Jump to content
Hugo Stiglitz

Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Are you just now getting into politics?

Coming from a one trick pony like you means so much to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 5:16 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Game blouses

 

Dear Paul Ryan,

This is how you run Congress.  Punish rivals and reward loyalists.  That's how this works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t sure whether to post this here or in Facebook thread, but hard to see a lot of regulation coming for either Amazon or Facebook.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe should go in the Reforms thread, but members of Congress should be banned from participating in the stock market during their tenure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 8:49 AM, Biff Tannen said:

Maybe should go in the Reforms thread, but members of Congress should be banned from participating in the stock market during their tenure.

There's a bill for that.

Oh, and Madam Speaker officially has the votes. She promised to step down after four years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There's a bill for that.
Oh, and Madam Speaker officially has the votes. She promised to step down after four years.

As many qualms as I may have about her, watching McCarthy hand her the gavel is going to be one of the great joys of my life.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:


As many qualms as I may have about her, watching McCarthy hand her the gavel is going to be one of the great joys of my life.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if Pence and Trump go out together early due to indictment (hey - nobody said you can't indict a sitting Veep), with proper timing Pelosi can be the First Woman POTUS.  

 

I'll look forward to Epi and Swam posts then. So much win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

And if Pence and Trump go out together early due to indictment (hey - nobody said you can't indict a sitting Veep), with proper timing Pelosi can be the First Woman POTUS.  

I'll look forward to Epi and Swam posts then. So much win.

If that somehow happened, I would be away from Surly for a few weeks while dining on the misery spewing forth from TexAgs, Free Republic, SEC Rant, /r/The_Donald, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

Slay queen!

 

 

I understand why progressives are opposed to PAYGO, but it can easily be waived when necessary. It's not really a big deal. It's mainly for show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I understand why progressives are opposed to PAYGO, but it can easily be waived when necessary. It's not really a big deal. It's mainly for show.

The problem is that "when necessary" will be determined by House leadership.  It also creates more pressure on Dems in swing districts to avoid voting for progressive legislation because votes to waive the paygo rule can be used against them in future attack ads.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

The problem is that "when necessary" will be determined by House leadership.  It also creates more pressure on Dems in swing districts to avoid voting for progressive legislation because votes to waive the paygo rule can be used against them in future attack ads.  

Hopefully AOC and Khanna will introduce legislation to get rid of the paygo law and not worry so much about a symbolic rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

 

Doesn't President Trump have investigators there?

You won't believe what they are finding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yoladu said:

Doesn't President Trump have investigators there?

You won't believe what they are finding!

Imma need to see Hawaii's long form birth certificate before I believe it's American.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Who brought the crying baby? 

Trump made an appearance to see Nance bang the gavel? Cute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch Trump try a refuse to go give the SotU because he doesn’t understand the Speaker always sends an invitation and his paranoid sponge brain thinks she’s trying to pull one over on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Watch Trump try a refuse to go give the SotU because he doesn’t understand the Speaker always sends an invitation and his paranoid sponge brain thinks she’s trying to pull one over on him.

I would actually applaud him for this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And you felt the need to post this because...............

Same reason I post Trump tweets. 

 

 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
—both sides—

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

because it is informative and might spur discussion. I have never watched one of his State of the Union addresses. Has he done one each year so far? Is this the process to get one to happen?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Probably got a bigger dick than you to.

It’s been a tough day for you now that the Democrats have taken over the House, huh? There, there little bear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Probably got a bigger dick than you to.

to.o.

Edited by TDunk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...