Better Call Saul- returns August 6th

Goo Punch

If he's on payroll, he's gonna have to either opt-in or opt-out of health insurance.  assuming he's not just the guy on the fry machine at Pollos (which is a red flag considering his education and teaching experience).   Let's assume he'd be Asst. Manager material (or better) at Pollos or even Madrigal.  So that kinda position is gonna be eligible for health insurance.  Crazy for him to opt-out of health insurance, even during remission.  He'll need as much care as he can still get under his coverage.  But the new plan will wonder how he paid for his old care.  If he opts out, looks even stranger.  I think they kept him off the books because of the insurance question.  And because Walt didn't want them (Gus & Co.) knowing any more about his family than they already did (assuming it was a family plan).  

I’m guessing she leaves him out of disgust once he totally breaks Saul.  All the love and admiration we’ve accrued for her will be lost like tears in the rain when she looks upon jimmy in dismay and says, “chuck was right about one thing...jimmy with a law degree is like a gorilla with a bazooka.  You’re not a lawyer anymore, you’re a conman with a law degree.  You’re Slipping James McGill, esquire.   I can’t be with you like this.  I don’t even know who you are anymore.”  

And she moves to Alamogordo to hang her shingle and move on with her life.  

Edited by Lobo

my jokey post aside, that’s an interesting point.  She is from somewhere near Kansas/Nebraska area.  Of all the gin joints for jimmy/Saul/gene to end up in, she could very well haves moved back to that area.  Can’t be that hard to pass the Nebraska bar exam once you’ve conquered the New Mexico gauntlet.  

They've got to be setting up a final episode with an awkward Kim at Cinnabon meeting.

Nacho is my favorite character in the series with Kim a close second.

Gus, Mike, and jimmy look really old.

Kim is so believable as a kind of hot, driven attorney. Excellent casting.

it would be totally normal and believable for kim to just move on with her life.  but this is tv, and there would be so many people clamoring for some sort of kim closure shouting from the rooftops, "if she's still alive, then why come we never done saw her in the breaking bads??!!"  so yeah, she'll probably die.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

"if she's still alive, then why come we never done saw her in the breaking bads??!!"  so yeah, she'll probably die.

Good point, but allow me to counter... Let's take NorthLoop's suggestion she moved back home once Saul shows up. She wouldn't have been in NM during the Heisenberg era. There's plenty of wiggle room with her character before after BCS. But I wouldn't put it past Vince to kill her off. Nobody is safe in his world.

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Good point, but allow me to counter... Let's take NorthLoop's suggestion she moved back home once Saul shows up. She wouldn't have been in NM during the Heisenberg era. There's plenty of wiggle room with her character before after BCS. But I wouldn't put it past Vince to kill her off. Nobody is safe in his world.

i agree that the more likely real world scenario is nothing overly complicated.  something like, "she just moved away."  what i'm saying is that because of the fans who lose their shit over tiny cameos and anything else related to bb, i have a bad feeling they're gonna kill her off to avoid those questions.

even on shaggy there were plenty of people during season one saying, "i wonder how kim is going to die because she's not in breaking bad."  i made fun of those people now, and will continue to, all the way until her untimely demise.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i agree that the more likely real world scenario is nothing overly complicated.  something like, "she just moved away."  what i'm saying is that because of the fans who lose their shit over tiny cameos and anything else related to bb, i have a bad feeling they're gonna kill her off to avoid those questions.

even on shaggy there were plenty of people during season one saying, "i wonder how kim is going to die because she's not in breaking bad."  i made fun of those people now, and will continue to, all the way until her untimely demise.

This. It's why the show and it's fans are it's own worst enemy sometimes. Of course not everyone needs to die or be written off the show in some spectacular way but however it does happen people will be pissed or call it lame. 

and yeah, again, the rewatchability of these episodes just won't be there. i'm enjoying the show, but i don't really see myself rewatching any of this season to this point. kind of disappointed that we waited so long for this season and it's just kind of moseying a long and we don't seem to be any closer to Jimmy becoming Saul. This episode all took place in, what, over the span of two total days? This isn't going to be a 20+ episode season, so i wish we'd speed things up a bit.

Episode last night showed the rift developing between Jimmy and Kim.  My guess is that when she learns about Jimmy's theft of the figurine, it will be the final straw and she will leave him which will accelerate his spiral into becoming Saul.  Jimmy is also making new friends in low places.

Could be but what would be the point of the fake letter? Jimmy didn't know of it's existence so why write it? 

As written, it appeared to have been from years earlier but was still a complete contradiction to how Chuck felt about Jimmy later on and therefore couldn't have been any comfort.

22 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

Could be but what would be the point of the fake letter? Jimmy didn't know of it's existence so why write it? 

As written, it appeared to have been from years earlier but was still a complete contradiction to how Chuck felt about Jimmy later on and therefore couldn't have been any comfort.

Just guessing here.  Jimmy could hear about the letter from Hamlin so Kim had to deliver it.  But Hamlin did not read it so Kim could write her own because she did not want Jimmy to experience any more heartache.  I don't recall the line that the letter was hand written.  If it was, then it likely was real.

16 minutes ago, WBT said:

Gale showing up sent me to youtube to watch Jesse killing him.  It's still tough to watch, Aaron Paul was so great in that scene.  Half Measures and Full Measure were the peak of the series for me.

Just watched that. Amazing scene.

Great episode last night, I was physically uncomfortable the whole time the guy was stuck in the office trying to steal the dumb statue. Love seeing Joe Derosa too.

I think that scene showed she's horrified at the thought of continuing on as their counsel.

My thought as well. They will need at least a regional, if not national, firm to handle the legal work and Kim is smart enough to know that. She could do a piece of it and make sure good local counsel is selected in each state, but this is way beyond the capacity of a solo practitioner.

9 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I was a little buzzed up watching after golf league but in regards to the letter, was I the only one wondering if Jimmy was making it up on the fly? And Kim knew.

This is what I was thinking.  He was making up as he went.  She read the letter.  Did we not see at the end of the last season that he wrote that before he did the fire?  I may be making that part up in my head.

People.

Charles wrote the letter, clearly at an earlier time.  Jimmy is already slipping into Saul and his killing Charles in his head emotionally.  Kim is full of emotion right now and hearing the kind(ish) words from a recently deceased brother of her bf made her cry.  She then got upset at Jimmy's lack of giving a shit.

Don't complicate this.

• Like 5

I think y'all are reading way too much into the letter.  Chuck wrote it.  Jimmy wasn't making it up, she was standing right there.  I think it was just a way to demonstrate how Jimmy had separated from the situation emotionally, a key part of him becoming Saul.  Kim knew both of them and is emotionally invested in their lives, and like any normal person, is upset how it all went down.  The fact that Jimmy has put up this wall is part of the reason why Kim and him will never make it.  That is my take at least.

• Like 1

first pete, and now repeat ^^.

for a show called better call saul, i'm very happy with all the stories, except jimmy's.  he's kinda stuck.  the cartel stuff is great, although i thought we lost mando for a second.  that would've sucked.  obviously we know the gale backstory, so i'm not super stoked about going through the specifics of that, unless there are some unexpected/interesting twists or details.

i think i just miss jimmy being an actual practicing attorney, even if he's not saul.  all the elder law + lawsuit stuff was great.  the last season or so we're just not getting as much of jimmy the lawyer.  in bb, saul was a lot of things, but not a petty thief.  i guess i was just hoping jimmy would morph into saul behind a desk in an office.  we shall see.