Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

He doesn’t have to leave anything to her.

Of course he doesn't but illegitimate children can contest being omitted from a will and petition for property that the other legitimate children receive. It's then up to the probate judge to decide if she has a case or not.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Of course he doesn't but illegitimate children can contest being omitted from a will and petition for property that the other legitimate children receive. It's then up to the probate judge to decide if she has a case or not.  

I'm going to be interested to understand her legal strategy here.  I would think a better chance if she was omitted from will all together and raised this after Jerry kicked the bucket.  If her existence was well known he probably already named and disinherited her but if not I'm damn sure he will now.  I still don't understand what the "cause of action" is for this lawsuit today in any event.  I'm sure more will come out (that isn't behind a paywall) in the coming days.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I do not believe that is the case in Texas (you probate where you live), and he is not even dead. I agree with Skipper above, and it she can't argue that she was unknown because of the settlement agreement.

here's mom and daughter.  they were on season 3 of Big Rich Texas:

big-rich-texas2.jpg

Style Network mysteriously has no mention of Alex in their cast bio, but says of Cindy, "A new addition to the group this season, single mom Cindy lives off a trust fund spending her days shopping and her nights partying. Cindy speaks her mind and often acts without thinking. Will her lavish, “tell it like it is” lifestyle win her new friends or cause her grief?"
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mdmost said:

She's saying the agreement doesn't apply to her because she was 0 when it was agreed to so she's not bound by an NDA. I'd imagine she wants her piece of the Cowboys that the other 3 kids are getting. I don't care either way but I love that it's more egg on Jerry's face. She can't be the only fun baby he's had. 

This all came out because she was called as witness to the divorce hearing for Charlotte Jones. Shy Anderson don't play it seems. 

So Charlotte Britches is about to be single?

curiousity-but.gif

13 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

He doesn’t have to leave anything to her.

This

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

here's mom and daughter.  they were on season 3 of Big Rich Texas:

big-rich-texas2.jpg

Style Network mysteriously has no mention of Alex in their cast bio, but says of Cindy, "A new addition to the group this season, single mom Cindy lives off a trust fund spending her days shopping and her nights partying. Cindy speaks her mind and often acts without thinking. Will her lavish, “tell it like it is” lifestyle win her new friends or cause her grief?"

They definitely qualify for the “big” part

If I were her I think I would have had the lawyer extort more millions out of Jerry with the claim that she had no ability to understand and be bound by the NDA as a baby so she needs her own deal now for silence. Would rather have that than everyone knowing your father is the most hated non political person in the state of Texas and the guy who single handedly ruined one of Texas' most famous entities. 

I'm not completely against moving Collins depending on the return but we're right at the market cap so I hope this isn't just about that. He's a difference maker in the run game and he's decent at pass pro. We don't exactly have a stable of swing tackles waiting in the wing behind Steele.

3 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

I'm not completely against moving Collins depending on the return but we're right at the market cap so I hope this isn't just about that. He's a difference maker in the run game and he's decent at pass pro. We don't exactly have a stable of swing tackles waiting in the wing behind Steele.

It's not about the cap.  I would guess they're that high on Steele so if they can get a top 50 pick for him then maybe they'll bit.  Considering how cheap he is (one of the few good signings), it's sort of perplexing especially when you consider we're not really deep at the position.  I guess if they were going LT in the first couple of rounds but it's not like it would be a sure thing.  The Cowboys offseason, or at least the expected moves, are bamboozling.  Still, nothing has really been done yet so I guess we'll see.....

BTW, this slipped under the radar.  So on brand for the Cowboys.  smh.

But Fassel gets to bring back this guy?

How many fake punts per year would a team expect? Maybe 2? Anger was on the hook for barely over a million last year. How much is he really going to strain the cap? 

As far as Zuerlein, I can see letting him hang around a while until they have a legit competitor for the job. I believe the cap hit for cutting him even after June is the same, just his guaranteed prorated bonus, one third of a million. I think the Cowboys will take a look at some rookies and try to find a cheap long term answer before cutting him.

anger's a cheap pro bowl punter who was a real weapon last year esp in the last half of the season.  you gotta keep him.  you cut the underachieving veteran placekicker making 2x the aforementioned punter who cost you 2 games last season.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

anger's a cheap pro bowl punter who was a real weapon last year esp in the last half of the season.  you gotta keep him.  you cut the underachieving veteran placekicker making 2x the aforementioned punter who cost you 2 games last season.  

So, let me get this straight. Cut the punter with a franchise-record 44.6 net punt average in order to find a guy who can more easily facilitate fake punts? What a country!

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

It really is ridiculous. Anger was a direct extension of our vastly improved defense. If you can’t find someone that can match his productivity and all you do is save a few pennies, it’s just monumentally stupid 

i understand the reason they don't want to keep anger.  he's going to command more $.  fine.  i disagree with the decision, but at least it's logical. 

keeping zuerlein makes absolutely no sense.  he made $2.5 last year.  he's making that same amount this year.  he was in the bottom third of placekickers in the NFL with a 82.9% FG conversion rate.   there are 30 NCAA kickers who had a better FG% conversion rate than that.  thirty.  maybe 3 will get drafted.  that leaves 27 we could sign for the minimum rookie salary which is what, $700,000?

zuerlein's cap hit this year is $2.8 (omg) and by cutting him his dead cap value is $333,334.  we'd make $2.4 in cap room by cutting him.  we'd save $2.8 in cash.  sign a UFA kicker to a $700k contract and we'll still be generating $1.7 in cap space while improving on the quality of kicker. 

it doesn't make sense financially to keep zuerlein.  it doesn't make football sense to keep zuerlein.  the only reason we're keeping him is fassel's loyalty to him.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

i understand the reason they don't want to keep anger.  he's going to command more $.  fine.  i disagree with the decision, but at least it's logical. 

keeping zuerlein makes absolutely no sense.  he made $2.5 last year.  he's making that same amount this year.  he was in the bottom third of placekickers in the NFL with a 82.9% FG conversion rate.   there are 30 NCAA kickers who had a better FG% conversion rate than that.  thirty.  maybe 3 will get drafted.  that leaves 27 we could sign for the minimum rookie salary which is what, $700,000?

zuerlein's cap hit this year is $2.8 (omg) and by cutting him his dead cap value is $333,334.  we'd make $2.4 in cap room by cutting him.  we'd save $2.8 in cash.  sign a UFA kicker to a $700k contract and we'll still be generating $1.7 in cap space while improving on the quality of kicker. 

it doesn't make sense financially to keep zuerlein.  it doesn't make football sense to keep zuerlein.  the only reason we're keeping him is fassel's loyalty to him.  

Welp…

I don't know who Dave Howman is, but the fake punt thing sounds like bullshit. The Cowboys just don't want to pay market price now that Anger is an unrestricted free agent. Maybe there's a chance the market for 35 year old punters is cold and they get him back cheaper, however unlikely. The Cowboys used to be really good at finding P/K talent cheap, but those days are long past.

Zuerlein was under contract for another year, but only 333k was guaranteed, if I understand correctly. So not quite the same situation, but his remaining for 2022 was against the odds.

Edited by DougO

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Bobby Wagner would be awesome. But if we're pinching pennies with our punters how would we ever get this done? Maybe that's where the la'el Collins trade comes in?

The worst part was blowing high picks on two linebackers that didn't pan out and having to find replacements all over again. Whiffing on first round and early second picks with such regularity is not a sign of a good franchise.

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Welp…

Woo Hoo!  Z had a nice kickoff leg but was one of the worst kickers in the league in accuracy.  Can we get a guy who can make some kicks..... including XP?

Wouldn't bet on Wagner unless he has fire in his belly about Seattle and wants to take a ton less money.  Nothing wrong with making a call though.

Just now, Loch Ness Monster said:

Don't generally believe in old linebackers. It's kind of like running back. Young man's game.

I think Jimmy saw this early. He didn't mind getting younger at that position. 

Which makes delaying the Dak deal and giving Zeke money even more rage inducing.

Fuck it. Jerry is still gonna make a pile of money. It stopped being about winning before the known bastard child was born.

Wagner for a year or two would be cool, but I don't think they want to use their limited budget on a linebacker. They will keep their fingers crossed that Jabril Cox is full speed and stays healthy and looks as good as they think he is, and maybe pick up a discount guy and maybe a draft pick in the mid to late rounds. They have too much to address elsewhere that won't come that cheap.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We just got fucking fleeced we are truly the dumbest franchise in history. The Dismantle is complete 

So instead they should have just cut him, which they were going to do, and get nothing? Nobody was going to trade a decent pick for him. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1