Fargo Season 4

babysdaddy

3 minutes ago, someguy said:

Hawley all but confirms it in an interview with Vulture (not disagreeing with you, just adding this for context):

And is there something of note in that Rabbi shares the same last name as Mike Milligan, Bokeem Woodbine’s KC Mafioso from season two? That season is set a couple decades after the events depicted in season four …

“There probably is,” Hawley says, adding that “I don’t think that any anyone’s going to be surprised to discover a connection down the line,” especially since Mike “was such an iconoclastic guy who didn’t fit in either the sort of white crime structure he was involved in or the Black community. Where does a guy like that come from? On some level, this story is that story.”

https://www.vulture.com/article/fargo-noah-hawley-season-4-repeating-themes-references.html

Thanks for posting this. 

Assuming Satchel is Mike Milligan, that would indicate to me that the Loy and Cannon Organization will get wiped out in the coming weeks. Why would Satchel change his name if his dad was still around? 

Favorite episode of the season.  Really well done.   After the Wizard of Oz homage, I was wondering if there might be some more in there.  Maybe Road to Perdition, a little Shining homage with that creepy hotel room.

I'm impressed with the kid playing Satchel.  Completely believable as a good kid quietly trying to keep his shit together as events spin out of control around him.

I've finally caught up to this and didn't even realize it hadn't finished yet. Fucking binge culture has ruined my viewing habits. I've seen every season, but don't remember details from them necessarily. Was it always this wild? ghosts, a Mexican standoff ending in a fucking tornado sucking everybody into a vortex. Is this basically just them saying it doesn't fucking matter how they died, they're just casualties of the mob wars? 

I'll be waiting for the finale. It's entertaining, and also annoying at times.

Wow. Loy, Josto, Oraeta  ... everybody dead.  I thought after losing out his empire to Volante the scriptwriters would let Loy live. 

I didn't like this season that much, really. Not nearly as good as Season one or three. I didn't find Chris Rock very believable. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

i went to hulu to watch the episode, and they have the run times next to each one.  54 min, 52 min, etc.  this episode - 39 minutes.  not ever a great sign when your finale is 25% shorter than the avg episode.

started very heavy with two mini-movies, and i enjoyed the story setup there.  but then it turned into too many sidestories and isolated moments like a recent star wars movie.  wasted olyphant.  pretty much wasted jack huston.  i liked the idea of the story told from the pov of the girl across the street, but they strayed away from that for most of the series, then came back for the shakedown scene, and eventually the last 2 minutes of the show.

would've been better with different main actors, but the story just wasn't that good.  having distracting antics from semi-interesting new characters does not equal "plot twists and turns".  especially when it mainly devolved into everyone killing each other, which is kinda what i was expecting.

then, at the end, it's a commentary on race - how the black mafia could never compete with the italian mafia.  what a weird, yet obvious conclusion.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished after letting the last couple sit on the dvr for awhile.  I'll agree that there's not much argument that this was the weakest season.  The Rabbi and Satchel scenes were good and Oreatta was entertaining but there wasn't that much else to like.  Oh, the the first episode was good too, but that was more like a mini-movie to setup the rest of the season.  I never felt invested in the gang battle, and had trouble keeping everyone straight honestly (partially on me not paying close enough attention but in earlier seasons I didn't have that problem).  Olyphant was basically wasted.  Josto and Gaetano, Zelmare and Swanee, and the dirty cop were all basically cartoon characters, to the point that it must have been a deliberate choice but it didn't really work for me.  At least Rock dropped some oranges when he died?

Edited by WBT

• 1 year later...

I'd like to see Mike Millegan, but this would be his third appearance in five seasons. Does it become the Mike Millegan show if he comes back again? 

Please God, no characters from Season 4. 

I thought the Kansas City season was OK, but it went away from Fargo's roots. I'd like to see something set in the Dakotas, Minnesota, or Wisconsin. 

• 3 months later...

Jon Hamm, Juno Temple, and Jennifer Jason Leigh are set to be the leads for season 5. 

Logline is " “When is a kidnapping not a kidnapping, and what if your wife isn’t yours?”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/fargo-season-5-jon-hamm-juno-temple-jennifer-jason-leigh-1235159980/

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1