Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

10 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The vigilante propping up the corrupt and racist Gotham (NYC) police department's subjugation of the populace at the behest of corporate greed by waging a war on the poor and mentally ill?

Yeah fuck that asshole

Not to mention that Ben Afflack sucks.

Once again, the Cap, or at least the idea that it's finite and can't be worked around, is complete bull shit.

The Cowboys could afford to keep almost everyone they want AND sign other players if they were smart and worked the system at all...they simply don't' want to.  

Stephen is worse than Jerry ever was.  

• Like 1

Once again, the Cap, or at least the idea that it's finite and can't be worked around, is complete bull shit.
The Cowboys could afford to keep almost everyone they want AND sign other players if they were smart and worked the system at all...they simply don't' want to.  

At some point it comes home to roost. I agree they have been inept this off-season but at some point every dollar paid has to be accounted for. The Bengals went to the super bowl as cheapskates. If Rodgers retires in 23 the Packers will have a massive influx of dead money. We don know the guarantee yet on Bobby Wagner but I wouldn’t sign a 32 yo LB to a 5 year contract.

7 hours ago, Drew said:

The Rams are doing this by back loading a shit load of deals. Every one of these they've signed are back loaded. They've also lost quite a bit from this season including their pro bowl LT. 

I don't know how they'll be competitive past the next season or two. They traded away so much draft capital and have so much money tied up in back loaded contracts. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

At some point it comes home to roost. I agree they have been inept this off-season but at some point every dollar paid has to be accounted for. The Bengals went to the super bowl as cheapskates. If Rodgers retires in 23 the Packers will have a massive influx of dead money. We don know the guarantee yet on Bobby Wagner but I wouldn’t sign a 32 yo LB to a 5 year contract.

15 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

The Rams are doing this by back loading a shit load of deals. Every one of these they've signed are back loaded. They've also lost quite a bit from this season including their pro bowl LT. 

I don't know how they'll be competitive past the next season or two. They traded away so much draft capital and have so much money tied up in back loaded contracts. 

Oh I agree at some point it will...but we've been saying it about the  Rams for a couple years no to no ill effect.

And if it gets a SB, why should it matter that they'll have some bad contracts later one...get that win like the Rams did.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Oh I agree at some point it will...but we've been saying it about the  Rams for a couple years no to no ill effect.

And if it gets a SB, why should it matter that they'll have some bad contracts later one...get that win like the Rams did.

They built up a defense that was good enough before going all in and really started it with the Ramsey trade. Do you really feel confident with this team and with how Dak looked the last half of the season and playoff game that going all in now would get it done? They'd basically forefit the last several years of Dak's prime if they did it now. 

I'd wait and see how I could build in the draft and how Dak progresses before going all in during the last few years of Dak's prime. Part of that is building up draft capital now but of course they're idiots who only get a 5th round pick for Cooper because they let everyone know they do their deals not just expecting but needing to cut these contracts after 2-3 years. The Cowboys leadership isn't capable of properly executing an All-In plan.

The Rams have figured out how to kick the can down the road. They know the new TV contract and wagering will increase the cap in 24. But I don’t think McVay has any plans to coach much longer. Win this season he’s gone to TV. If Rams have to dismantle and rebuild down the road it’s not his concern.

At Jerry’s age you’d think he’d be telling Stephen to push in all the chips. I think last season’s team should have been that one, had they bolstered the o line enough. Bad coaching and no reinforcements in season. The front office has zero vision.
  • Like 1

Fuck Jerry Jones. I haven’t been to a Cowboys game since 1995 and I refuse to go to one until he is dead. I will not put a penny directly into that man’s pocket. I understand he still get alias by my watching, but I will not buy and Cowboys stuff or go to a game until he is dead. Rot in hell Jerry.

2 hours ago, Hate said:

Fuck Jerry Jones. I haven’t been to a Cowboys game since 1995 and I refuse to go to one until he is dead. I will not put a penny directly into that man’s pocket. I understand he still get alias by my watching, but I will not buy and Cowboys stuff or go to a game until he is dead. Rot in hell Jerry.

nfl game day experience sucks

I can't believe Cowboys fans are so upset over Bobby Wagner. It would have been nice to have him for a year or two at 10 per or so, but that apparently wasn't happening, so they passed. I think the LB corps will be pretty good assuming Cox is full speed ahead, and draft an edge that will allow Parsons to not spend too much time lining up at end.

It just seems weird that people who keep saying Dak is horrible and the Cowboys have no shot getting past the first round of the playoffs seem to think Bobby Wagner and keeping Cooper and Gregory would have fixed that.

• Like 1

User name and what not

21 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Dolphins got a 3rd rounder for 29 year old, no pro bowls Devonta Parker, Cowboys got a 5th for 27 year old 4 time pro bowler Amari Cooper.

Cowboys were going to cut Cooper for nothing...they at least got something for him. They weren't going to pay him $20M bucks for next year when Lamb is taking more and more yards from him anyway.

On 4/1/2022 at 7:51 PM, Hate said:

That was the last year I attended a Cowboys game in person. I wonder if it was the same game (Cardinals).

On 4/2/2022 at 2:16 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Cowboys were going to cut Cooper for nothing...they at least got something for him. They weren't going to pay him $20M bucks for next year when Lamb is taking more and more yards from him anyway.

And the execution of that decision and transaction is the issue.  It was done clownishly.   A little more patience, a little less publicity, maybe the organization should be a little more opaque in these situations and perhaps they get a better return.  But nah, we have Big and lil' Enos tripping over the dicks and wanting to soak in every fucking interview to keep up their celebrity status.  It's largely become obvious, the best owners are the ones who get the fuck out of the way and say little publicly..... except for speaking when accepting championship trophies.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

And the execution of that decision and transaction is the issue.  It was done clownishly.   A little more patience, a little less publicity, maybe the organization should be a little more opaque in these situations and perhaps they get a better return.  But nah, we have Big and lil' Enos tripping over the dicks and wanting to soak in every fucking interview to keep up their celebrity status.  It's largely become obvious, the best owners are the ones who get the fuck out of the way and say little publicly..... except for speaking when accepting championship trophies.

thats-fair-okay.gif

As far as the current offseason Collins was a way worse fuckup than Cooper. They paid a ridiculous price for Cooper helping them get one playoff win in four seasons. Good luck to Cleveland, the Cowboys of the AFC. They only got a shitty 5th rounder for him, but at least freed up some significant needed space that he wasn't filling adequately with his one body. The Cowboys probably aren't filling it adequately, either, but at least they're moving on, as they should. No other NFL team was offering diddly squat for Cooper and his salary. 

They should have gotten something decent for Collins, a starting right tackle that more than half teams in the league would like to have, with many needing a plug and play option and plenty of cap to use. They played that one horribly, tipped their hand, undersold a valuable asset that wasn't obscenely overpriced. They should have demanded a decent pick, at least a 3 or 4, or just keep him and play him, eat the salary that wasn't that absurd, make him play guard or beat out Steele at RT, wait for the inevitable injury to Tyron, or trade him post-draft or mid-season to a team that finds themselves in a bind and will pay bigger.

But we shouldn't be expecting better strategery from this bunch, the same dipshits that retained almost the entire coaching staff that was befuddled and out-coached, out-prepared and out-schemed all of last year, a Cowboys tradition that goes back a long ways. 

Edited by DougO
  • Hook 'Em 2

As far as the current offseason Collins was a way worse fuckup than Cooper. They paid a ridiculous price for Cooper helping them get one playoff win in four seasons. Good luck to Cleveland, the Cowboys of the AFC. They only got a shitty 5th rounder for him, but at least freed up some significant needed space that he wasn't filling adequately with his one body. The Cowboys probably aren't filling it adequately, either, but at least they're moving on, as they should. No other NFL team was offering diddly squat for Cooper and his salary. 
They should have gotten something decent for Collins, a starting right tackle that more than half teams in the league would like to have, with many needing a plug and play option and plenty of cap to use. They played that one horribly, tipped their hand, undersold a valuable asset that wasn't obscenely overpriced. They should have demanded a decent pick, at least a 3 or 4, or just keep him and play him, eat the salary that wasn't that absurd, make him play guard or beat out Steele at RT, wait for the inevitable injury to Tyron, or trade him post-draft or mid-season to a team that finds themselves in a bind and will pay bigger.
But we shouldn't be expecting better strategery from this bunch, the same dipshits that retained almost the entire coaching staff that was befuddled and out-coached, out-prepared and out-schemed all of last year, a Cowboys tradition that goes back a long ways. 

The Collins play was the worst unless there is more to the drug suspension than we know. I wasn’t happy with him trying to bribe a piss taker. Your play moving him to guard, put Steele at RT, and then seeking anything at Center better than Biadicz while drafting one along with two more linemen in this draft would have been far simpler. This is a uniquely deep draft because of Covid. A team with lots of picks can get quite the haul without guaranteed contracts of the first round.

No way this crew could do the kind of trade saints and eagles did today. I think eagles came out ahead on paper.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The Collins play was the worst unless there is more to the drug suspension than we know. I wasn’t happy with him trying to bribe a piss taker. Your play moving him to guard, put Steele at RT, and then seeking anything at Center better than Biadicz while drafting one along with two more linemen in this draft would have been far simpler. This is a uniquely deep draft because of Covid. A team with lots of picks can get quite the haul without guaranteed contracts of the first round.

No way this crew could do the kind of trade saints and eagles did today. I think eagles came out ahead on paper.

Agreed. The Saints move seems like desperation, and their pick next year that they traded away may be low and could have gotten them their next qb. I don't feel great about the qb crop this year. That trade doesn't make that much sense for me. For the Eagles it looks far better, but still a gamble. But a better gamble.

If I were McCarthy I would tell Trystin Hill he's spending the rest of the offseason, at least, converting to guard. Why not? He's just a rotation guy at best at DL. He's a longshot to be on the team in 2023. Heck, me may not be in the team in 2022. Give it a try, maybe they stumble on something that works and save that wasted pick. They can always flip him back for the start of the season, or just ditch him, if it's a total bust. I would be turning every stone possible to find some OL depth.

On 4/4/2022 at 3:12 PM, DougO said:

I truly couldn't believe my eyes when they traded Collins for that cheap. The Cowboys deserve a better front office and I firmly believed for a long time the Cowboys deserved less than nothing. But jesus that how dumb the trade was. The past 20 years have made me pity-hate instead of hate-hate the Cowboys.

2 hours ago, Get ln My Van said:

Apparently Kelvin Joseph murdered someone so that’s neat.

Trade up for Derek Stingley?

I would slow your roll here....... it's a scrupulous rumor at best right now with a lot of credibility issues.  It originally came off a post from Facebook who said it looked like Joseph.  Now maybe this turns into something, but pretty charged thing to declare.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I would slow your roll here....... it's a scrupulous rumor at best right now with a lot of credibility issues.  It originally came off a post from Facebook who said it looked like Joseph.  Now maybe this turns into something, but pretty charged thing to declare.

Hope it turns out to be nothing 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

So Katfid 

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

All I saw is he is on tape "involved" in the murder. Whatever that means. I guess we will see how it develops. 

From what I can discern, the person in the picture, who has a chain which blurrily looks like his brand, got into a beef with a guy at some club, but nothing came of it and they went their separate ways.  A little while later, one of the guys was gunned in a drive-by.  That's the rumor as best as I could make sense of it.  Who knows though?

We'll have to see if it has legs....