Big 12 Championship Game Scenarios

903Cougar

On 11/11/2018 at 4:43 PM, Lost in the World said:

The simplest way to look at this: If we win out, the only thing that would keep us from playing in the conference championship is if OU wins out.

The good guys need to win out and blowU has to lose. That's it. 

Yup. Real simple, root against OU, root for Texas.

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

Yeah that was a crazy year with 9/11 and all.  Big12 title game was a week before the Sec title game.  OU lost late to OSU putting us in a rematch with CU.  We punked CU 41-7 earlier in the year and as you said, CU had beaten #1 or #2  Neb earlier in the year.

We were BCS bound with UF losing earlier in the day.  That game was rescheduled b/c of 9/11 (it was Spurrier's last game).

All we had to do was win.  Phil Geigar roughing the punter with a couple minutes left put a wet blanket on Major's epic comeback.  One of Simms INTs got Benson hurt compounding a terrible first half.  I watched that game on Bourbon St csb.

the all-time list of Stubborn Mack begins as follows:

1a. wazzu Holiday Bowl

1b. '01 CCG

2 hours ago, Zavala said:

Lets go Mountaineers!

shit.png

What the fuck is this? 

Some kind of future form of football where players are placed in a "penalty box" that is a cell with laser bars?

I think I've got an idea for Vince McMahon's new and improved XFL...

Edited by Blanton
Big XII is retarded

57 minutes ago, Blanton said:

What the fuck is this? 

Some kind of future form of football where players are placed in a "penalty box" that is a cell with laser bars?

I think I've got an idea for Vince McMahon's new and improved XFL...

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dphG/big-12-conference-every-game-matters

Get ready to cringe. This confrence is cancer.

17 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

We should hopefully be able to rest some guys that are injured and play some guys getting a RS

That doesn't sound like something this team will be able to do. I expect Kansas to be within 2 scores until the 4th quarter at least.

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

What happens with a Tx and WVU loss with ISU win? All 3 same conf records and beaten each other

good question. i would go with point differentials in the 3 games. we beat ISU by 14. ISU beat WVU by 16. WVU beat us by 1. ISU would be at +2. UT would be at +13. WVU would be at -15. I am just making shit up but it sounds good to me.

Or they could just go by overall record.

6 minutes ago, bluto said:

I just looked at the tiebreaker and I'm not sure why it wouldn't come to point differential between round robin of tied teams... in which case we still go as last night's 14 pt win was Effin huge

so if it does, we actually have a good chance to still go with a loss to KU. Just would need OU to beat WVU and ISU to beat KSU.

Edited by po elvis

1 minute ago, DCA_HORN said:

Gentlemen, it dont make a shit.

I'm not counting anything as a W with this squad and KU will be senior day, beattys finale, last game of year for em, and most importantly, they actually have a little talent (esp the freshman RB). Their D played about as solid as you could hope for vs ou for long stretches too, and yes I know that sounds very dumb giving up 50

40 minutes ago, po elvis said:

i think it means they would compare how each team did against the #1 team, OU. We would have a win, WVU and ISU a loss, so we win the tiebreaker.

So basically the only scenarios we don’t make it is a loss to Kansas and a WVU win, or a loss to Kansas, OU win and ISU loss.

Just win.

Edited by bigcigar

I'm not counting anything as a W with this squad and KU will be senior day, beattys finale, last game of year for em, and most importantly, they actually have a little talent (esp the freshman RB). Their D played about as solid as you could hope for vs ou for long stretches too, and yes I know that sounds very dumb giving up 50
So what you are saying is they were good for 2 quarters?

Texas should beat Kansas but I wouldn't put it past KU to make y'all sweat a little like they did last night with Mobilehoma.  If Sam plays, then Friday evening will basically be watching your two possible opponents square off in what is the equivalent to a conference semi-final game.  

• Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Fart said:

Looking like it's going to be WVU, I just don't see OU beating them in Morgantown.  

West Virginia is a completely different team at home. 5-0 at home with a 32.2 point margin of victory. Only giving up 13.8 points a game at home. Not a tough schedule at home so far but I have a tough time seeing OU winning this game.

16 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

West Virginia is a completely different team at home. 5-0 at home with a 32.2 point margin of victory. Only giving up 13.8 points a game at home. Not a tough schedule at home so far but I have a tough time seeing OU winning this game.

This game does seem like it has the makings of a 65-55 type affair.  I just can't see OU's defense even remotely coming close to stopping Grier and WVU offense in Morgantown.

17 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Just looked at the weather.

~ 36-38 F at kickoff (8pm Friday) and cloudy. Conditions should hold throughout the game.

I would think that its harder to run the Sooners offense in colder conditions.... and WVU should be better suited for it.

IDK. Just one more data pt.

Just now, Dnaguy said:

Just looked at the weather.

~ 36-38 F at kickoff (8pm Friday) and cloudy. Conditions should hold throughout the game.

I would think that its harder to run the Sooners offense in colder conditions.... and WVU should be better suited for it.

IDK. Just one more data pt.

The colder it is, the harder the turf. So Kyler the Pussy should be in constant pain falling down anytime someone gets near him. 

• Like 2