Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Based on what I’m reading, Joseph is about to do 25 to life 

Might put a damper on his NFL career, but should do wonders for his rap cred. This is a prime example of why it always wise to develop multiple income streams.

I also figured someone told him it’d be a way to draw in younger fans 

My son is 41. Took him to his first Cowboy game in 89 after Jerry and Jimmy came to town and bought season tix. We went to all the home games until we moved out of town in 95. For us it’s been a frustrating 25 years, and both of us have cowboy fatigue.

Last week while visiting, he said “I’m not inflicting the Cowboys on my girls…”. They are 7, 4, and 3. I don’t blame him. So I won’t be giving them any Cowboys apparel or stuff unless they come to it on their own. Dallas is fucking loserville.

My cousin is 66. He is an ardent Rangers fan going back to the Spurs in AA ball. What a fucking curse. He watches 162 games a year. For 50 fucking years. For nothing.

13 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

My son is 41. Took him to his first Cowboy game in 89 after Jerry and Jimmy came to town and bought season tix. We went to all the home games until we moved out of town in 95. For us it’s been a frustrating 25 years, and both of us have cowboy fatigue.

Last week while visiting, he said “I’m not inflicting the Cowboys on my girls…”. They are 7, 4, and 3. I don’t blame him. So I won’t be giving them any Cowboys apparel or stuff unless they come to it on their own. Dallas is fucking loserville.

My cousin is 66. He is an ardent Rangers fan going back to the Spurs in AA ball. What a fucking curse. He watches 162 games a year. For 50 fucking years. For nothing.

I remember when they were a pitch away from winning the world series. Luckily I barely gave a shit by then, the Cowboys somehow pull me in every fucking season though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I have cousins born in 1997 and 1998. They know nothing about the Cowboys being any thing other than mediocre. They have a big disconnect to them. They don't give a shit about them and I do not blame them. They were not even alive during the Super Bowls so there is no personal connection for them. Hell even my cousins born in the early 90s have no real recollection of Dallas being good. I was born in 1984 so the 90s dynasty I do remember but I was not at the age where I could appreciate what was happening. I thought winning Super Bowls was normal.

I guess this is what Green Bay went through after their glory days and then a few decades of nothing. They then got back on the map in the 90s and have been stable ever since. And much more accomplished than Dallas. 

Dallas problem is they have zero idea how to take advantage of a young core on rookie deals like other teams do. So there seems to be no hope in sight. 

I remember when they were a pitch away from winning the world series. Luckily I barely gave a shit by then, the Cowboys somehow pull me in every fucking season though.

I watch nfl network most of the day and follow everything about this team in the off season. I’ll watch every game. But my Monday emotions are less impacted by wins and losses.

Jerry will not get this team doesn’t need old coaches. Find a young guy who can communicate. McCarthy is just a big fat fuck. Payton has been passed by. Need a fiery young guy. Need new thinking in front office too.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Go to North Park, observe how many kids are wearing Mavs/Stars gear versus Cowboys. Then watch this clip and see how it used to be in this city. They are killing youth interest in this city. 

All it'll take is one Super Bowl. If Dak's the QB, even better, he's just a great personality for that position. Every year someone questions whether the Cowboys are still "America's Team" and every year the fact that the question comes up means yes. Still the most valuable sports franchise in the world. Still some of the highest rated games every season. Despite having won nothing of significance in 25 years people still hate the team because it is still by far the most prominent franchise in the NFL. One big season and things will blow up. It might never happen but 20 years from now this team will still be the most popular (love and hate). 

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

You guys and your rush to judgement.

Kelvin Joseph didn’t shoot that dude. He was in the car from which the shots were fired, but he didn’t do it and had no knowledge it was occurring until the shots rang out.

Mad Men Wink GIF

YKDV man! Can you dig it? I mean at least not wear your signature medallion necklace when doing that stuff right? 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/15/attorney-kelvin-joseph-did-not-shoot-cameron-ray/

“Joseph’s involvement in the fight became known when Dallas police recently released surveillance video to KDFW-TV. Joseph, whose rapper pseudonym is “YKDV Bossman Fat,” was wearing his signature necklace with a YKDV medallion. (YKDV stands for “You Know Da Vibe.”)

Texas’ law of parties could potentially lead to charges for anyone in the SUV at the time of the shooting, according to the DMN.”

Edited by Nicole44
Link to article
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Texas’ law of parties could potentially lead to charges for anyone in the SUV at the time of the shooting, according to the DMN.”

This happened to a nephew of mine. Was 18 years old and hanging around some hood friends. Was only in the back seat of a vehicle when the driver pulled up to a store and got out to rob it. He never left the vehicle but still had to do a few years in the pen. 

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

You guys and your rush to judgement.

Kelvin Joseph didn’t shoot that dude. He was in the car from which the shots were fired, but he didn’t do it and had no knowledge it was occurring until the shots rang out.

Mad Men Wink GIF

image.jpeg.ce3ed8cdfa0127f18377065c50f0cafe.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, that's not happening. I don't think things are going to improve when Jerry is gone either. Embrace the suck. 

Stephen is opposite Jerry from when Dad drafted holders and made stupid free agent moves. He is totally in the first keep your own free agents when you should keep only those who make sense, leverage some of them before FA for extra early round picks, look at what you need and judiciously get it. He totally botched this offseason with Cooper and Collins, and nearly vastly overpaid to keep Gregory.

1 minute ago, Texzilla58 said:

Stephen is opposite Jerry from when Dad drafted holders and made stupid free agent moves. He is totally in the first keep your own free agents when you should keep only those who make sense, leverage some of them before FA for extra early round picks, look at what you need and judiciously get it. He totally botched this offseason with Cooper and Collins, and nearly vastly overpaid to keep Gregory.

Stephen is worse than Jerry. He literally has zero success at all in his dealings with the team. He never uses free agency at all. He believes in his same players who never win and makes a ton of shitty draft picks. He is nothing more than a thrift store shopper. Fuck the whole Jones family circus hillbillies. 

10 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Stephen had to go ask dad whether to pay Tank. 

I don't have any confidence in his decision making.

Charlotte Britches might have the closest thing resembling a clue. 

Stephen is worse than Jerry. He literally has zero success at all in his dealings with the team. He never uses free agency at all. He believes in his same players who never win and makes a ton of shitty draft picks. He is nothing more than a thrift store shopper. Fuck the whole Jones family circus hillbillies. 

Cowboys have drafted well the past few years compared to the rest of the league. The team has been loaded and whether it’s coaching, team leadership, injuries it hasn’t happened. They have botched free agency the past couple of years.
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Cowboys have drafted well the past few years compared to the rest of the league. The team has been loaded and whether it’s coaching, team leadership, injuries it hasn’t happened. They have botched free agency the past couple of years.

They haven't been loaded by any stretch. After the early Garrett era success at drafting OL they've done a pretty shit there. They've been shit drafting safety. Other than Parson shit drafting LB. Shit drafting DT. Decent to good drafting corner. Just ok drafting DE. Solid drafting WR and ok at TE. 

More than anything though they don't get enough depth. They can find a quality starter at most positions but miss way too much finding serviceable backups in the draft. 

36 minutes ago, tokamak said:

You’re in some deep shit if your lawyer’s strategy to get ahead of the story is to go ahead and admit that you were an accessory to murder. 

Due to his idiotic bling and the fact he's a Dallas Cowboy they have zero shot to provide doubt he was there. Their best shot is to provide doubt he was the shooter and even that he was a part of the decision to kill. 

Definitely a bad position and I doubt Jerry Jones is going to get you out of this one. 

1 hour ago, DougO said:

Maybe they should stop drafting guys who are discounted for serious injuries and/or being pieces of shit. Just a thought...

I remember Jerry in an interview a few years ago admitted they do that because they have so much money tied up in the offense. So they take risk on defense to get more talent on that side of the ball. 

There's some thought that Joseph won't get in legal entanglement unless something changes, but the NFL wheel of justice always looms.  I'm not going to say we draft a ton of knuckleheads these days or any more than any other team, but we certainly do draft our share.  Still some time to go on this one.....

On 4/15/2022 at 6:48 PM, Hermanator said:

This happened to a nephew of mine. Was 18 years old and hanging around some hood friends. Was only in the back seat of a vehicle when the driver pulled up to a store and got out to rob it. He never left the vehicle but still had to do a few years in the pen. 

Cool family bro. 

Of course we aren't better. And we only got a shitty draft pick in return. We are not back to where we were in 2018 when we thought we could enter the season with the spare WRs we had. I was all in favor of letting Dez walk but we did zero to replace him. Same as Cooper. He made Ceedee and Gallup look better than they are. And Gallup is going to miss time to start the year. And we traded for Cooper in the middle of 2018 when we figured we were going nowhere with that WR corp.

On 4/15/2022 at 4:16 PM, 'stache said:

All it'll take is one Super Bowl. If Dak's the QB, even better, he's just a great personality for that position. Every year someone questions whether the Cowboys are still "America's Team" and every year the fact that the question comes up means yes. Still the most valuable sports franchise in the world. Still some of the highest rated games every season. Despite having won nothing of significance in 25 years people still hate the team because it is still by far the most prominent franchise in the NFL. One big season and things will blow up. It might never happen but 20 years from now this team will still be the most popular (love and hate). 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4722k7ifvvcgcu3rmm12

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

So...what happened with the Kelvin Joseph stuff? He basically rolled over on his friends (talked to the cops at noon and by dinner time two arrests were made and confessions were had?) for immunity and we are going to act like he's not an accomplice to murder and life just goes on?

18 hours ago, markstanco said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4722k7ifvvcgcu3rmm12

Well, I said it "might" never happen, probably should have said it "likely will never" happen. Point stands. We could repeat the last 20 years for the next 20 years and people would still give a shit. Blind squirrels and nuts and whatnot.

Edited by 'stache

7 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

So...what happened with the Kelvin Joseph stuff? He basically rolled over on his friends (talked to the cops at noon and by dinner time two arrests were made and confessions were had?) for immunity and we are going to act like he's not an accomplice to murder and life just goes on?

the NFL will probably suspend him for a year. 

The end of Cooper's Cowboys tenure was not the problem. It was just the result of the chain of previous mistakes. That capital has all been spent and wasted already, now it's just in the past. It's a typical tale. 

Losing 800 yards from a number 2 guy that wasn't producing much in most of the games he played in last year isn't going to make or break the Cowboys. That's not terribly hard to replace. Fixing or not fixing the interior OL will have a much greater impact. Having or not having a decent backup for Tyron when he either gets hurt or just starts on the steep decline will have a huge impact. Having a significant running game or not will have a huge impact. Having a coaching staff either continue to get completely outcoached and out-schemed  on a weekly basis, or vastly improve, will have a huge impact.

And if it's all on Dak, as some seem to think, then the only thing that could fix that isn't likely to happen any time soon. So people should stop worrying about the wrong things. They need to nail this draft for about three immediate starters and a couple of good depth guys, as unlikely as that seems. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

And who knows?  Maybe that 5th round pick will be the next Tom Brady?  Looking at it from that point of view, wouldn’t you rather receive a 5th round pick in return for Cooper instead of a 1st or 2nd rounder?  Ryan Leaf was a 1st round pick.

this is a great point. I would take tom brady over ryan leaf 100 times out of 100. 

1 hour ago, DougO said:

The end of Cooper's Cowboys tenure was not the problem. It was just the result of the chain of previous mistakes. That capital has all been spent and wasted already, now it's just in the past. It's a typical tale. 

Losing 800 yards from a number 2 guy that wasn't producing much in most of the games he played in last year isn't going to make or break the Cowboys. That's not terribly hard to replace. Fixing or not fixing the interior OL will have a much greater impact. Having or not having a decent backup for Tyron when he either gets hurt or just starts on the steep decline will have a huge impact. Having a significant running game or not will have a huge impact. Having a coaching staff either continue to get completely outcoached and out-schemed  on a weekly basis, or vastly improve, will have a huge impact.

And if it's all on Dak, as some seem to think, then the only thing that could fix that isn't likely to happen any time soon. So people should stop worrying about the wrong things. They need to nail this draft for about three immediate starters and a couple of good depth guys, as unlikely as that seems. 

It’s not all on Dak. It’s on Kellen, Dak for not feeling comfortable throwing the ball to guys unless they’re wide ass open, and coop for not being a dog and demanding the ball more. There’s blame to go around, but Dak ain’t the guy to get him the ball if teams game plan to take coop away