Caden Sterns

BigOrange1

4 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Good sign for Wheeler and Johnson doing their jobs.

Yeah that and Sterns missing tackles

Until the INT I thought he actually played his poorest game of the year. Now, not sure why we were scheming him as a dime back. Seems like Orlando was asking a bit much.

4 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

I thought he had his best game of the season. Not saying much (I have been pretty hard on Wheeler in game threads) but he didn't seem lost or slow yesterday. I'll look closer on rewatch.

His measurables will get better. He was about a half step behind some of the Baylor WRs on some of the shallow routes they threw.

5 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

giphy.gif

Looks like Davis was completely oblivious of Caden's presence on that play.  Definitely had no idea where the ball was since he never turned around, then managed to jump 4" off the ground when he realized the WR was going up to make the catch.  So glad Caden is here to clean up messes.

Edited by OU Sucks

36 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Looks like Davis was completely oblivious of Caden's presence on that play [shocking, I know].  And definitely had no idea where the ball was since he never turned around.  So glad Caden is here to clean up messes.

GIF is misleading.

It was cover 2, Davis was in trail, watched the ball get thrown, then turned to play the WR. He side-steps OOB right before the gif starts to avoid colliding with Caden (which is why he is ackwardly reaching back in inside while running OOB).

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 4

He's usually pretty good at playing balls in the air. I didn't see them throw anywhere near him last night, so that's some respect.

With that said, he's had problems tackling in space, and last night i saw #7 miss a lot of tackles. 

So did Machete his first year, (problems tackling in space) and in parts of the others as well. I think Sterns roll be fine though, and potentially much better than fine. (and better than KV as well)

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He can’t tackle and getting beat deep in 2 minutes is not an experience thing.  He’s talented but still a true frosh.

Right.

Who would replace him?  

I can see he is struggling and I'm not a coach.  

He was out of position for 3 TDs today.  Also played terrible last game.  I think he will be a stud but he played terrible today.  He cannot get beat on that last TD.  No matter what.  Let them complete everything in front of you.  You cannot get beat there.  That's on the coaches too.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

He was out of position for 3 TDs today.  Also played terrible last game.  I think he will be a stud but he played terrible today.  He cannot get beat on that last TD.  No matter what.  Let them complete everything in front of you.  You cannot get beat there.  That's on the coaches too.  

This.  He may have been asked to do too much for a frosh, but he sure as hell should know how to fucking tackle.  And he sure as hell should have known not to let the receiver get behind him at the end of the game.

As usual for most defensive players, he has regressed markedly as the season (and years for upperclassmen) go on.
I'm fucking tired of this shit.  EVERY other fucking university's players improve, you know, like they're supposed to.|
Ours look like they make a ubie and head back towards the fucking birth canal.  It's been like this for 10 years.  Look at our draft record.  
Go to Texas and get shitty.   What the fuck is going on in this fucking universe???????????????

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2018 at 6:54 PM, phdhorn said:

As usual for most defensive players, he has regressed markedly as the season (and years for upperclassmen) go on.
I'm fucking tired of this shit.  EVERY other fucking university's players improve, you know, like they're supposed to.|
Ours look like they make a ubie and head back towards the fucking birth canal.  It's been like this for 10 years.  Look at our draft record.  
Go to Texas and get shitty.   What the fuck is going on in this fucking universe???????????????

Calm your tits he's a true freshman

• Like 2