Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

On 2/18/2022 at 9:14 AM, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

please tell me 52 will be replaced. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2022-nfl-free-agency-pff-s-most-underrated-list-features-a-surprise-dallas-cowboys-player/ar-AAU6iKQ?ocid=msedgntp

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-nfl-free-agency-underrated-free-agent-every-position

G: CONNOR WILLIAMS, DALLAS COWBOYS

Yes, I know — the penalties are an issue, as Williams committed an NFL-leading 17 penalties in 2021 that led to being benched for a short stretch during the season. Even with all of those plays baked into the PFF grading system, Williams still finished as a top-10 graded guard for the 2021 season (75.2) and has been one of the NFL’s 15-most valuable guards in back-to-back seasons. The penalties should regress in 2022, as they weren’t an issue before. He’s not going to be one of the five highest-paid guards in free agency and likely will receive something akin to a three-year, $20 million deal. However, it doesn’t matter the scheme, if a team needs a guard, it should pursue Williams over the much pricier options.

2022 NFL Free Agency: Updated landing spots for PFF's top 50 free agents | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

38. G CONNOR WILLIAMS, DALLAS COWBOYS

Prediction: Arizona Cardinals — Three years, $20 million ($12.5 million guaranteed)

Williams has improved each year he’s played for the Cowboys. In 2021, Williams recorded a 75.2 PFF grade — his highest since entering the league — and only allowed 22 pressures, which is a career-low. The Cardinals need help at guard, and Williams can stabilize a unit that looked shaky to end the year, especially with the type of interior rushers in the NFC West.

Connor Williams is the most penalized player in football.

17 calls, 14 taken, 1 pre-snap.

14 holds, 1 false start, 1 unsportsmanlike conduct, and 1 chop-block.

he is the human drive-killer.

Edited by slorch

TM with a very late regurgitating opinion piece on a matter that for all the media blathering about it is dead and done. Regardless of the unseemly behavior of Dalrymple, this was a private matter between the parties involved and was settled legally years ago. The writer trying to tie this incident to signings of various lowlife players is disingenuous; it’s something that exists in all segments of bigtime sports; we all know felons have a tough time with employment unless you can ball.

Should it surprise us? Not in any way. It occurs every day in companies and government. In my four decades of work every company I have worked in, small, large, huge, corporate, family, startup…have had these issues. I’ve had bosses fucking secretaries and taking them on trips, seen all types of inappropriate behaviors, and watch leadership scramble for ways to mitigate, protect the exec, and shut up the women. The Cowboys here are not exceptional as the media blathers; it’s just a reflection of general business culture.

This was the act of an individual: I watch a lot of NFL Network, and regardless of the women’s abilities as knowledgeable analysts, they are usually dressed in short skirts and tight sweaters. And all of them had to work with male analysts and hosts that were known sex predators, abusesrs, and leeches. Warren Sapp, Marshall Faulk, rapist Darren Sharper, Ike Taylor and more were kept around longer than necessary.

I’ve always been an advocate for women in sports and in business, but this continues everywhere. And I’ll skip the anti-women issues of male trans athletes competing against girls which is just more stupidity.

5 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

TM with a very late regurgitating opinion piece on a matter that for all the media blathering about it is dead and done. Regardless of the unseemly behavior of Dalrymple, this was a private matter between the parties involved and was settled legally years ago. The writer trying to tie this incident to signings of various lowlife players is disingenuous; it’s something that exists in all segments of bigtime sports; we all know felons have a tough time with employment unless you can ball.

Should it surprise us? Not in any way. It occurs every day in companies and government. In my four decades of work every company I have worked in, small, large, huge, corporate, family, startup…have had these issues. I’ve had bosses fucking secretaries and taking them on trips, seen all types of inappropriate behaviors, and watch leadership scramble for ways to mitigate, protect the exec, and shut up the women. The Cowboys here are not exceptional as the media blathers; it’s just a reflection of general business culture.

This was the act of an individual: I watch a lot of NFL Network, and regardless of the women’s abilities as knowledgeable analysts, they are usually dressed in short skirts and tight sweaters. And all of them had to work with male analysts and hosts that were known sex predators, abusesrs, and leeches. Warren Sapp, Marshall Faulk, rapist Darren Sharper, Ike Taylor and more were kept around longer than necessary.

I’ve always been an advocate for women in sports and in business, but this continues everywhere. And I’ll skip the anti-women issues of male trans athletes competing against girls which is just more stupidity.

Every one of your posts is long winded and plain fucking stupidity. 

Fix This Shit Rich story is going nowhere. In fact, the national media has only in the last few days started to notice it and started to prod.  So it’s not “dead and done”. Another terrible prediction from you. 

Ok. The NFL has stated it’s an old story, it’s settled legally, and will not investigate. In the grand scheme of things that’s pretty much a dead issue.

I didn’t really make any predictions in my post. There was nothing new in the TM story that wasn’t already reported a week ago. Somehow tying in lowlife Greg Hardy is just bleating about why he hates Jerry Jones. Doesn’t matter, no one goes to TM for sports news. You’re welcome to put me on ignore dipshit.

Why does Greg Hardy get tied to the Cowboys over Carolina? He played less than a full season in Dallas which came after nearly a full season being on the Commissioner's exempt list with the Panthers and a suspension afterwards.  But 5 years in Carolina ought to occasionally produce A former Panther rather than the former Cowboy he always gets tagged with. 

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Why does Greg Hardy get tied to the Cowboys over Carolina? He played less than a full season in Dallas which came after nearly a full season being on the Commissioner's exempt list with the Panthers and a suspension afterwards.  But 5 years in Carolina ought to occasionally produce A former Panther rather than the former Cowboy he always gets tagged with. 

It was my understanding that the panthers cut him when the allegations came out. But I could be wrong. If so, they don’t look nearly as bad as us and it fits the narrative of Jerry taking on criminals 

It was my understanding that the panthers cut him when the allegations came out. But I could be wrong. If so, they don’t look nearly as bad as us and it fits the narrative of Jerry taking on criminals 

Hardy was on the exempt list in Carolina drawing his salary for ten games and then given a ten game suspension for 2015. Even though Ron Rivera was openly supportive of Hardy, the owner Herry Richardson cut him (Jerry lost the franchise later with his own issues.). The Cowboys signed him soon after and an arbiter then cut the suspension to 4 games.

Hardy was convicted by a judge and then it was dropped on appeal as the victim left town with a settlement. The awful pics of the victim came out after the prosecutor dropped the case. I was hoping Witten, son of a battered mother, would have whipped his ass.

10 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Nope, the charges came on May of 2014 and the trial was in July of that year where he received probation. Hardy appealed the verdict and his accuser didn't appear in court so the charges were dropped by prosecutors due to their "inability to locate the victim" and "reliable information" that the 2 parties had reached a civil settlement. Hardy played the first game of that following 2014 season after receiving support from both the coach and franchise. He was later placed on the Commisioner's Exempt list for the remainder of the season due to the blowback both the league and the Panthers received. The Panthers later cut him in 2015 and the Cowboys signed him that offseason. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

No blame on these sorry coaches.

the blame is on dak. every facet of the offense around him was more than solid. we sucked because he touched the ball on every play.

he is the single biggest fraud in professional sports. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

If they cut cooper that could leave cowboys with CeeDee and Noah brown. Gallup and Wilson are FAs.

No blame on these sorry coaches.

Our team is hamstrung by the bad zeke contract until next year anyways.  Anything we can accomplish this year will be icing on the cake. 

Jerry missing combine due to medical issue...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys-breaking-jerry-jones-to-skip-media-session-due-to-medical-issue/ar-AAUCBpJ?ocid=uxbndlbing

The Cowboys hold the 24th selection in the 2022 NFL Draft, which begins April 28. Can they strike gold again? In a pivotal offseason, Dallas has big decisions to make in free agency and possesses six traditional draft picks (plus one projected compensatory pick).

Dallas' selections:

• Round 1: 24th-overall
  • Round 2: 56th-overall
  • Round 3: 88th-overall
  • Round 4: 127th-overall
  • Round 5: 166th-overall
  • Round 5: 176th-overall* 
  • Round 6: 201st-overall

the blame is on dak. every facet of the offense around him was more than solid. we sucked because he touched the ball on every play.
he is the single biggest fraud in professional sports. 

I’m sorry but that’s just wrong. Zeke is not solid; he’s washed up. He can block, can’t run. The o line was a mess at center and LG with both getting their shit pushed in; Lael had a iffy year as well and Tyron is in bad health. TEs having to help block tied up the Wrs who run sloppy routes. And Dak was not good after hurting his calf; until then he was on a MVP pace.

Back to coaches. My wife can call the plays; Moore is horrible play caller because he’s from the Jason Garrett/Scott Linehan school of backup QBs that never did shit. Joe Philbin is an atrocious OL coach who wants a bunch of dancers instead of the road graters he has. Doug Nussmeier is a dog turd of a QB coach. Adam Henry was a shit WR coach who is now gone.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

I’m sorry but that’s just wrong. Zeke is not solid; he’s washed up. He can block, can’t run. The o line was a mess at center and LG with both getting their shit pushed in; Lael had a iffy year as well and Tyron is in bad health. TEs having to help block tied up the Wrs who run sloppy routes. And Dak was not good after hurting his calf; until then he was on a MVP pace.

Back to coaches. My wife can call the plays; Moore is horrible play caller because he’s from the Jason Garrett/Scott Linehan school of backup QBs that never did shit. Joe Philbin is an atrocious OL coach who wants a bunch of dancers instead of the road graters he has. Doug Nussmeier is a dog turd of a QB coach. Adam Henry was a shit WR coach who is now gone.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

To be fair, he said "at center and LG."  

Pressure up the middle disrupts any QB, and the LG/C combo was not good. Add to that Moore’s constant run up the middle for zero by zeke on first down just killed this offense. This line misses Frederick so much; he was brilliant at calling the schemes at the line as well as being a perfect pair to Martin. Add fucking twit Joe Philbin’s shit for brains philosophy and it’s not the line it used to be.

24 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Enough to know that are other better OLines.

It’s crazy because the first half of the year it definitely was one of if not the best oline in football. I’m not someone who blindly believes PFF although I do trust they do their job a lot better than most. But this one is definitely suspect 

• Hook 'Em 1

Cowboys 2021 OL wasn't even the best Cowboys OL of the decade so I don't see how they could have been the best in the NFL. Tyron Smith no longer in his prime and missed games. Connor Williams gave up a billion holding penalties. La'el Collins played better two years ago. And Biadasz is a huge downgrade from Frederick. 

PFF also had Trevon Diggs as one of the worst CBs in the NFL. Think their argument was he gives up a lot of big plays and turnovers are fluky. Not sure I agree with their argument. Plenty of corners that play close to 10 years and their highest number of picks is like two in a season. See Byron Jones. Great cover corner but year in and year out makes very few game changing plays. That's not a fluke. And I wonder if they separate covering #1 receivers and #2/#3 WRs. 

Seems quite likely Dallas will lose more talent in free agency than they gain. Sigh. 

9 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Cowboys 2021 OL wasn't even the best Cowboys OL of the decade so I don't see how they could have been the best in the NFL. Tyron Smith no longer in his prime and missed games. Connor Williams gave up a billion holding penalties. La'el Collins played better two years ago. And Biadasz is a huge downgrade from Frederick. 

PFF also had Trevon Diggs as one of the worst CBs in the NFL. Think their argument was he gives up a lot of big plays and turnovers are fluky. Not sure I agree with their argument. Plenty of corners that play close to 10 years and their highest number of picks is like two in a season. See Byron Jones. Great cover corner but year in and year out makes very few game changing plays. That's not a fluke. And I wonder if they separate covering #1 receivers and #2/#3 WRs. 

Seems quite likely Dallas will lose more talent in free agency than they gain. Sigh. 

Don't shoot the messenger here. Regardless whether it's the #1 line in the NFL or not, by 2021's standards the Cowboys had a a very good offensive line. There was a disturbing number of penalties -- maybe that doesn't factor in to PFF's rankings -- but the offensive production was outstanding at times in the first half of the season. Seems things got a little squirrelly post-calf injury for Dak.

Frederick was probably headed to the HOF if he didn't get sick/hurt and then retire early. Anybody was going to be a step down.

Diggs has a knack for making plays but I saw him get burned a TON this season. He's feast-or-famine IMO.

Diggs is definitely an eye of the beholder type player. Gave up more big plays than most good corners but then again even Jalen Ramsey and Rams/Bengals corners gave up some big plays. Turnovers play a big part in wins and losses.

Feel like 2022 is a classic step back type year after a good Cowboys season in 2021. 

18 hours ago, C-Man said:

If we had that line the whole season, then it would be very good.  Problem is Tyron only played 11 games and left early in 2 others.  He basically played half a season.  Connor's penalties got him benched for a kid who wasn't as good.  La'el missed 4 games and was a backup for 2.  That's a pretty misleading ranking.  Also, as we talked all season, our TE and WR blocking sucked.  The OL isn't dog shit at all, but it's also not that dominant group we saw several years ago.  Tyron has missed 20 games in the last 2 seasons and left early in 3-4 others.  Zack is still a rock but we had issues everywhere else at times.  I think Collins is better than average bet to bounce back a little next year but we need another LT and interior lineman of starting caliber.  If they are on the roster through development, or in FA, or the draft, then cool, but it's a group who is in decline.

Then add Zeke ripped his knee after 5 games, Pollard was playing with a really painful injury the last quarter of the season and playoffs and our run game was is disarray headed to the playoffs.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

If we had that line the whole season, then it would be very good.  Problem is Tyron only played 11 games and left early in 2 others.  He basically played half a season.  Connor's penalties got him benched for a kid who wasn't as good.  La'el missed 4 games and was a backup for 2.  That's a pretty misleading ranking.  Also, as we talked all season, our TE and WR blocking sucked.  The OL isn't dog shit at all, but it's also not that dominant group we saw several years ago.  Tyron has missed 20 games in the last 2 seasons and left early in 3-4 others.  Zack is still a rock but we had issues everywhere else at times.  I think Collins is better than average bet to bounce back a little next year but we need another LT and interior lineman of starting caliber.  If they are on the roster through development, or in FA, or the draft, then cool, but it's a group who is in decline.

Then add Zeke ripped his knee after 5 games, Pollard was playing with a really painful injury the last quarter of the season and playoffs and our run game was is disarray headed to the playoffs.

But Jerrah be like... 

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We should, but he may have just priced himself out of our draft position...... Impressive showing from a such a big man.

Yeah that was kind of my plan before I actually saw what he did at the combine. I knew it was good. Didn’t realize it was that good 

This right here. The PFF numbers are for the starting five of each team. It measures performance but I can’t see where there are deductions for penalties and negative plays for linemen. Also the line should be judged by the performance of all the backups play as well.

Yikes..... Remember that good pass rush from last year?  Yea, it may be going up in smoke.  Generally, you don't offer a guy a pay cut unless the other option is to be cut outright.  So..... Amare going to be cut and DLaw.  I'm going to guess the play is sign Gallup (who they're already engaged with) and Gregory (who has had two good half seasons).  If we're doing this so we can give a fucking TE 13m and a replaceable safety like 8m, someone should just burn Jerry world to the ground.  Light it up.

• Like 1

Yikes..... Remember that good pass rush from last year?  Yea, it may be going up in smoke.  Generally, you don't offer a guy a pay cut unless the other option is to be cut outright.  So..... Amare going to be cut and DLaw.  I'm going to guess the play is sign Gallup (who they're already engaged with) and Gregory (who has had two good half seasons).  If we're doing this so we can give a fucking TE 13m and a replaceable safety like 8m, someone should just burn Jerry world to the ground.  Light it up.

Tank needs to be restructured though he is resistant. Gregory I’d let go as they can’t afford what he’ll get offered and he’s not worth a franchise tag. They have completely fucked the whole roster issues up. They need to keep Cooper, let Gallup and Wilson go, find new blood in back. If Amari gets cut he should go to chargers. Herbert will find him. If they pay vanderesch I’m done .

Stephen is too hung up on keeping their own picks in FA. Can’t keep ‘em all. And no RB deserves a first round pick, much less a 2nd contract.

Franchising a TE with the route tree above would be fucking idiotic. Schultz is a safety valve TE who ate because he played alongside two #1 WRs. If anything the loss of Amari means we're in even more need of a TE with gamebreaking traits to his game.  I'd rather go after Zach Ertz than keep Schultz.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

And no RB deserves a first round pick, much less a 2nd contract.

Zeke was every bit worth it as the 4th overall pick for his first contract. If you go down the rabbit hole that the Cowboys could've had Jalen Ramsey/Derrick Henry 1/2 that year, then, yes, that would've been preferable. The stupid part was giving Zeke the raise/extension 18 months before we needed to and then having him to start showing wear-and-tear almost immediately after. Zeke was a huge part of 13-3 in his rookie year.

• Like 1