was above everything. So not shocked, especially within the culture of the Jerryverse. I fear that it could lead to some huge NFL investigation that will drag out like the thing with Washington. Though on the bright side maybe Jerry would end up being forced out. Nawww, that ain't gonna happen. Too much of an NFL cash cow.

I only covered a handful of Cowboys games/practices over my nearly 10 years at the Startle-Gram and I never got any good vibes from the guy. As you said, he had an air of smugness/arrogance to him. Again, I was pretty low on the totem pole, though. Pretty sure those who regularly covered the team had a much more favorable view of him. I was the backup Stars writer for a couple of seasons and helped a lot with the Rangers and Mavericks over the years. This is still pretty shocking, which in and of itself, is amazing considering it's Jerry and the Cowboys.

47 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I only covered a handful of Cowboys games/practices over my nearly 10 years at the Startle-Gram and I never got any good vibes from the guy. As you said, he had an air of smugness/arrogance to him. Again, I was pretty low on the totem pole, though. Pretty sure those who regularly covered the team had a much more favorable view of him. I was the backup Stars writer for a couple of seasons and helped a lot with the Rangers and Mavericks over the years. This is still pretty shocking, which in and of itself, is amazing considering it's Jerry and the Cowboys.

Yeah, he was definitely buddied up with the in-crowd. Aikman thought a lot of him. Maybe he was privy to the juicy stuff.

5 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

The thing with Charlotte doesn't seem to hold much water. If it had there's no way in hell she'd been okay with continuing to work with Dalrymple, for 6+ years.

Agreed. The only way it could've gone down is Dalrymple was just fucking around in a "guys will be guys" situation and was acting as if he was going to do an upskirt pic. I'm sure Charlotte Britches has been subjected to some questionable behavior by her brothers/husband/dad over the years.

6 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

The thing with Charlotte doesn't seem to hold much water. If it had there's no way in hell she'd been okay with continuing to work with Dalrymple, for 6+ years.

It depends. When you have the ability to bring down the whole kit and caboodle of the most valuable sports organization on planet earth you may get a little room to operate regardless of your weird peccadilloes. Dalrymple holds the keys to all of the Cowboys secrets over the past 30 years. That sort of power means he had to be dealt with  delicately. 

On 2/16/2022 at 2:10 PM, Hermanator said:

Listening to Norm Hitzges this morning talking about how he just called Rich two days ago to tell him how much they'll miss him had me laughing. 

First there was Cuban's house of sexual harassment for over a decade and now Jerry's right hand man is a peeping Tom. What's next in DFW sports? Jon Daniels going to be revealed as a child molester?

And Jim Knox remains free. 

59 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And Jim Knox remains free. 

What happened with him? I saw him at a Westlake playoff game a few months ago and wondered what the hell he was doing there. Apparently he has some kind of job with the school. Seems like a steep drop.

1 minute ago, DougO said:

What happened with him? I saw him at a Westlake playoff game a few months ago and wondered what the hell he was doing there. Apparently he has some kind of job with the school. Seems like a steep drop.

Maybe his weirdness finally got him fired. He has been doing stuff with the austin pro rugby team too. 

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

What did Jim Knox do?

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There’s no telling

3 hours ago, DougO said:

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe his weirdness finally got him fired. He has been doing stuff with the austin pro rugby team too. 

Knox lived in my neighborhood (/csb) until recently. I used to see him in the park right across the street from his house running his kids through football and baseball drills all the time. He's a complete douchebag. Completely over-bearing. His sons might murder him some day. Knox got booted out of a youth basketball game as coach for arguing with referees, apparently nearly started a fight. My kids played against his in football and basketball. "Recruited" kids basically since they were the private school team against Park Cities schools. Held way more practices than allowed, ran up the score with trick plays and such. He's a piece of shit.

I knew he sold the house but had no idea he'd resurfaced in Austin. There were some pretty salacious rumors about Knoxie from when I was at UT (early 90's) when he was on the TV scene down there.

Damn that sucks. I always thought he got into hilarious shit on TV during the broadcasts and he did a good job pretending to be a fun loving easy going guy. Only interaction I had with him was during a rangers game when he was going all over the stadium like a mad man finding people interesting enough to put on tv

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Damn that sucks. I always thought he got into hilarious shit on TV during the broadcasts and he did a good job pretending to be a fun loving easy going guy. Only interaction I had with him was during a rangers game when he was going all over the stadium like a mad man finding people interesting enough to put on tv

Son was on a flag football team when they were 9 or 10 and at one of our games there was an older dude (Knox's dad or FIL) who was fucking videotaping so Knox could scout it for the next week's game against the team were playing (Knox's team's big rival in the league).

2 hours ago, SurlyBDR said:

*best "scouting" department? 

FB-IMG-1645160130057.jpg

If they actually have a quarnerback, he's by default the best one.

By the way, rush down to the nearest Academy store and you can pick up "Cowboys Run The East" and "Playoff 20-21" (WTF?) t-shirts on the  clearance rack for about $8. Get them while supplies last!

20817474?$pdp-gallery-ng$

Edited by DougO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, DougO said:

Yeah, saw him at a game in Westlake as well, was up in the stands getting sideways with the WL students.

Fish rots at the head.  Ouster Jerrah and his clan from the NFL.

Time to move on. NFL will not be investigating. The former cheerleaders who have podcasts and take strong positions against the team are surprised it was Dalyrimple. This is nothing like what Snyder was doing. It was a single incident of one dude being a perv. Wasn’t like the 20+ year Philly peephole situation either.

5 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Time to move on. NFL will not be investigating. The former cheerleaders who have podcasts and take strong positions against the team are surprised it was Dalyrimple. This is nothing like what Snyder was doing. It was a single incident of one dude being a perv. Wasn’t like the 20+ year Philly peephole situation either.

Yep, ain’t going to happen but welcome anything that might open a door to get rid of Jerry no matter how remote.

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

There were some pretty salacious rumors about Knoxie from when I was at UT (early 90's) when he was on the TV scene down there.

Some colleagues who graduated from Tyler Lee in the early 90s said he was a known poon hound when he was covering high school games for KETK.

4 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Yeah, saw him at a game in Westlake as well, was up in the stands getting sideways with the WL students.

He was wandering around on the sidelines when I saw him, with no mic or any kind of equipment. My buddy actually went up to him and asked him what he was up to since he had seen him on Fox Sports, and he told him he was working for Westlake and it was just "time for a change."

2 hours ago, DougO said:

He was wandering around on the sidelines when I saw him, with no mic or any kind of equipment. My buddy actually went up to him and asked him what he was up to since he had seen him on Fox Sports, and he told him he was working for Westlake and it was just "time for a change."

I saw him on Bevo Blvd while walking over to Exes center. I was hammered but managed to get out a “what’s up knoxie”. He looked at me like he wanted to bench press my face. I gave him the McConaughey Horns and stuck out my tongue while tripping over the curb. We both lost in that exchange. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/18/2022 at 12:50 AM, C-Man said:

Son was on a flag football team when they were 9 or 10 and at one of our games there was an older dude (Knox's dad or FIL) who was fucking videotaping so Knox could scout it for the next week's game against the team were playing (Knox's team's big rival in the league).

I can confirm C-Man speaks truth. He’s a total YMCA doucher, and I have seen all kinds of shenanigans as a coach there for the last 8 years.