Jump to content
Ldogg53

Gym Pet Peeves

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Ldogg53 said:

Shit. I posted it in the old thread, but I used to work out at a Blast Fitness that had hand dryers installed on the wall. The old dudes would go over and punch the button and basically mount the wall to dry themselves. Horrific.

24 hour it's not just the old dudes doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old dudes in the locker room are a problem no matter what gym you go to. It's a cot-damned epidemic.

 

I'm not too mad at the OP pic either, there was nobody in that gym, in fact that pic looked pretty damn great because there was many empty benches and a decent looking lady working out. Blocking the rack is a no-no generally, but I don't mind people who do the rows there as long as they  move their asses when they're done. And as long as they're not using the weights for support when they're lifting less than 50 or 60 pounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7.png

And yes I’ve seen the old bastards blow drying their balls


Old guys who wander into the locker room after getting out of the pool without making the slightest effort to dry off first. Motherfucker, it’s like somebody just hauled a marlin on deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whew man, where to start:

1. Taking up two or more stations.

2. groups mostly talking and occupying a station.

3. Music on speakers or relatedly, singing songs out loud.

4. The perfume thing or really out of control BO. 

5. Slamming or dropping weights repeatedly.

6. Grunting loud during reps. Usually same guy as in no. 5.

7. Using the bench for anything other than bench press. (Not the porto benches). 

8. Sunglasses. ( No joke)

9. Selfie nonsense.

10. Using a station to text.

11. The perv who runs off the hotties. That's not me I promise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a new one today: single leg dumbbell lunges on an Olympic lifting platform. Bonus points because it was the only platform at the gym.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TexOx said:

Saw a new one today: single leg dumbbell lunges on an Olympic lifting platform. Bonus points because it was the only platform at the gym.

Fireable offense, there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The amount of people bringing boom boxes and stereos to the gym to blast their music so we all are forced to listen is increasing and it’s annoying as fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong, it's a bullshit move, but are these boom boxes so loud you can hear them over your headphones, or are you brave enough to go to the gym without headphones and be subjected to whatever the gym plays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BearMace said:

Don't get me wrong, it's a bullshit move, but are these boom boxes so loud you can hear them over your headphones, or are you brave enough to go to the gym without headphones and be subjected to whatever the gym plays?

Yes I can hear their music over my headphones sometimes 

What’s funny is a dude did this one time, then another guy went to management to complain.  The next day,  the dude that complained and boom box bro were working out together.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a couple of guys who work out at my gym that are sterorypical roid users. You know, they wear smallest available wife beater tanks, scream at each other to get that one last rep, and throw around dumb bells before posing in the mirror.

They upped their game a few weeks ago. Every so often they would reach into their gym bags and start eating a small can of tuna fish. 

Of course I didn't complain to the management because I am pretty sure they could take me out rather quickly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Of course I didn't complain to the management because I am pretty sure they could take me out rather quickly

Those are usually the guys who couldn’t fight to save their lives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

There is a couple of guys who work out at my gym that are sterorypical roid users. You know, they wear smallest available wife beater tanks, scream at each other to get that one last rep, and throw around dumb bells before posing in the mirror.

They upped their game a few weeks ago. Every so often they would reach into their gym bags and start eating a small can of tuna fish. 

Of course I didn't complain to the management because I am pretty sure they could take me out rather quickly

Fuck that.  I can't be anywhere around canned tuna.  I'd either call the cops or quit going to that gym.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wife and I are members of a JCC since they offer part-time daycare and require a membership to use it after a few times. It's nice since they have a lap pool, but so many naked old Jewish dudes in the locker room. They must have bets to see who can be naked the longest using the most amount of space. Several times I have seen fully naked men shaving at the sinks. 

Edited by GSU&UT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2018 at 10:31 PM, BurntOrangeCrush said:

There is a couple of guys who work out at my gym that are sterorypical roid users. You know, they wear smallest available wife beater tanks, scream at each other to get that one last rep, and throw around dumb bells before posing in the mirror.

They upped their game a few weeks ago. Every so often they would reach into their gym bags and start eating a small can of tuna fish. 

Of course I didn't complain to the management because I am pretty sure they could take me out rather quickly

Setting aside the smell issue, how in the fuck can someone actually eat during a workout?  I can't eat anything from 2 hours before to 1 hour after or I get really nauseated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ldogg53 said:

Setting aside the smell issue, how in the fuck can someone actually eat during a workout?  I can't eat anything from 2 hours before to 1 hour after or I get really nauseated.

Some guys spend hours in the gym. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Some guys spend hours in the gym. 

I'm well aware.  There was a time when I used to spend a good 3 hours in there.   Having food in my stomach when I'm exerting myself is not something I can handle and it surprises me how others can do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 70+ year old dude who had his leg hiked up on the counter in the locker room, blow-drying his ball-sack in the mirror was a real treat. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who claim a machine, and then they spend minute after minute texting and not using it, and there’s no other machine of that kind available. Fuck them.

A while back a dude takes a bench press, and I guess somebody had left a bunch of weight on it, like four 45-lb plates on each side of the bar. So I’m working out and I hear a loud crash. The new dude decided to remove all of the previous dude’s plates, doing only one side instead of alternating. Eventually physics won. What an idiot.

People who work out with a barbell, and when they are done they don’t put the plates back. They suck.

People who don’t bother to learn good technique, they are stupid. One guy was doing squats and was leaning forward enough that his heels were off the ground. Good technique, dipshit.

People who ask you a question as you are squeezing your last ounce of strength to finish a set. Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sick of dudes who come to the gym and smell like something died.  Dude, I get it, it's the gym and you are sweating.  But holy shit I couldn't even finish my sets on the bench next to this one guy yesterday.  Just a quick swipe of deodorant will fix that.

 

Kind of in the same category as speakers at the gym - people who talk on speakerphone at the gym.  This bothers me everywhere but especially in the gym.  I don't need to hear about your drama with "Jason and his cousin" when I'm working out.  Fuck you - and fuck Jason and his cousin for that matter.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 At Body Business on Anderson I once saw a 70 year old man shaving naked at the sink. By shaving I mean lifting up his balls, shaving underneath, and rinsing the razor in the sink.  I am no longer a member there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Druggist said:

 At Body Business on Anderson I once saw a 70 year old man shaving naked at the sink. By shaving I mean lifting up his balls, shaving underneath, and rinsing the razor in the sink.  I am no longer a member there.

I definitely have an issue with his choice of venue, but props to a 70-year-old for still wanting to manscape for his lady. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i’m but 50 and i already have a huge case of the i don’t give a fucks. i’d shave my taint at my gym right now. you know why? because i don’t give a FUCK.

 

i’m preparing for the imminent loss of friends and family at 60, prison at 70. cheer me on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People that need music to lift. WTF? I can't believe people need motivation of hearing a voice or instruments clapping to achieve a goal. What a waste of human intelligence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Curling in the squat rack. 

2. Grunting

3. People that don't know how to wipe their ass and smell like shit. 

4. Cross training with equipment when the gym is full. Always the skinny guys

5. Quarter/half reps. If you can't do a full rep, you should decrease the weight and get your form down first

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, d.plainview872 said:

People that need music to lift. WTF? I can't believe people need motivation of hearing a voice or instruments clapping to achieve a goal. What a waste of human intelligence. 

This is a horrific take.  No one needs the music as motivation, but it's more enjoyable with it.  Just like, oh I don't know, listening to music when you drive.  

And at my gym you better have headphones on if not you'll be stuck listening to the horrid pop shit they pipe in all over the place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2018 at 11:17 PM, d.plainview872 said:

1. Curling in the squat rack. 

2. Grunting

3. People that don't know how to wipe their ass and smell like shit. 

4. Cross training with equipment when the gym is full. Always the skinny guys

5. Quarter/half reps. If you can't do a full rep, you should decrease the weight and get your form down first

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"People that need music to lift. WTF? I can't believe people need motivation of hearing a voice or instruments clapping to achieve a goal. What a waste of human intelligence. "

 

WTF

 

Yesterday... had someone ask me if I needed my bench.  I didn't need it at that point so I said go ahead... he painstakingly moved it across the gym, did one set... and left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

watching this unfold the other day.  dude 1 had been patiently waiting his turn at the squat rack.  he is definitely not skipping leg day.  rack finally frees up, he walks over, another dude walks up at the same time.  they talk.  i think, cool, 1st dude is letting 2nd dude work in.

 

they both load up 1 45lb plate on each side.  second dude does his set.  first dude goes to remove a plate.  2nd dude is like, ok, whatevs.  2nd dude removes the plate. 

 

1st dude proceeds to do shoulder presses.  WITH NO WEIGHT ON THE BAR.  2nd dude looks at the 1st dude, like, what in the fuck.  

 

they alternate like this for about 5 sets.  1st dude continues to do shoulder presses with no weights, at the squat rack.  second dude was ragey but contained himself. 

 

there's a shoulder press station that is empty the whole time this happens.  

 

i was laughing my ass off.

Edited by crash_davis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The peg is right fucking there. How lazy can you be to not rack weights properly?? You made it 95% of the way there.

d57b3462920393952340a2e693fe5a11.heic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ldogg53 said:

The peg is right fucking there. How lazy can you be to not rack weights properly?? You made it 95% of the way there.

d57b3462920393952340a2e693fe5a11.heic

These are the same people who don't reload the toilet paper roll. Just put the new roll on the sink and call it good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain the recent rise in people feeling the need to film their lifting?   Where is this content going?   Is there anyone that says "my friends want to to see me workout?'

Ever since LTF went to this alpha hiit deal I've noticed this occurring more and more.  Yesterday two girls were using the fake squat racks and filming and taking pictures of each other squatting.   But here's the deal.  They weren't working out.  They just do one or two squats while the other did the photo shoot and then switched.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chic at work keeps forcing everyone in the break room at lunch to watch videos of her doing squats and shit. Granted she's young and good thick and can squat 300, but nobody gives a shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, midtown said:

Can someone explain the recent rise in people feeling the need to film their lifting?   Where is this content going?   Is there anyone that says "my friends want to to see me workout?'

Ever since LTF went to this alpha hiit deal I've noticed this occurring more and more.  Yesterday two girls were using the fake squat racks and filming and taking pictures of each other squatting.   But here's the deal.  They weren't working out.  They just do one or two squats while the other did the photo shoot and then switched.  

clearly you're not an influencer.

Edited by elfenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, midtown said:

Can someone explain the recent rise in people feeling the need to film their lifting?   Where is this content going?   Is there anyone that says "my friends want to to see me workout?'

Ever since LTF went to this alpha hiit deal I've noticed this occurring more and more.  Yesterday two girls were using the fake squat racks and filming and taking pictures of each other squatting.   But here's the deal.  They weren't working out.  They just do one or two squats while the other did the photo shoot and then switched.  

I've got an acquaintance who I follow on instagram and he posts a selfie or a video of him lifting nearly every damn day. I often wonder how much time he spends each day recording himself, and if he feels any shame doing this publicly. He includes about a thousand gym hashtags to try to get more people to like his posts, but typically he only gets about a dozen or so likes and a few other gym dorks commenting to get him to go like their shit. The whole thing is so narcissisticly absurd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...