Bevo VIII

Truck Nuts

4 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

When I first saw one of the 2020's on the road, I had to do a double take because I thought it was Land Rover.    But they are earning Fix Or Repair Daily the GM fanboys like to throw at Ford guys when they get into a pissing match about which brand is better.    I recall a few years ago the Explorer Police Cruiser was having issues as well.  

Yeah, it's sharp looking.  And RWD is huge.  If it weren't such a POS, it would have been on my short list for this year's new vehicle.

On 7/15/2020 at 2:19 PM, HOOKEM4 said:

Welcome to the "I ain't waiting to get this thing fixed, I am buying a new truck now" club. It is my go to move. Post pics asshole and congrats!

One of these days, when the 529’s are all sorted, I’m going to join that club.  Well, the wife will. Lucky (hard working) bastards. 

Four weeks ago I was trying to decide between truck and suv to pull stuff, and now just put down a deposit on the Badlands, which of course can’t pull much of anything. I’ve sorta wrecked my plan

On 7/17/2020 at 12:31 PM, Nueces River Rat said:

When I first saw one of the 2020's on the road, I had to do a double take because I thought it was Land Rover.    But they are earning Fix Or Repair Daily the GM fanboys like to throw at Ford guys when they get into a pissing match about which brand is better.    I recall a few years ago the Explorer Police Cruiser was having issues as well.  

Fix it again Tony / dalegribble

Got the camper shell for my Ram installed Friday.  Just gotta mount the brackets for my yakima bars.

Ram-topper.jpg

16 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I am a bit surprised they didnt hit 70k but seems reasonable considering the market push to every nice vehicle at 100k. It could be worse.

3 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I am a bit surprised they didnt hit 70k but seems reasonable considering the market push to every nice vehicle at 100k. It could be worse.

Yeah, these #s weren't as bad as I was expecting.  The big issue now for me is how much the Sasquatch and "Mid" packages will run.   

Got a recall notice on my F150 and want to take it in to get sorted out. Does anyone have a recommendation on a Ford service department in NW Austin/Cedar Park/Leander?  This will be the first time I've taken it in for service, and all of the online reviews are pretty dismal for service departments across the board.

Honestly they all suck and they all take all day. If you can schedule an appointment with Covert and drop it off. Otherwise you will be there 8 hours in a Corona filled waiting room.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

Honestly they all suck and they all take all day. If you can schedule an appointment with Covert and drop it off. Otherwise you will be there 8 hours in a Corona filled waiting room.

Shit, the two recalls I've dealt with for my Toyota were a pain in the ass.  First you make an appointment to "inspect" the issue.  They have to verify that you actually do need the recall.  Then they have to order the part, which can take months, meanwhile you can't schedule the actual repair until the part arrives, so that's another couple weeks.  Luckily they weren't super important recalls, but still.  

So yea, I only go to dealer service for recalls or warranty shit and I wouldn't even think about just driving up.  Always get an appointment. Then unless they say it will only be an hour (at which I prepare for 2), I tell them I'm just leaving the car there and call me when it's done.

Edited by dingleberryswitzer
Werent

Thanks.  Covert is certainly the easiest, and leaving it overnight is no problem, I work from home anyway so we really only need one car these days.

Would definitely suck though, to have to waste time with them doing a diagnostic for the recall, and then having to schedule a second appointment.  I think I only ever had one recall on my Blazer, and Autonation knocked it out same day since I'd made an appointment and they had the parts on hand.

On 7/29/2020 at 10:14 PM, HOOKEM4 said:

Just take it from brew and buy a new vehicle. It is easier. 

Much simpler, they had it ready and I was in and out in 20 minutes and off to the beach. Plus got $36k on a 2017 with right at 65k miles, a busted rear end, needing the timing chain issue fixed, and past time for shock service.

Anyone running one of the higher end lift/leveling kits? I swore I wasn’t going back with Fox, but Icon’s have a shorter maintenance window. Thinking about just doing Fox’s again and keeping the original parts as backups. After putting 3k on the new one in 3 weeks, the ride sucks compared to my old one with the full Fox setup.

all my previous F150's, i changed the every 5000 miles (zero issues racking up 200k miles). my 2019 has an oil life reading, debating with sticking to every 5000 miles or going by the oil life number, thoughts and your experience ?

all my previous F150's, i changed the every 5000 miles (zero issues racking up 200k miles). my 2019 has an oil life reading, debating with sticking to every 5000 miles or going by the oil life number, thoughts and your experience ?
It all depends on your driving habits and what the truck is used for. I'm downright religious about oil changes. I'd also suggest having your oil analyzed, I use Blackstone laboratories and they can tell you everything about your oil. Then you can extend or decrease your oil changes by actual data. Cost about $27 per sample and the report is detailed.

Interesting. My truck is coming up on 10k, I’m leaning hard to going synthetic. I’m all highway miles 

I’ve always used a local shop and they’ve handled my trucks great 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Nice. That’s pretty much what I’ve decided will be the next one, when the current finally kaputs. They look so damn good. Too good, I have 2 on my street in that exact color/spec. 

2 hours ago, texhorn said:

Well, this just happened.

d5a87c10650912d468345245a906e114.jpg

Go ahead and get the steering stabilizer and become a club member with full privileges.  

2 hours ago, texhorn said:

Well, this just happened.

d5a87c10650912d468345245a906e114.jpg

I love how the two tone is in the grill as well. Awesome.