Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, DougO said:

The end of Cooper's Cowboys tenure was not the problem. It was just the result of the chain of previous mistakes. That capital has all been spent and wasted already, now it's just in the past. It's a typical tale. 

Losing 800 yards from a number 2 guy that wasn't producing much in most of the games he played in last year isn't going to make or break the Cowboys. That's not terribly hard to replace. Fixing or not fixing the interior OL will have a much greater impact. Having or not having a decent backup for Tyron when he either gets hurt or just starts on the steep decline will have a huge impact. Having a significant running game or not will have a huge impact. Having a coaching staff either continue to get completely outcoached and out-schemed  on a weekly basis, or vastly improve, will have a huge impact.

And if it's all on Dak, as some seem to think, then the only thing that could fix that isn't likely to happen any time soon. So people should stop worrying about the wrong things. They need to nail this draft for about three immediate starters and a couple of good depth guys, as unlikely as that seems. 

You’re an idiot that doesn’t know football. Cooper will put up much better numbers than Lamb next year. 

We'll see. There's a reason the Raiders gave up on him too. He just doesn't seem to have it in him to be consistently great. Two franchises don't just trade away a legit number 1 receiver during his prime. He seems more like a complimentary 2nd receiver. He would have been great next to 2011 to 2015 Dez I think. 

Dak is a major problem at somewhere between 1/4 and 1/5 of the entire salary cap. At that high of a percentage the QB needs to be great enough to make rookie contract and low to mid salary vets work on offense so there's money to build a legit defense. He's definitely not that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hermanator said:

We'll see. There's a reason the Raiders gave up on him too. He just doesn't seem to have it in him to be consistently great. Two franchises don't just trade away a legit number 1 receiver during his prime. He seems more like a complimentary 2nd receiver. He would have been great next to 2011 to 2015 Dez I think. 

Dak is a major problem at somewhere between 1/4 and 1/5 of the entire salary cap. At that high of a percentage the QB needs to be great enough to make rookie contract and low to mid salary vets work on offense so there's money to build a legit defense. He's definitely not that. 

It comes down to Jersey sales.  Coop doesn't sell jerseys like Dak, Zeke and Lamb and that's all the Cowboys care about. 

9 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I usually laugh at the football opinions of, in order, Drew, Texzilla, Fecals Guy, and Hermanator. In this instance, your Cooper comments are idiotic, but your Dak comment is spot on. Cue Drew and how great a deal it is we have Dak for that price. I wouldn’t pay him half that money. 

Why are WRs suddenly worth so much? Seems like one of the easiest things to replace. Leave it up to us not to take advantage of teams being dumb enough to give up multiple draft picks for that position. Also, is the murderer still on the team? Christ.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Why are WRs suddenly worth so much? Seems like one of the easiest things to replace. Leave it up to us not to take advantage of teams being dumb enough to give up multiple draft picks for that position. Also, is the murderer still on the team? Christ.

The murderer? Lol. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I usually laugh at the football opinions of, in order, Drew, Texzilla, Fecals Guy, and Hermanator. In this instance, your Cooper comments are idiotic, but your Dak comment is spot on. Cue Drew and how great a deal it is we have Dak for that price. I wouldn’t pay him half that money. 

Considering who this is coming from, it's pretty easy to ignore you and your opinions on anything at all. 

And yes, Dak has a horrible deal this with his MASSIVE 19 mil hit against the Cap(which is 11th at this point, and will probably be lower after some other guys get paid).  Ya'll still whining over his salary is hilarious.

15 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Vegas traded him because they were rebuilding with Gruden..... how did that go?

5 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

They're considered one of the 5 core positions -- QB, LT, Pass Rusher, CB, and WR.  From a talent and cap allocation, these positions are generally (not always) prioritized.

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Vegas traded him because they were rebuilding with Gruden..... how did that go?

They're considered one of the 5 core positions -- QB, LT, Pass Rusher, CB, and WR.  From a talent and cap allocation, these positions are generally (not always) prioritized.

We'll see how it goes. He could be an elite top receiver who just under performed in Oakland and Dallas but turns it around now. I don't see that happening and normally guys this deep into a career don't just change but we'll see. There was a ton of info out there about coaches questioning his lack of love for the game before the trade to Dallas and maybe it's what the Cowboys saw as well and why they were so quick to send him on. 

9 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I can't tell if you're intentionally trying to emulate the pompous asshole villain of 80s teen movies or if you're really just that unlikable. 

• Like 1

We'll see how it goes. He could be an elite top receiver who just under performed in Oakland and Dallas but turns it around now. I don't see that happening and normally guys this deep into a career don't just change but we'll see. There was a ton of info out there about coaches questioning his lack of love for the game before the trade to Dallas and maybe it's what the Cowboys saw as well and why they were so quick to send him on. 

Agreed. Cooper has a tendency to disappear in games and sometimes is on the sideline. I believe he is a top W/R talent but with a WR2 mindset. That is still worth the 1 they gave for him. The issue is how poorly Stephen judged the market and how poorly he sold Amari’s value to other teams. His father is maybe the greatest salesman I ever met. They could have at least gotten a two for him handled better. Total botch.

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Cooper could have a much better year with Watson, a far more electric passer. But then again maybe not. Watson's game is so much about the improvised sandlot plays, improvisation, which hasn't appeared to be Cooper's particular bag. But as of now, before the draft, the rest of that WR corps is pretty low end. Cooper will have little choice but to be a number one guy.

Just now, Texzilla58 said:

Agreed. Cooper has a tendency to disappear in games and sometimes is on the sideline. I believe he is a top W/R talent but with a WR2 mindset. That is still worth the 1 they gave for him. The issue is how poorly Stephen judged the market and how poorly he sold Amari’s value to other teams. His father is maybe the greatest salesman I ever met. They could have at least gotten a two for him handled better. Total botch.

He could have been worth the one they paid for him if they had not given him the absurd contract of a top 5 big dawg receiver. He's not that. He's that maybe about two games per year.

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

There's also a ton of actual evidence and data which shows that Dak and the offense are all way better with Amari on the field with them.  I don't think Amari is an elite, first ballot HOF type of player, but I do think he's an excellent route runner and easily the best outside WR we had and commanded attention and brackets.  To give up on someone like that for a 5th rounder because we wanted to save our money for...... Randy Gregory?  Dalton Schultz?  Because we have to pay Zeke 14 million?  Please tell me what we're saving our money for?  Why did we show our hand and try and build a media narrative of how overpaid Amari was while the WR market goes crazy and sold him for pennies on the dollar?  Are you trying to argue the Cowboys' front office is sound or even savvy when managing the cap?  Since when/

Most insiders are literally laughing their asses off at how we handled the Cooper situation, regardless if you wanted him on the roster next year.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

There's also a ton of actual evidence and data which shows that Dak and the offense are all way better with Amari on the field with them.  I don't think Amari is an elite, first ballot HOF type of player, but I do think he's an excellent route runner and easily the best outside WR we had and commanded attention and brackets.  To give up on someone like that for a 5th rounder because we wanted to save our money for...... Randy Gregory?  Dalton Schultz?  Because we have to pay Zeke 14 million?  Please tell me what we're saving our money for?  Why did we show our hand and try and build a media narrative of how overpaid Amari was while the WR market goes crazy and sold him for pennies on the dollar?  Are you trying to argue the Cowboys' front office is sound or even savvy when managing the cap?  Since when/

Most insiders are literally laughing their asses off at how we handled the Cooper situation, regardless if you wanted him on the roster next year.

Oh I never said the front office didn't completely screw this whole thing up. They screwed it up. Just said I have had serious doubts about Cooper being a top of the league legit number 1. He has the ability to do it but always seems to not be making the big plays when the team most needs it outside of 1 game against Philly the year of his trade here. I don't think he'll ever be that guy who makes winning plays in the playoffs and I think it's worth seeing if Lamb can be that guy with more targets. They weren't going to have both Cooper and Lamb on huge contracts so I don't see how letting him go now was a bad decision even though screwing up the whole process of trading him was certainly bad. 

It simply wasn't working and it wasn't going to work. It was headed the wrong direction and at a big cost. Cooper didn't give them what they had hoped, so they let somebody else take over that project and that salary and moved on. They can now try something else. They will probably fuck that up too.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

If you look at how they racked up those numbers it's pretty clear those players aren't having the same trajectory. If a legit fortune teller had told the Cowboys they would be getting 3100 yards for their investment in Cooper three years ago they would have probably had second thoughts. They thought they were getting a perennial All Pro top receiver, and that didn't turn out to be the case. 

Another major thing left out of that tweet, three of those receivers earned around 2 mil last season. Cooper was payed 22 mil. Not exactly a good comp.

So Deebo is demanding a trade and refuses to discuss a big $ extension because he knows Shanahan will wreck his career. They say they can’t imagine trading him. They love him. Blah blah. No doubt they’ll take a one and another high pick for him. The phones are ringing.

Contrast that with Jerry and Stephen with Amari. That fucker didn’t step up. We’ll cut him. Oh we got a five for him. Pathetic.

• Rage+1 1

On 4/22/2022 at 12:20 PM, speed817 said:

Saw this at Scheels. Every cowboys fan says this shit 🤣🤣🤣

PXL_20220422_165718360.thumb.jpg.4113c50798fad833f7989861a9993d28.jpg

First Jerry hires an OU coach so he can destroy a potential dynasty. After 25 years of mediocrity he introduces the fake trophy last year and now this shit. He has turned the fan base into Aggy.

Edited by DanTheHorn

16 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

So Deebo is demanding a trade and refuses to discuss a big $ extension because he knows Shanahan will wreck his career. They say they can’t imagine trading him. They love him. Blah blah. No doubt they’ll take a one and another high pick for him. The phones are ringing.

Contrast that with Jerry and Stephen with Amari. That fucker didn’t step up. We’ll cut him. Oh we got a five for him. Pathetic.

Deebo is twice the player Amari Cooper is and he's still on his rookie contract for 2022.

24 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I don't necessarily disagree but this is just Jerrah being funny. It's actually one of the things he does well.

There’s nothing funny about a mic being in front of that buffoon. 

Deebo is twice the player Amari Cooper is and he's still on his rookie contract for 2022.

Ok. If he’s twice the player and SF gets two ones, or a one and a three, that’s way more than a five. And a trade will like include an extension for Deebo that might be biggest for a W/R. I m saying regardless of player or ability level, you never denigrate the merchandise publicly. They played Amari’s situation about as bad as you can. I guess they could have just cut him because the fifth pick paperwork was too hard.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Here's a list of interviewees prior to the draft:

Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas (x2)
DeMarvin Leal, DL, Texas A&M
Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A&M
Jalen Wydermyer, TE, Texas A&M (x2)
Cade Otton, TE, Washington
Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia
Charles Cross OT, Mississippi State
Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia
Drake London, WR, USC
Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah
Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan (x2)
Zion Johnson, G, Boston College
Isaiah Likely, TE, Coastal Carolina
Ja’Tyre Carter, OT, Southern
Luke Fortner, OC, Kentucky
Connor Heyward, TE, Michigan State
Chasen Hines, OG, LSU
D’Eriq King, QB/WR, Miami (FL)
Chris Paul, OL, Tulsa
Abram Smith, RB, Baylor
Bailey Zappe, QB, Western Kentucky
Cole Strange, OL, Chattanooga
Charleston Rambo, WR, Miami (FL)
Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis
Cole Turner, TE, Nevada*

29 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Here's a list of interviewees prior to the draft:

Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas (x2)
DeMarvin Leal, DL, Texas A&M
Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A&M
Jalen Wydermyer, TE, Texas A&M (x2)
Cade Otton, TE, Washington
Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia
Charles Cross OT, Mississippi State
Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia
Drake London, WR, USC
Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah
Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan (x2)
Zion Johnson, G, Boston College
Isaiah Likely, TE, Coastal Carolina
Ja’Tyre Carter, OT, Southern
Luke Fortner, OC, Kentucky
Connor Heyward, TE, Michigan State
Chasen Hines, OG, LSU
D’Eriq King, QB/WR, Miami (FL)
Chris Paul, OL, Tulsa
Abram Smith, RB, Baylor
Bailey Zappe, QB, Western Kentucky
Cole Strange, OL, Chattanooga
Charleston Rambo, WR, Miami (FL)
Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis
Cole Turner, TE, Nevada*

Yeah I won’t be sucked into any Cowboys shit ever again until they are playing for the NFC title. Which they won’t because they have zero culture.