Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

3 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

laugh jordan GIF

Big Enos and Little Enos aren't signing those guys. They'll go bargain hunting and hope the players outperform their contracts. 

I'm not saying they will for fucks sake. I'm giving options that are open and I think could be viable. 

Smith might be too expensive and I have no idea what Ryan would command but its worth a look

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I know you don’t actually believe this happened…

I don’t believe it happened. I know it happened. amari is a smart cat and he knows dak is fucking garbage. he told the truth about it and dak put a hit out on him. it perfectly explains why we took a 5th rounder for an elite receiver. 

I actually like LVE getting another year. He flashes potential, he's still young, athletic, he is at least serviceable and provides depth at worse. He is less than half a year removed from the Jaylon effect and perhaps can still unlearn all the bad habits he obtained from his teammate totally blowing assignments and forcing him to improvise. And I kinda like the kid. He'll probably have a good year then cash in with some other team in free agency and become a big deal.

I just discovered something interesting, although probably meaningless, while perusing Cowboys OL starts.

The Cowboys were 5-5 when Collins was the starting right tackle. They were 7-0 when Steele was the starting right tackle. 

Championship...

25 minutes ago, DougO said:

I just discovered something interesting, although probably meaningless, while perusing Cowboys OL starts.

The Cowboys were 5-5 when Collins was the starting right tackle. They were 7-0 when Steele was the starting right tackle. 

Championship...

The problem is Collins is a guard but he doesn't want to play there because it means less money.

Could have been a dirt cheap option as a backup TE coming back home to Texas.

Dolphins re-signed TE Durham Smythe to a two-year, $8 million contract.

Mike Gesicki took to Twitter, actually breaking the news by saying, "The Miami Dolphins have re-signed and made the best signing of anyone across the league." He would go on to note that Smythe is coming back on a two-year deal. Smythe caught 34 balls for 357 yards last year. The veteran tight end is also a QB sneak aficionado somehow. He converted both of his attempts for first downs in 2021. Gesicki remains the team's TE1 but Smythe is a solid backup and role player for Miami.

Cowboys signed WR James Washington to a one year deal. Funny, I was just thinking last night that Washington was a guy who could come in cheap and do Cedrick Wilson type things at least. 

Actually that was James Washington the DB from the 90’s teams they signed. Stephen didn’t realize he’s now 59 years old.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, futureman said:

I don’t believe it happened. I know it happened. amari is a smart cat and he knows dak is fucking garbage. he told the truth about it and dak put a hit out on him. it perfectly explains why we took a 5th rounder for an elite receiver. 

From all reports Cooper is not one to complain...or say much.  Dont think he just decided out of the blue to say something when the knock on him is he is very passive. ...They only got a 5th because everyone knew they were releasing him. That's it thats the reason. 

On 3/17/2022 at 6:51 PM, futureman said:

today I learned that amari cooper called dak the black kirk cousins in the locker room after that fraudulent fuck lost to jimmy garropolo in the 1st round of the playoffs. dak’s swollen cunt sprayed blood everywhere for days and that’s why we had to take a 5th rounder up the ass in return for giving away a legit #1 receiver. can you goddamned assfaces imagine what it would be like to have a legit #1 qb? unfuckingbelievable. how have none of you asshole dak-apologists posted that shit?

You know what you're right, fuck this QB, lemme just go pluck one off the "top 5 talent in the world" tree, it's super fuckin easy.

• Like 1

Stafford signs about the same contract Dak has and they signed Allen Robinson and still have Donald and others on big contracts. Quit buying into this bullshit the Dallas front office pushes like they are handicapped because of certain contracts. they are just fucking morons. There is no such thing as cap hell.

• Hook 'Em 3

I agree with the previous poster. I don’t think they wanted Cooper on this team at all, whether that was the Jones’s, or Dak, or both. There’s some behind the scenes shit that we don’t know about. They would’ve kept them if they wanted to. They just used the cap as an excuse 

24 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

There’s some behind the scenes shit that we don’t know about.

everyone knows about it. I explained it upthread. amari knows dak is a fraud and told him as much. dak’s gunt bled like a firehose and he cried until jerry took a 5th rounder for him. 

• Haha 2

Yep just like they didn't want Robert Quinn because of things behind the scenes or DeMarcus Ware, or Byron Jones,  or any number of players they've pulled "reasons"  out their collective asses to justify letting go of players, because of reasons.  I can't remember the site but there was an article that came out prior to Dak being franchised the first go around that basically said that the Cowboys had the least amount of cash paid in outgoing salaries over that 3 to 4 years.  In other words Stephen runs a cheap ship. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

11 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yep just like they didn't want Robert Quinn because of things behind the scenes or DeMarcus Ware, or Byron Jones,  or any number of players they've pulled "reasons"  out their collective asses to justify letting go of players, because of reasons.  I can't remember the site but there was an article that came out prior to Dak being franchised the first go around that basically said that the Cowboys had the least amount of cash paid in outgoing salaries over that 3 to 4 years.  In other words Stephen runs a cheap ship. 

The only players they ever pay big money to are players they drafted themselves. AKA, sucking their own dicks about how great they were at drafting, ignoring the fact that the entire point of the draft is so you can have good players for cheap. I'll bet other GMs laugh as they offer absurd contracts to FAs off our team that we drafted, knowing thay we will fully match and exceed whatever stupidity it is that they've offered.

They're morons.

Edited by Pam Cummings

18 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I agree with the previous poster. I don’t think they wanted Cooper on this team at all, whether that was the Jones’s, or Dak, or both. There’s some behind the scenes shit that we don’t know about. They would’ve kept them if they wanted to. They just used the cap as an excuse 

He wasn't worth the money. He disappeared the last half of the season and looked wasted like he was running in mud after he came back from bad covid. Some other guys have never looked the same again after bad covid. Zeke and Anton Khudobin being 2 of the local team guys. I would be surprised if Cleveland doesn't regret the contract. 

Remember Oakland traded him because they didn't believe he was all in on football and his career. I think the Cowboys did the same. The front office didn't fuck up by trading Cooper. They fucked up by not aggressively pursuing replacements for the guys they let go. 

On 3/19/2022 at 12:11 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

If Watson is the same player he was before all this bullshit, Cooper will thrive. I bet they go get will fuller too

Fast guys with skillet hands and propensity for getting injured are easy to find.  Why go expensive there?

FOQx6FkVUAAM6_T?format=jpg&name=large

So why would anyone who is disgusted by issues with the ownership and front office go to the fucking Chargers? The Spanos family leads the league in overall shittiness, and their failed referendums were not based on a lack of love for the Chargers but a hatred of the Spanos family. I’ve followed the Chargers since Lance Alworth. Ineptitude knows no bounds in that front office, and this current coaching staff is miles ahead of McCarthy in the stupid meter. That’s a horrible bandwagon to jump on.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

So why would anyone who is disgusted by issues with the ownership and front office go to the fucking Chargers? The Spanos family leads the league in overall shittiness, and their failed referendums were not based on a lack of love for the Chargers but a hatred of the Spanos family. I’ve followed the Chargers since Lance Alworth. Ineptitude knows no bounds in that front office, and this current coaching staff is miles ahead of McCarthy in the stupid meter. That’s a horrible bandwagon to jump on.

Agreed. Chargers are the Cowboys of the AFC.