Texas A&M @ Texas Game Thread

Cairn Horn88

Brutal night. I was hoping our offense would be crushing homers not theirs.

The season is really down to our weekend starters now. If they cannot support this offense and go deep into games we have no chance. Hansen and Stevens cannot pitch like they did in Lubbock again because this pen is unlikely to hold for more than a few innings if we're lucky.

14 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Do we have ANYBODY who can consistently throw strikes, besides our first two starters?   It doesn’t seem like it.  Cobb maybe?

I don't think throwing strikes is that difficult for them. Now throwing strikes that don't get driven back up our ass, that's very different.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

The season is really down to our weekend starters now. If they cannot support this offense and go deep into games we have no chance. Hansen and Stevens cannot pitch like they did in Lubbock again because this pen is unlikely to hold for more than a few innings if we're lucky.

Well, really, even if they do go deep, we have little chance in tournament play unless our pen finds its ass.  There's only two of them.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

You can’t win tournament baseball without a deep bullpen.  This is a big enough sample size that I think we’re fucked.  It’s not getting better but worse as the season goes on. 

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

You can’t win tournament baseball without a deep bullpen.  This is a big enough sample size that I think we’re fucked.  It’s not getting better but worse as the season goes on. 

That’s not necessarily true. You don’t really need a deep bullpen but you do need consistent starters that can go deep i games and 2 guys plus a closer. That really was our recipe last year and a lot of the Augie years 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

We used three guys out of the pen last year once we got into the post season. You're probably right but hey we just need Nixon and a few guys.

• Hook 'Em 1

did everyone think the staff that got rolled by UCLA, Souf Carolina, College of Charleston and Texas State, was gonna come out and beat aggy?  this staff with Witt was pretty good.  without him they are the definition of average.  we'll do well to host a regional and win that.  will be considered a success given 80% of our staff can't throw strikes and is generally 88-90 mile an hour meat.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

That’s not necessarily true. You don’t really need a deep bullpen but you do need consistent starters that can go deep i games and 2 guys plus a closer. That really was our recipe last year and a lot of the Augie years 

It depends on whether you have to come out of the losers bracket.  

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

This is on Pierce and Allen. The whole pitching staff should not go to shit because one guy goes down for the season. Don’t get to watch enough of the games because of work but there is way more to it than every guy on our pitching staff all of a sudden forgot how to pitch

• Hook 'Em 1