RollLeft

Galveston

On 6/21/2020 at 11:01 AM, dcbc said:

So we rented a house in Sea Isle for the week after the 4th.  Went last August and had the beach that far down the island virtually to ourselves.  Packing all of our food in for the week.  No restaurants.  Anyone ventured that far down and have reports of what we're in for this year?

Sandbar at West End Marina (Sea Isle) is open and so is Nate's in Jamaica Beach. I think Waterman's in Pirates is open, but would not go based on recent reviews I've heard. 

On 6/21/2020 at 11:01 AM, dcbc said:

So we rented a house in Sea Isle for the week after the 4th.  Went last August and had the beach that far down the island virtually to ourselves.  Packing all of our food in for the week.  No restaurants.  Anyone ventured that far down and have reports of what we're in for this year?

we will be there for the 4th. went to gaidos saturday and it was awesome. decided to drive to sea isle to check out the house, then take 288 back to houston (we had house showings and needed to kill time). the place is packed. try to rent you a golf cart if possible. will bring my polaris down. i have never seen galveston as crowded as it was and i grew up in galveston county.

10 minutes ago, riloh05 said:

we will be there for the 4th. went to gaidos saturday and it was awesome. decided to drive to sea isle to check out the house, then take 288 back to houston (we had house showings and needed to kill time). the place is packed. try to rent you a golf cart if possible. will bring my polaris down. i have never seen galveston as crowded as it was and i grew up in galveston county.

Watch out. Gaidos just announced they had an employee test post positive for Covid. 

31 minutes ago, riloh05 said:

Agreed.  Galveston has been packed this summer. 

We've taken the boat over to Watermans a couple times in the last few weeks.  We just stayed downstairs and it was much better than it used to be.  Of course it's hard to mess up Fish & Chips and a bucket of Coors Light.

We've taken the boat over to Watermans a couple times in the last few weeks.  We just stayed downstairs and it was much better than it used to be.  Of course it's hard to mess up Fish & Chips and a bucket of Coors Light.
Have you been over to Bolivar lately? We have a friend trip w kids (5 families) planned there for a month from now and I'm wondering if it might be dicey

On 6/23/2020 at 6:53 AM, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Heading to Pointe West Thursday.
Although the there are usually a few spots we like to eat, we are taking all our food and cooking at the house.

Stayed in a house out there last week.  Beach was very quiet.

I didnt go to the pool bu my kids did.  Said it was about ok.  People were keeping their distance from each other. 

The worst part of the whole trip was going to Kroger on the Seawall @ 61st.  That place was a freaking zoo.