Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

22 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

He's about to turn 33. Maybe with some more PEDs, but $20 mil would be a tall order. 

Signed with the Bills for 6 years, $120 million, although the guarantees put it more in line with Chandler Jones at $17.5 million per year.

8 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

We'll see. He showed in the playoffs that he still has it.

All things being equal, I would rather have Von than Gregory.

Well, he got over 17m in reality so I stand corrected.  Most had h coming in at 11-14m for 2/3 years.  He got paid.  Buffalo going for it now.  They also signed Howard.

Meanwhile, Jones’ sitting on their thumbs as team gets worse and worse.  Just a bad front office.  Probably get a value signing somewhere but this offseason is a disaster thus far.  What are they going to do to get better?  

4 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

I wouldn't pay Von Miller that contract. He was starting to look pretty old.

Guess most contracts in days 1-3 of free agency seem like overpays but makes sense. Gotta outbid every other team in the league for proven players.

So I have no issues with this sentiment but what shoujd the Cowboys have done to shore up their pass rush?  Improve the run defense?  Get better at LB?  Improve the secondary?  Improve the OL?  Get more weapons on offense to replace the losses?  

Wheres the plan?  Where are the contingencies?  Just wondering after creating the 4th most cap room after the Dlaw extension, what are they doing to get better?

26 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Well, he got over 17m in reality so I stand corrected.  Most had h coming in at 11-14m for 2/3 years.  He got paid.  Buffalo going for it now.  They also signed Howard.

Meanwhile, Jones’ sitting on their thumbs as team gets worse and worse.  Just a bad front office.  Probably get a value signing somewhere but this offseason is a disaster thus far.  What are they going to do to get better?  

They signed OJ Howard for a 1yr deal that maxes out at $5 million. @Patrick Bateman I haven't kept up with Howard much throughout his career. I know that he hasn't lived up to expectations, but what's the scouting word on him. Can he actually block? 

12 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

They signed OJ Howard for a 1yr deal that maxes out at $5 million. @Patrick Bateman I haven't kept up with Howard much throughout his career. I know that he hasn't lived up to expectations, but what's the scouting word on him. Can he actually block? 

All I know is that he did nothing for me in fantasy two years ago so I think he was more a blocker than a receiver. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

So I have no issues with this sentiment but what shoujd the Cowboys have done to shore up their pass rush?  Improve the run defense?  Get better at LB?  Improve the secondary?  Improve the OL?  Get more weapons on offense to replace the losses?  

Wheres the plan?  Where are the contingencies?  Just wondering after creating the 4th most cap room after the Dlaw extension, what are they doing to get better?

There is no plan at all. I'm sick and tired of every single big contract given out, Dallas fans right on cue say "oh no, that's way too much".  Is it a coping mechanism because they know we will never sign anyone worth a damn? So we sign 3rd tier garbage and might hit on a draft pick or 2 and away we go to mediocrity land over and over. 

Rams said fuck the draft and went all in and won. Buffalo knows windows are short in NFL and you better win while you can. 

Not Dallas though. We have addressed none of our needs. Even the ones we created on our own because our front office are morons. 

Bring back old school Jerry who would actually roll the dice and make moves. Not this penny pinching inbred son who brags about cap space we never use

• Hook 'Em 1

Newy seems to be spreading gossip. Von might not have gotten an official offer because his agent might have said “this is where Rams are, Buffalo here, x is here.” If you want to play you gotta match this bills offer”. So there is no real offer. If the price of poker is too rich you gotta leave.

I think they are terrible at planning and always have been. Stephen says they put all their effort into keeping their own FAs over outside. Ok what is plan b if Tank says fuck off, if Gregory and Armstrong leave. If Miller and the other premier pass rushers sign elsewhere. Just pathetic effort and planning. They should be working during the season on the FA board, hammering the easy fixes immediately, then dumping their junk asap. It’s like they are just in the moment with zero plan.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Screenshot_20220316-202935.jpg

I don't doubt that story is true, but Dallas was never going to pay that kind of money. Von probably wanted Dallas, Dak probably wanted him here, they were both dreaming, because that's such stupid money for a player well past his prime that it's almost a miracle Dallas didn't go for it.

Edited by DougO

15 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

So when Howard came out, he was considered one of the more complete TEs prospects out of college.  He can block and catch the ball.  He had a good rookie year, but injuries to his right lower leg started in 2018 with a high ankle sprain and this has been an issue.  Arians came the next season and rumors are they don't get along great with Arians riding him and another high ankle sprain and foot injury.  Brady and Gronk in 2020 and then he blows his Achilles in the lead up to the SB.  I don't think he's going to be a great player, but I do think he can be a very good TE2 and in a scheme like Dallas, block and catch the ball and be very productive.  More explosion should come in his 2nd full season removed from the Achilles injury.  I would have liked to pitch in for 5m and paid less for Schultz.  We just resigned Sprinkle, who is the "blocking" TE, so I think they'll just draft a guy..... but we have so many holes now, it's going to get hard to draft so many spots and expect instant production.  They may pick up a fading vet on the cheap.  The Cowboys don't do free agency real well..... lol.

Hmm interesting.  I'd think they'd just trade him to those teams they were in active talks with rather than get nothing for him.

Stephen in active trade talks
ChillyLateCanadagoose-max-1mb.gif

When you tell an agent to seek a trade you’re telegraphing you’re going to cut him. So agent tells team what’s your offer if he’s on the market and I’ll bring him to you. So stupid.

Lael was one of Jerry’s Hollywood story projects until his drug testing issues. Can I pay you to use someone else’s piss? Stupid. Before that Jerry loved him. Falsely accused of murder and we rescued him. You’d watch that movie right? Well. Bye.

Stephen now you need a tackle, guard and center. And an edge. A 1T and 3T. A LB. (Not 55). Another W/R.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

When you tell an agent to seek a trade you’re telegraphing you’re going to cut him. So agent tells team what’s your offer if he’s on the market and I’ll bring him to you. So stupid.

Lael was one of Jerry’s Hollywood story projects until his drug testing issues. Can I pay you to use someone else’s piss? Stupid. Before that Jerry loved him. Falsely accused of murder and we rescued him. You’d watch that movie right? Well. Bye.

Stephen now you need a tackle, guard and center. And an edge. A 1T and 3T. A LB. (Not 55). Another W/R.

You mean you don’t blindly trust Terrance Steele to step right in and hold down RT? Lol

19 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

To me resign Armstrong then sign Wagner to shore up LB and allow Parsons to roam the line on passing downs and go after the QB. Then hope the rookie LB from last year can fill out that position with quality depth. 

Armstrong didn't flash as bright as Gregory but he was more consistently good than Gregory and didn't have all the stupid penalties. 

That said they will still be weak against the run if they don't get a legit run stopping DT rotation. 

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Everyone in the top 10 has at least one super bowl over that span. We don’t even have an nfc championship appearance. That’s almost hard to accomplish given the circumstances 

EACA0DFD-B9E9-48CE-B13A-E62D9BD0F16A.jpeg

Yeah this was mentioned within the in seasonp thread.  In fact this pic incorporates the Campo years so we're even higher on the total wins list if you start from the season Parcells tookover. We were like 8th or 9th and like the only team within the top 20 to not even appear in the conference championship game much less the Super Bowl. 

5 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He's cheap and lacks Jerrah's charm...... He's like a wet piece of shit.

Still working on our own guys, I guess.

Yep he's cheap as hell.  He's not the one who made the money so he's not preternaturally inclined to endure the risk taking associated with attaining that level wealth.  Im sure there have been studies on the 2nd generation rich and how they're more psychologically predisposed to being much more conservative and doing things to preserve the money rather than following the same patterns their fathers sought to build their wealth. 

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

To me resign Armstrong then sign Wagner to shore up LB and allow Parsons to roam the line on passing downs and go after the QB. Then hope the rookie LB from last year can fill out that position with quality depth. 

Armstrong didn't flash as bright as Gregory but he was more consistently good than Gregory and didn't have all the stupid penalties. 

That said they will still be weak against the run if they don't get a legit run stopping DT rotation. 

Wagner's likely not an option for the price the Cowboys could afford to pay at this point, and still several veterans they want to retain under the cap. Wagner probably won't be cheap.

Armstrong is a must. He only had one sack less than Gregory last season, more tackles and has more versatility, and should still be affordable. 

I'm hoping Josh Ball really showed something in practices after recovering from his high ankle sprain that sidelined him his rookie year, then maybe the tackle depth isn't so bad. 

31 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Giants releasing Logan Ryan and ZaDarius Smith backed out of his agreement with Baltimore. Get those 2 and it helps that defense.

Armstrong deal looks done at 2 for 13.5. That's a good deal

laugh jordan GIF

Big Enos and Little Enos aren't signing those guys. They'll go bargain hunting and hope the players outperform their contracts. 

today I learned that amari cooper called dak the black kirk cousins in the locker room after that fraudulent fuck lost to jimmy garropolo in the 1st round of the playoffs. dak’s swollen cunt sprayed blood everywhere for days and that’s why we had to take a 5th rounder up the ass in return for giving away a legit #1 receiver. can you goddamned assfaces imagine what it would be like to have a legit #1 qb? unfuckingbelievable. how have none of you asshole dak-apologists posted that shit?

• Rage+1 1

today I learned that amari cooper called dak the black kirk cousins in the locker room after that fraudulent fuck lost to jimmy garropolo in the 1st round of the playoffs. dak’s swollen cunt sprayed blood everywhere for days and that’s why we had to take a 5th rounder up the ass in return for giving away a legit #1 receiver. can you goddamned assfaces imagine what it would be like to have a legit #1 qb? unfuckingbelievable. how have none of you asshole dak-apologists posted that shit?

Who told you that? I heard he called him Black Wentz. Sorry that whole team sucked in that game. They were outplayed and our coaches. Fucking outcoached by mr 28-3.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

I know you don’t actually believe this happened…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yep he's cheap as hell.  He's not the one who made the money so he's not preternaturally inclined to endure the risk taking associated with attaining that level wealth.  Im sure there have been studies on the 2nd generation rich and how they're more psychologically predisposed to being much more conservative and doing things to preserve the money rather than following the same patterns their fathers sought to build their wealth. 

It's actually the exact opposite.  They didn't earn it, so they tend to spend frivolously (and excessively).  The term 'shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in 3 generations' is very real.