Big 12 Championship Game Scenarios

903Cougar

On 11/6/2018 at 9:32 AM, Vertigo said:

Our offense seems to be rounding into form over the past few games into an effective unit.

Yes - the offense looks great.

As long as we keep playing a bunch of 17 year olds and sloths on D then that is going to remain the concern for going 3-0 from here on out. 

We’ll know a lot more about our paths to the ccg after our game tomorrow, but there is a plausible scenario where we could still go to the ccg even with a loss to tech.  The game we absolutely have to win under any scenario is the Iowa state game.  

For giggles, the scenario where we advance even with a loss to tech is entering into a 3-way tie with WVU and ISU for the 2nd place spot in the ccg (ou getting the 1st spot).  In that scenario, assuming we lost to tech but won out after that, we would need WVU to lose twice (to okst or tcu and ou), and tech to lose once (to Baylor or kstate).  Then we’d have a 3way, 3loss tie between UT/ISU/WVU, which we would win.. because the tie breaker  would then be determined by best record against the next best team in the conference: which would be against ou, who we are 1-0 against.

6 hours ago, Xcalibur said:

We’ll know a lot more about our paths to the ccg after our game tomorrow, but there is a plausible scenario where we could still go to the ccg even with a loss to tech.  The game we absolutely have to win under any scenario is the Iowa state game.  

For giggles, the scenario where we advance even with a loss to tech is entering into a 3-way tie with WVU and ISU for the 2nd place spot in the ccg (ou getting the 1st spot).  In that scenario, assuming we lost to tech but won out after that, we would need WVU to lose twice (to okst or tcu and ou), and tech to lose once (to Baylor or kstate).  Then we’d have a 3way, 3loss tie between UT/ISU/WVU, which we would win.. because the tie breaker  would then be determined by best record against the next best team in the conference: which would be against ou, who we are 1-0 against.

I think TCU beats hillbilly tomorrow.  I know TCU sucks this year but they still play good defense and have better personnel to do what ISU did. 

WV overrated, Sills and Grier can go fuck each other after a moonshine bender.  

1 hour ago, Treefidy said:

I think TCU beats hillbilly tomorrow.  I know TCU sucks this year but they still play good defense and have better personnel to do what ISU did. 

They couldn't even beat Kansas, you expect them to beat WV?

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Treefidy said:

Iowa St was at home and we all know weird shit happen in Iowa St. WVU looks like a completely different team since that game. And TCU has tanked since the Ohio St loss. WVU is at home and should take care of business. 

8 minutes ago, 903Cougar said:

They couldn't even beat Kansas, you expect them to beat WV?

Just have a feeling WV will be hung over and TCU has the best pass defense in B12. 

They beat ISU 17-14 and lost to tech 14-17.  I think they win this game in that sort of fashion. 

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

Just have a feeling WV will be hung over and TCU has the best pass defense in B12. 

They beat ISU 17-14 and lost to tech 14-17.  I think they win this game in that sort of fashion. 

Both of those games were at TCU. I don't think they go into Morgantown and win. I can see it being like the OU game where it's close for a little and then WVU pulls away in the 2nd half.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Both of those games were at TCU. I don't think they go into Morgantown and win. I can see it being like the OU game where it's close for a little and then WVU pulls away in the 2nd half.

Maybe so, just get that feeling about this game

dont forget, WV are great bedshitters

Edited by Treefidy

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Iowa St was at home and we all know weird shit happen in Iowa St. WVU looks like a completely different team since that game. And TCU has tanked since the Ohio St loss. WVU is at home and should take care of business. 

Iowa State executes our defensive style much more effectively than us. They also got some legit playmakers at QB, WR, and HB. I don’t know how TCU beat them.

18 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Nailed it!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Great call dumbfuck

Strike two dumbfuck

17 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Maybe so, just get that feeling about this game

dont forget, WV are great bedshitters

Strike three dumbfuck..... Suck it .  Just an awesome display of being wrong....repeatedly.

1 minute ago, taybo20 said:

@Whitman seems angry

Couldn't go to Morgantown today because of a commitment, I have only two Miller Lites in the fridge, and my Hokie son who was home last weekend took all my rum from the liquor cabinet, broke up with a girlfriend and haven't got laid recently, and our basketball team looked like crap to open the season last night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Whitman said:

Couldn't go to Morgantown today because of a commitment, I have only two Miller Lites in the fridge, and my Hokie son who was home last weekend took all my rum from the liquor cabinet, broke up with a girlfriend and haven't got laid recently, and our basketball team looked like crap to open the season last night. 

So, typical hillbilly drama.  Can't go get more miller lite cuz the transmissions laying in the yard and you had to sell the copper still to get the girlfriend something nice, like an abortion.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Pics of ex girlfriend?
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

west virginia is going to beat ou in morgantown.  i'd be pretty fucking surprised if it didn't happen. 

I'm hoping so, but we haven't beaten them since joining the Big 12.  Dana is 0-6.  We've got two tough ones left with OSU in Stillwater and then OU.  

PS; A conference championship game in a 10 team league where everyone has already played everyone seems kind of silly to me.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Whitman said:

I'm hoping so, but we haven't beaten them since joining the Big 12.  Dana is 0-6.  We've got two tough ones left with OSU in Stillwater and then OU.  

PS; A conference championship game in a 10 team league where everyone has already played everyone seems kind of silly to me.

More like massively idiotic.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

How do you figure? Wouldn’t it come down to point differential in the West Virginia OU game?

Man some people aren’t good at reading the tie breaking rules.  In the above scenario, if ou wins, WVU would have 3 conference losses and we would have only 2.  We would advance to play ou in the ccg.  If wvu wins, ou would have 2 conference losses and so would we. But we beat them head to head for the tie breaker.  We would advance to play wvu in the ccg.

Man some people aren’t good at reading the tie breaking rules.  In the above scenario, if ou wins, WVU would have 3 conference losses and we would have only 2.  We would advance to play ou in the ccg.  If wvu wins, ou would have 2 conference losses and so would we. But we beat them head to head for the tie breaker.  We would advance to play wvu in the ccg.

Hey asshole, I’ll gladly admit to being confused by the tiebreaker rules, but if WV loses to oSu and then beats OU we all have 2 conference losses. It’s a 3-way tie with each time having beaten one and lost to the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Xcalibur said:

I mean it’s not rocket science. If OSU didn’t shit the bed, they could’ve potentially forced a three way tie scenario which wouldve also benefited us. That’s water under the bridge though

2 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

Hey asshole, I’ll gladly admit to being confused by the tiebreaker rules, but if WV loses to oSu and then beats OU we all have 2 conference losses. It’s a 3-way tie with each time having beaten one and lost to the other.

If WVU beats OU, then OU wouldn't have beaten one - they would have lost to both WVU and UT.

8 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

In that scenario it goes to the record against the 4th place team. That’s likely to be Iowa State. WVU lost to Iowa State. So Texas might wanna act like they give a shit about winning this game. 

Edited by A’Dam Psycho

8 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

Hold onto your panties, no need for the sass.  There would be no 3way tie in that scenario.  Ou would have losses to both us and Wvu, thus making head to head relevant.  We would advance to the ccg along with wvu.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

really hoping for the wvu/ok state game to be a night game...

It's an afternoon (2:30) game.  

7 hours ago, Whitman said:

Then maybe its time to make it a 12 team league.  

4 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

A three-way tie ala 2008 that would expose the lack of foresight by this conference would be another blunder (ala 2014) bringing the major LOLz.  

Edited by 903Cougar

I know we're all rooting for OSU to knock off WV, but let's be honest, we've turned into OSU's Super Bowl.  If they're not playing us, you can count on them to shit the bed.  For some reason, the Pokes always get up for us but can never knock out their supposed rival ousux when we need them to.  We need to win out and hope WV takes out the dick gobblers.

6 hours ago, Xcalibur said:

Hold onto your panties, no need for the sass.  There would be no 3way tie in that scenario.  Ou would have losses to both us and Wvu, thus making head to head relevant.  We would advance to the ccg along with wvu.

I hope this happens. Was thinking how funny it was that WV was acting like doing the horns down wasn't a big issue, but all their players and fans threw a fit when ISU sang Country Roads after their loss. 

iowa-state-sings-country-roads-after-beating-west-virginia-mountaineers-fans-are-triggered 

50 minutes ago, texaslong said:

I hope this happens. Was thinking how funny it was that WV was acting like doing the horns down wasn't a big issue, but all their players and fans threw a fit when ISU sang Country Roads after their loss. 

iowa-state-sings-country-roads-after-beating-west-virginia-mountaineers-fans-are-triggered 

No wonder they always wear hides. Compensating for their thin skin.

7 minutes ago, Xian said:

So if we beat isu there is a very good chance we are in it. I’ll take it. 

I guess but I can only think of ONE time a scenario played out - that was out of our hands - that benefited us. I think Okie St beat OU once in the late 90's which backed us in to the Big 12 CCG.